Stann vs Wand at Light Heavy?

Damn, in this picture, Wand does look 205 ....

year old.

Never payed attention to the others fights in this card aside from Stan vs Wand, this card is sick!!

Better than a lot of PPVs, and it's on Fuel.

Sample conversation:

"dude, we both know this fight doesn't mean anything long term, so how about we skip the saunas and shit and make it 205?"

"well, it'll look pretty sweet on my resume to have KO'd Wanderlei Silva in Japan, but I can do that at 203 as easily as at 185 these days... sure."

"I mean, I'm flying back over here to bask in the love of my Japanese fans one more time, I really don't want to be pissed off and dehydrated. My poor brain has taken enough abuse."

Reading those in "Wanderlian English" is actually quite hilarious.

Strong card.

Not cutting weight could help Wand as he gets older.

Hendo said going to 185 took too much out of him as he got older (after the Jake fight). Maybe without the cut he will feel stronger.

Wand is gonna come in huge!

Might Help his chin if he doesn't cut weight.

Both will probably be better at LHW.

Monster Wand FTW

susumu03.jpg

Head hunting is probably the worst thing Silva could do, but it's also probably exactly what he'll do.

Absolutely not. Stann folds under pressure so it's most likely Wand is going to jardine Stann.

I don't think either of them were really dying to cut to 185

They've both fought most of their careers at LHW. I'm not sure why this should shock anyone.

Yeah. Silva's people say how bout 205 and Stann says yes, thanks. Each guy is coming off a loss, so it isn't like they are in line for a title shot or anything.

Back