stacked during gogoplata

jiujitzurero

White Belt
Reaction score
what if you are already in gogoplata and the guy f*cking stacks you? it really hyper extends the groin with your foot already "trapped" under his throat.

it should not matter if he stacks you. pull down on the back of the head with your one free hand that is not grabbing your foot/toes.

bam, done.

thanks. I was thinking about that too. I guess I should just stretch more to make the pain irrelevant when the guy stacks me.

thanks. I was thinking about that too. I guess I should just stretch more to make the pain irrelevant when the guy stacks me.

Stacking that shit is a legit defense to the gogoplata. It puts alot of pressure on your knees, and if you have pain there then it means they aren't flexible enough to be in that position. I've never understood why people will put themselves in a position in a way that their body doesn't bend.

Stacking that shit is a legit defense to the gogoplata. It puts alot of pressure on your knees, and if you have pain there then it means they aren't flexible enough to be in that position. I've never understood why people will put themselves in a position in a way that their body doesn't bend.

not really on the knees, i was feeling it in the groin area being stretched like a mofo when stacked...like the area targetted when you do butterfly stretches

Stacking is a lame defense to the gogoplata. It is much easier to grab the guys foot (The one applyin the gogoplata) and turn it inward creating a toe hold. Then you get an escape along with a submission.

Stacking is a lame defense to the gogoplata. It is much easier to grab the guys foot (The one applyin the gogoplata) and turn it inward creating a toe hold. Then you get an escape along with a submission.

Yeah once he has his shin against your throat it's not the best idea. I meant that if somebody is trying to set one up and trying to pull their foot around your shoulder with the intention of going under your chin, to stack and stay tight, which will limit the space they have to work with and put alot of pressure on their knees.

I've had guys stack me in a gogoplata and I usually have the tapping quick, but if flexibility becomes an issue just give up position and go to omoplata.

When you are in a gogoplata, what exactly are you doing with your other foot. I've seen people keep it on their hip to push them out and I personally throw it over their shoulder to help keep them pinned down.

I throw it over the shoulder to keep their posture down as well. Also helps put more pressure.

you could try using your other foot to push your shin into his throat, thus making him tap faster. If you had your leg over his shoulder, theoretically you could transition into a triangle and defend the stack as you would normally with a triangle, not sure if it would work though, im trying to play it out in my head as i type

Back