• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

St. Carnal's Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly certain it's a combination of money, fame, and an army of PR people, producers, and song-writers that make him "desirable".

Which reminds me of this:

3mnkR5g.jpg

I'm fairly certain it's a combination of money, fame, and an army of PR people, producers, and song-writers that make him "desirable".

I wasn't talking about any talentless individual in particular. Just on what a lot of people generally seem to find attractive, and how it can change overtime.

You could look at it as supply and demand. As the amount of body fat the average person carries continues to climb, being lean, even if there's no significant amount of muscle or athleticism accompanying it, becomes more valuable, Ie. attractive. Whereas, large breasts on a fat woman become even less valuable/attractive than they were, because there's more fat women than ever before.

Then surely being A swole Tyrannosaurus Flex would be even more attractive. Because thats an even rarer phenomenon.

Then surely being A swole Tyrannosaurus Flex would be even more attractive. Because thats an even rarer phenomenon.

I'd like to think it is, up to a point. But it's not like I'm an expert on what women find attractive.

Which reminds me of this:

3mnkR5g.jpg

Doesn't matter how times i see this i still find it hilarious!

Mir x Barnett is the first UFC-fight I can excited about in ages...

Mir x Barnett is the first UFC-fight I can excited about in ages...

I'm looking forward to it too. Luckily I am working nights at the weekend so I should be able to watch it. Should be a close fight.

I'm looking forward to it too. Luckily I am working nights at the weekend so I should be able to watch it. Should be a close fight.

Just remembered, MilkMan: Tomorrow, I am aiming for that 205kg DL (450lbs). I'll be pulling sumo, just chalk.

It's about time one of us stepped up and won this competition.

Unless I haven't been following your training log enough, or you aren't telling me something.

Skinny guys with abbs = / = fat chicks with boobs.

Skinny guys with abs tend to think they have awesome bodies, where the fat girl knows she's fat.

Just remembered, MilkMan: Tomorrow, I am aiming for that 205kg DL (450lbs). I'll be pulling sumo, just chalk.

Unless I haven't been following your training log enough, or you aren't telling me something.

No I would certainly tell you! I can only wish you luck - I've not tried pulling sumo, do you get much more from it?

LET'S DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Also, the CF gym just formally asked me to start writing their strength programming for all regular classes starting in October. It'll be a unique challenge in that we're talking about finding a way to ensure constant progression using about twenty minutes of one hour classes. Unless I can talk them into a format change.

Guess I better get srs about my excel skills again...

LET'S DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

Also, the CF gym just formally asked me to start writing their strength programming for all regular classes starting in October. It'll be a unique challenge in that we're talking about finding a way to ensure constant progression using about twenty minutes of one hour classes. Unless I can talk them into a format change.

Guess I better get srs about my excel skills again...

Do they plan on doing WODS after strength training?

Keep us posted on your programming... I'd be interested in knowing what you come up with...

Well I'll be working with their WOD guy to develop the program. We have to strike a balance between progression and happy clients/athletes. I know that sounds contradictory because if you're getting stronger you should be happy. However, it's important to remember that a good portion of the regular class goers just come in to get "a good workout". If they aren't beat up afterwards they feel like it wasn't effective.

Yes, yes. I know. It's silly. We all know that. A lot of this is going to be an educational process and getting them to stay the course and have faith in the system. Right now my plan is to ease them into it.

Right out of the gate I doubt we'll get much separation between squatting 75% for a 6x4 and then doing box jumps and so forth but the WOD guy really is pretty sharp. He knows this type of thing isn't ideal. We've talked about it briefly before. He's also acutely aware that you have to keep them happy and walking through the door. It is a business after all.

That being said I know we can find a way to get people a lot fuckin stronger, and keep them satisfied with how they "feel".

Initially using things like moderate volume combined with moderate intensity should crush them. They're accustomed to one or the other. The few that I've subjected to that middle ground found it to be quite taxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back