SSF Short

farmboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying some new fight shorts, and not looking to lose the house over it. I found the SSF shorts for $25.00, well without acceptable price range as far as the wife is concerned. My question: has anybody had any experience with them and are they worth getting to save the $15-30 on a more expensive brand?

They are clones of the Truth short that I have heard nothing but great things about. I guess it depends on what your looking for for how much $$$ you want to spend. But the SSF shorts are probably the best bang for the buck.

2nd best bang for the buck. Truth is a few dollars cheapier then our shorts. They are made for us by Truth. I'd love to have Chris make us a run of custom shorts in the future.

www.SSFgear.com

Your wife won't let you buy a pair of shorts with your own money unless she deems them to be within an acceptable price range? What the Hell is that?

Superbeast said:
Your wife won't let you buy a pair of shorts with your own money unless she deems them to be within an acceptable price range? What the Hell is that?

Love and marriage....

Sounds more like she's got his balls in a vice. She probably has no problem with spending his money on herself or "something nice for the house" though.

Get yourself some Jet Nogi USA shorts while they are on sale and tell her it's your goddamn cash. Problem solved.

Nogi makes great shorts and they are on sell so I would go with any of the three brands mentioned.

www,SSFgear.com

sprawl has a clearance too on a few sizes depending on how lucky you are you might able to get in on that

Superbeast said:
Sounds more like she's got his balls in a vice. She probably has no problem with spending his money on herself or "something nice for the house" though.

Get yourself some Jet Nogi USA shorts while they are on sale and tell her it's your goddamn cash. Problem solved.
You seem to be under the assumption that a)my wife doesn't have a job and b)that I'm a high school kid with a disposable income. I consider myself lucky that I have a wife that is understanding enough to let me do a lot of the stuff I do. I'm not a pro fighter, so I don't need top of the line (read pricey) stuff. My balls are just fine where they are, thank you.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

And thanks to SSF for your honesty.

farmboy said:
You seem to be under the assumption that a)my wife doesn't have a job and b)that I'm a high school kid with a disposable income. I consider myself lucky that I have a wife that is understanding enough to let me do a lot of the stuff I do. I'm not a pro fighter, so I don't need top of the line (read pricey) stuff. My balls are just fine where they are, thank you.

Man I'm so never getting married. Who says "I'm lucky to have an understanding wife" yet need permission to buy shorts? Wow.

It's not for everyone. And, as I said before, most of the guys here talk like money grows on trees and you have no bills to pay. Anyone ever heard of a budget? Try moving out of your mom and dad's basement.

farmboy said:

I'd rather be honest then to have you pissed about finding the same thing cheapier. I guess I'm not the best businessman around.

www.SSFgear.com

Superbeast said:

i suggest drinking, and then spousal abuse instead... its easier to deal with.

farmboy said:

Hey I'm not even married and I'm with ya all the way here farmboy. I respect your responsibility.

I just get that a lot on the boards. I guess some people just can't grasp the idea of saving up for something and trying to save a little money. My wife happens to do the bills, so, yeah, I have to ask her to make sure that we have enough money for the electricity, heat, telephone, groceries... Thanks to you and SSF for your help.

Superbeast said:

Yah, she makes more than me, and works so much that she doesn't have time to spend any money. The vice of owning your own business, I guess. So, I'll give her a little respect if you don't mind. I have no problem with discussing a purchase with her, if you don't mind.

So, anyway, when do you think there will be more size 32 or 34 in? And for that matter, do they run big or small?

SSF said:
2nd best bang for the buck. Truth is a few dollars cheapier then our shorts. They are made for us by Truth. I'd love to have Chris make us a run of custom shorts in the future.

www.SSFgear.com

chris? The sprawl dude? That'd be awesome!

SSF said:
I'd rather be honest then to have you pissed about finding the same thing cheapier. I guess I'm not the best businessman around.

www.SSFgear.com

Hey, it worked for the Macy's Santa (or the real Santa, if you prefer).

so it's almost the end of the month.. does that mean the new SSF shorts are about to be released?!

i'm eager to take a look at them!.. and possibly purchase one if i like them :icon_chee

Back