Squat Suit Question

Cratos

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a squat suit and I was wondering if anyone knows roughly how much I could expect to get out of a Metal Ace Pro Squater? (That's the suit I've narrowed it down to as of now.)

No briefs underneath, just the suit.

Thanks.

It varies a lot from person to person.

In what style do you squat now and what's your 1rm?

I squat RAW, feet a little wider than shoulder width. My current PR is 195 kg.

Out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to buy one? Will you compete?

Why not start with briefs first?

You said you squat raw - does that mean belt only?

Out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to buy one? Will you compete?

Why not start with briefs first?

You said you squat raw - does that mean belt only?

I may compete, yes. I would like to get some geared training under my belt first, though.

I would rather just start practicing in a suit.

Yes, currently belt only.

Cratos I'd find a real PLing site and ask your questions there.

Cratos I'd find a real PLing site and ask your questions there.

been there done that. go with single ply gear first, get used to it. then move on. If you dont, you will spend more money and time getting into competition shape. Get a cheap pair of briefs, brand doesnt matter, and a cheap poly single ply suit. trust me.

but of course you wont, and will do what you want....

but of course you wont, and will do what you want....

cartman.jpg

I don't know anything about that suit, all the guys I train with lift in the IPF like me so we only have single ply suits and no briefs. Most of the guys either use a Titan super centurion or an Inzer TRX, a few guys do use the metal suits, but in general metal seems to be more popular with the deadlift suits.

You can expect to get anywhere from 30kg to 80/100kg out of your equipment (suit + good/tight knee wraps)

I have no experience with multi-ply equipment, but can only assume it will be more difficult to master, I'd start with a single ply suit.

How much you get out of the suit really depends on how tight it is, your squat style and your overall technique in the suit.

I get about 40-50kg out of my suit + wraps... I think... I haven't gone for a raw max in a while though.... Also the lighter guys seem to get less out of them.

How much you get out of the suit really depends on how tight it is, your squat style and your overall technique in the suit.

What aspects of style help the suit to aid the lifter? I'm guessing a wide squat would get the most benefit?

Last edited:
What aspects of style help the suit to aid the lifter? I'm guessing a wide squat would get the most benefit?

Well, I squat with about a shoulder width stance, but different things work for different people, with stance width it's best to find a suit that will roughly suit the stance you already have (eg. regular stance or wide stance suits). I find my technique is different when I squat suited to when I squat raw, unfortunately it's hard to describe what I do as I've just change little things over a period of time, without really thinking about what I did, I just got better as I practiced.

Many people try to "bounce" or drop into the hole to try and get extra bounce out of their wraps, although this doesn't work for me, I can't stay tight enough, other people have said they get more out of equipment when they squat slow. So really all I can say is practice.

I find when I get in the suit and wraps, problems I have raw, like my knees coming in, are fine, but instead I have other problems, generally with stability. Main thing I can suggest is sit BACK into the suit and keep your chest up.

If any of this doesn't really make sense or I'm rambling it's because I'm about to go to sleep and I'm pretty tired, maybe I'll read over this later lol

Back