Sprawl GripFlex Issue

TrojanStealth

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the velcro on the GripFlex shorts? I've had mine for about 2 months, same time I've have my V-Flex's also. After normal wear, and following washing instructions, the Velcro on the GripFlex shorts is badly frayed and will soon not close at all. The V-Flex's, on the other hand, is 100% fine.

I've sent an email to Sprawl about this, and am awaiting a response. Anyone else have similar experience? Or did I get a defective product? I love them otherwise, though I figured/hoped they would last much longer considering the price.

Anyone have an issue with the velcro on the GripFlex shorts? I've had mine for about 2 months, same time I've have my V-Flex's also. After normal wear, and following washing instructions, the Velcro on the GripFlex shorts is badly frayed and will soon not close at all. The V-Flex's, on the other hand, is 100% fine.

I've sent an email to Sprawl about this, and am awaiting a response. Anyone else have similar experience? Or did I get a defective product? I love them otherwise, though I figured/hoped they would last much longer considering the price.

I just received my pair today. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks to see if I see a change. Sprawl is pretty good about taking care of problems, My advice is to call them instead of emailing. I was waiting on a pair of shorts once and sent multiple emails. I made one phone call and it was handled.

The only issue ive had so far with the Gripflex is that it sorta sticks to my car seat as I get out. (leather seats) However, I have never washed my gripflex's, after tonight I will though.

not with the velcro no, but I don't ever open/close them honestly.

~Foz

^ me either. The size 30 is perfect for keeping them closed and I cinch em down a bit. I have only ever had 1 problem with a pair of Sprawls ripping and they were replaced immediately.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sprawl responded saying that if I send digital photos, they will work with me to replace them. The response was quick, we will see what happens tomorrow when I send the photos. I'll keep you updated.

As a follow up to this, Sprawl did replace the shorts in a timely fashion. I had to call, and since they didn't have my size I was offered another color instead, but I got the shorts quickly and was extremely pleased with how it was handled. Just thought I would share.

As a follow up to this, Sprawl did replace the shorts in a timely fashion. I had to call, and since they didn't have my size I was offered another color instead, but I got the shorts quickly and was extremely pleased with how it was handled. Just thought I would share.

That is great to hear nice to know the really take care of people. I know when I need another pair of shorts the new sprawls will be them.

If you guys never need to open/close the velcro, didn't you order them a bit too big?

I know I'd have a hard time getting mine off without opening the velcro.

I ordered my exact waist size and I never have to open the velcro either. The elastic waistband has enough give to slip them on and off without trouble.

cool thread, i was just about to by a pair of their new range, now i think i might

i have noticed the velcro does seem to wear a bit fast and ive yet to even wash mine.

I'm looking to buy new shorts just for training and I just want to know which is better... v-flex or g-flex?

+1 Sprawl has THE best customer service/satisfaction in my experience with MMA companies.

I'm looking to buy new shorts just for training and I just want to know which is better... v-flex or g-flex?

v-flex !! i have 2 pairs black and white....

gflex has that silly rubber grip in between the legs... i think the g-flex material is lighter

Check around santos - if Sprawl has your size available they have some clearance prices on V-Flex models for $34.50 - which is a steal!

They also have several pairs of Gripflex for $42.50. Hopefully this clearance sale means new shorts are on the way.

Back