Sprawl GripFlex Issue

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by TrojanStealth, Apr 16, 2008.

1. TrojanStealth

TrojanStealth White Belt

Anyone have an issue with the velcro on the GripFlex shorts? I've had mine for about 2 months, same time I've have my V-Flex's also. After normal wear, and following washing instructions, the Velcro on the GripFlex shorts is badly frayed and will soon not close at all. The V-Flex's, on the other hand, is 100% fine.

I've sent an email to Sprawl about this, and am awaiting a response. Anyone else have similar experience? Or did I get a defective product? I love them otherwise, though I figured/hoped they would last much longer considering the price.

2. Terrazas

Terrazas Yellow Belt

I just received my pair today. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks to see if I see a change. Sprawl is pretty good about taking care of problems, My advice is to call them instead of emailing. I was waiting on a pair of shorts once and sent multiple emails. I made one phone call and it was handled.

3. StevieSparkZ

StevieSparkZ Green Belt

The only issue ive had so far with the Gripflex is that it sorta sticks to my car seat as I get out. (leather seats) However, I have never washed my gripflex's, after tonight I will though.

4. Fozzy1

Fozzy1 Guest

not with the velcro no, but I don't ever open/close them honestly.

~Foz

5. Bobby Jacobsen

Bobby Jacobsen Amateur Fighter

^ me either. The size 30 is perfect for keeping them closed and I cinch em down a bit. I have only ever had 1 problem with a pair of Sprawls ripping and they were replaced immediately.

6. TrojanStealth

TrojanStealth White Belt

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sprawl responded saying that if I send digital photos, they will work with me to replace them. The response was quick, we will see what happens tomorrow when I send the photos. I'll keep you updated.

7. TrojanStealth

TrojanStealth White Belt

As a follow up to this, Sprawl did replace the shorts in a timely fashion. I had to call, and since they didn't have my size I was offered another color instead, but I got the shorts quickly and was extremely pleased with how it was handled. Just thought I would share.

8. right hand lead

right hand lead Green Belt

yeah, i never open/close the velcro on mine either

9. Vector_X

Vector_X Brown Belt

That is great to hear nice to know the really take care of people. I know when I need another pair of shorts the new sprawls will be them.

10. Mumrik

Mumrik Silver Belt

If you guys never need to open/close the velcro, didn't you order them a bit too big?

I know I'd have a hard time getting mine off without opening the velcro.

11. crossdx

crossdx level 31

I ordered my exact waist size and I never have to open the velcro either. The elastic waistband has enough give to slip them on and off without trouble.

12. Haze UK

Haze UK Yellow Belt

cool thread, i was just about to by a pair of their new range, now i think i might

13. tim18t

tim18t Blue Belt

i have noticed the velcro does seem to wear a bit fast and ive yet to even wash mine.

14. -santos-

-santos- Guest

I'm looking to buy new shorts just for training and I just want to know which is better... v-flex or g-flex?

15. ki76

ki76 White Belt

+1 Sprawl has THE best customer service/satisfaction in my experience with MMA companies.

16. stu3ufc**

stu3ufc** Yoshihiro Akiyama

v-flex !! i have 2 pairs black and white....

gflex has that silly rubber grip in between the legs... i think the g-flex material is lighter

17. tiger.shark

tiger.shark To the sharks!

Check around santos - if Sprawl has your size available they have some clearance prices on V-Flex models for $34.50 - which is a steal!

18. Bobby Jacobsen

Bobby Jacobsen Amateur Fighter

They also have several pairs of Gripflex for $42.50. Hopefully this clearance sale means new shorts are on the way.