Social SPLC: Number Of Active Hate Groups In US Soared To ‘Record High’ In 2018

That's not the discussion
It is the point I was making with @hillelslovak87 . Which is why my post was directed at him and not at you.

He said that he didn't call them equivalent. My response, to him, is that an equivalency argument between the practitioners of Islam and Christianity could be made under regional terms and that it's an often overlooked component of the discussion. I didn't respond to any points that you made in your discussion, I started a different discussion without you.

Last edited:
I'm not the one that didn't understand the discussion
I understood the discussion just fine. I disagreed with the point being made.

You constantly struggle with this very simple concept. One can understand a discussion and disagree with specific points within the discussion. There is nothing that requires a post to agree or disagree with an entire discussion, especially when someone wasn't part of it.

Johnny and Mike are having a discussion. Mike says something that Tony disagrees with. Tony can bring up that issue without having to take part in the entirety of Johnny and Mike's discussion. Tony does not have to agree with Johnny to disagree with Mike. He does not have to disagree with Mike to disagree with an element of Mike's argument. Tony can raise and discuss a single element of their larger conversation without being required to take sides in that conversation.

If Johnny and Mike don't want to talk to Tony...they can ignore him.

@hillelslovak87 . Which is why my post was directed at him and not at you.

He said that he didn't call them equivalent. My response, to him, is that an equivalency argument between the practitioners of Islam and Christianity under regional terms and that it's an often overlooked component of the discussion. I didn't respond to any points that you made in your discussion, I started a different discussion without you.[/QUOTE]

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/lgbti-rights-around-the-world-in-2018/

Not comparable in the least

I did, after I typed them, man. Neither contained an equivalence in scale.

You compared his religion to Islam

Good to know you were just speaking of ancient history. But if we are judging current groups by past misdeeds. Well, us atheists have alot to answer for also

If you force people to choose between the white nationalists or antifa, don't bitch about the outcome. You drew the line in the sand, so deal with it.
Lol so you side with the kkk, got it.

fuck sake conservatives are stupid.

@hillelslovak87 . Which is why my post was directed at him and not at you.

He said that he didn't call them equivalent. My response, to him, is that an equivalency argument between the practitioners of Islam and Christianity under regional terms and that it's an often overlooked component of the discussion. I didn't respond to any points that you made in your discussion, I started a different discussion without you.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/lgbti-rights-around-the-world-in-2018/

Not comparable in the least

Well, at least you've stopped claiming it wasn't the discussion I was having with him.

As for your post, it has nothing to do with my point because it simply fails a very basic element.

My point to him was this: If you compare the 2 religions in the same region of the world, you will find significant overlap in how they treat these things. What tends to happen in the WR instead is that people will use Islam from one part of the world and compare it to Christianity in the U.S.

Your link doesn't compare the 2 religions within the same region of the world. So Christianity and Islam within Indonesia. Or Christianity and Islam within Western Europe. It only compares LGBTQ rights across regions, not comparing religions on LGBTQ rights across regions.

That is an important detail to what I was saying. In fact, it is the entire central theme. If you can't address that then you're not actually addressing what I was saying.

You compared his religion to Islam

Good to know you were just speaking of ancient history. But if we are judging current groups by past misdeeds. Well, us atheists have alot to answer for also

I was not just speaking of ancient history alone, especially so, considering Islam did not exist within the ancient period. The Russian Orthodox Church in the last century, for example, inspired an absurd amount of hatred towards Jews across Europe based upon Christian scholarship, and the old tried and true methods of blood libel and other such nonsense.

I fail to see how a lack of belief in supernatural Gods can possibly be responsible for atrocities.

Well, at least you've stopped claiming it wasn't the discussion I was having with him.

As for your post, it has nothing to do with my point because it simply fails a very basic element.

My point to him was this: If you compare the 2 religions in the same region of the world, you will find significant overlap in how they treat these things. What tends to happen in the WR instead is that people will use Islam from one part of the world and compare it to Christianity in the U.S.

Your link doesn't compare the 2 religions within the same region of the world. So Christianity and Islam within Indonesia. Or Christianity and Islam within Western Europe. It only compares LGBTQ rights across regions, not comparing religions on LGBTQ rights across regions.

That is an important detail to what I was saying. In fact, it is the entire central theme. If you can't address that then you're not actually addressing what I was saying.

Uhhhhhhh. The most progressive countries even in the same region are NON Muslim.

I was not just speaking of ancient history alone, especially so, considering Islam did not exist within the ancient period. The Russian Orthodox Church in the last century, for example, inspired an absurd amount of hatred towards Jews across Europe based upon Christian scholarship, and the old tried and true methods of blood libel and other such nonsense.

I fail to see how a lack of belief in supernatural Gods can possibly be responsible for atrocities.

Oh Lord. Ancient History was not literal

Wait? Are you saying there have been no atrocities from atheist regimes?

Uhhhhhhh. The most progressive countries even in the same region are NON Muslim.
Again - not the point I made.

The point I made is that people do not compare the 2 religions within the same region of the world. I was not comparing regions against other regions. I was not asking what is the predominant religion in X region. I was comparing religions within the same region. What do Christians in X region do compared to what Muslims in the same region do.

Do you see the difference?

Take a country like Pakistan - how do Muslims and Christians within Pakistan approach women's right and/or LGBTQ rights. Take a country like Canada - same question. Take a country like Chad - same question. Mexico? UAE? Within those countries how different are Christians and Muslims from each other on issues like LGBTQ or women's rights.

Oh Lord. Ancient History was not literal

Wait? Are you saying there have been no atrocities from atheist regimes?

If you didn't mean literal ancient history, then don't write so poorly. I should not have to need to tell you this.

I have yet to see an "atheist regime"

Back