• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spinning side kick from a red belt

I guess christmas came early....

• Reverse side kick (반대 옆 차기 bandae yeop chagi): This kick is similar to the back kick, except the body turns further, allowing the heel to hit the target with the foot pointing to the side as in a regular side kick, instead of downward as in a true back kick.
Muahahahahahahaha

I guess christmas came early....

• Reverse side kick (반대 옆 차기 bandae yeop chagi): This kick is similar to the back kick, except the body turns further, allowing the heel to hit the target with the foot pointing to the side as in a regular side kick, instead of downward as in a true back kick.
Muahahahahahahaha
Hmmm? Are you aware you have missed THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION OF THAT KICK OTHER THAN THE FOOT POSITIONING of this irrelevant Kukkiwon crap!!!?

Hmmm? Are you aware you have missed THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION OF THAT KICK OTHER THAN THE FOOT POSITIONING of this irrelevant Kukkiwon crap!!!?

DID YOU MISS; INSTEAD OF DOWNWARDS LIKE A TRUE BACK KICK? Now do 50 push ups for me

Can we all just do 50 push ups so we can all get a long? I feel like we should do it all together as a community to make spacetime feel better

DID YOU MISS; INSTEAD OF DOWNWARDS LIKE A TRUE BACK KICK? Now do 50 push ups for me
Do you still think your crappy back kick was a spinning side kick, or are you just throwing feces around? According to your IRRELEVANT Kukkiwon copypasta you have not done a back kick. I don't give a flying frisbee about what kukkiwon has to say about technique, none of what they do is applicable in combat. Look at how people actually connect with a back kick in application and come back, show me instances where people hit a target with the toes pointing down.

90 minutes on your knuckles on a wooden floor covered in rough salt...

Can we all just do 50 push ups so we can all get a long? I feel like we should do it all together as a community to make spacetime feel better
Spacetime likes to be treated like spit. It is his thing.

Do you still think your crappy back kick was a spinning side kick, or are you just throwing feces around? According to your IRRELEVANT Kukkiwon copypasta you have not done a back kick. I don't give a flying frisbee about what kukkiwon has to say about technique, none of what they do is applicable in combat. Look at how people actually connect with a back kick in application and come back, show me instances where people hit a target with the toes pointing down.

90 minutes on your knuckles on a wooden floor covered in rough salt...

You're so full of shit. I connect with the heel to the side, dumbass. That's a (reverse) side kick.

Just curious, but does redbelt mean the same thing in every style? That doesn’t look like the sort of technique quality regardless of what it technically is or isn’t I’d expect from a redbelt in the styles and organizations I’m familiar with

Yeah, fuck what the actual federations of TaeKwonDo say:rolleyes: Just admit you were wrong.
Ugghhh, federation do not decide on correct technique. And yes, fuck them. Also, what the federation said does not contradict what I said. I am 101% right and you still cannot kick for shit.

Ugghhh, federation do not decide on correct technique. And yes, fuck them. Also, what the federation said does not contradict what I said. I am 101% right and you still cannot kick for shit.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Just curious, but does redbelt mean the same thing in every style? That doesn’t look like the sort of technique quality regardless of what it technically is or isn’t I’d expect from a redbelt in the styles and organizations I’m familiar with

I actually looked it up like 2 years ago and I thought it was the highest belt level in taekwondo. Unless spacetime trains a taekwondo style that red belt is somewhere below black belt.

I actually looked it up like 2 years ago and I thought it was the highest belt level in taekwondo. Unless spacetime trains a taekwondo style that red belt is somewhere below black belt.
TKD has a stupid number of belts...and the infographic im looking at says a black belt can be received in 3years? Omg wow...

Ugghhh, federation do not decide on correct technique. And yes, fuck them.

Then you've rendered this a quasi discussion. If there's no authority, then this discussion is meaningless. A spinning side kick is whatever you say it is.

Then you've rendered this a quasi discussion. If there's no authority, then this discussion is meaningless. A spinning side kick is whatever you say it is.
i mean if it's a mcdojo or an organization that promotes mcdojos then they're not really an authority on technique...at least not effective technique...

not really the kind of group i'd call an authority on effective techniques for fighting or fight sport...unless that fight sport has a very limited rule set..

it's pretty simple, if your back is to your opponent, its a back kick. if the side of your body is facing the opponent, it's a side kick. if you add a spin to it, remains the same, just with a spin.

No. There are authorities and understanding other than federations. Teaching over 1000 people in the course of over 20 years, makes me an authority. Me being an authority does not mean anything I say is correct, it means I am in the position to discuss issues with other authorities on a intersubjective basis. I have given my objections to your definition of the technique, since the core fundamental naming of taekwondo linear techniques is quite consistent - direction outwards from the body. Front kick - to the front, Side kick - to the side, Back Kick - well... back. Even if you would find an authority which would agree that a correct back kick technique would require the toes and the knee to point down on the contact (which would mean that the 'correct' technique would be completely impractical in combat), and the correct spinning side-kick technique would require the foot and knee facing outwards, under no circumstance, I repeat, NO CIRCUMSTANCES, will the said authority agree what you did there was a spinning side kick. Because it was not, it was a sloppy back kick. Your back is facing the target = back kick. There is no ifs or buts on this.

One thing you apparently don´t realize, is that not only am I vastly more knowledgable than you about kicking and combat sports in general (which is not difficult), I am also much smarter and better looking than you. I want you to think of that while you do your punishment crunches.

Last edited:
It is a belt you are supposed to get after 2,5-3 years of training. Nothing special.

Back