• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spinning side kick from a red belt

Faq ya blabbering about? The back kick is a back kick because you kick where you back faces. It is a technical specification of the back kick for the knee to face down when travelling because it has proven to be the most efficient way of throwing it. What does the dolryeo have to do with this? Dolryeo chagi just means turning kick.

It was an anology, nevermind. Are you seriously suggesting that this kick would be passable as a back kick, even though my leg formation at the moment of impact is CLEARLY a side kick?

It was an anology, nevermind. Are you seriously suggesting that this kick would be passable as a back kick, even though my leg formation at the moment of impact is CLEARLY a side kick?
The foot positioning at the impact does not define whether or not it is a side or a back kick. This is a typical ending of the back kick for most people, because of, as I said already, anatomic disposition. The positioning of the entire body and, secondly, the travel path of the knee identifies the kick as a side or a back kick. That there was a back kick.

That´ll be 50 jump squats, btw.

The foot positioning at the impact does not define whether or not it is a side or a back kick. This is a typical ending of the back kick for most people, because of, as I said already, anatomic disposition. The positioning of the entire body and, secondly, the travel path of the knee identifies the kick as a side or a back kick. That there was a back kick.

That´ll be 50 jump squats, btw.

Typical ending for most people, yet the picture illustration that I referenced to you clearly show a "donkey"configuration of the kicking leg which is completely different to mine

Typical ending for most people, yet the picture illustration that I referenced to you clearly show a "donkey"configuration of the kicking leg which is completely different to mine
Why TF would I care about some random illustration you found online? Which doesn´t even negate any of my points.

Why TF would I care about some random illustration you found online? Which doesn´t even negate any of my points.

Because it's the official WtF instructionals. I have yet to see any any back kick illustration that does not take the form of a so called donkey kick.

Because it's the official WtF instructionals. I have yet to see any any back kick illustration that does not take the form of a so called donkey kick.
Good lord, you´re a stupid muppet. WT does not produce official instructionals. It is just some random shit you have found on the net (likely from Kukkiwon). And I guarantee you that guys knee is facing outwards. Now go ahead and look for pics of a back kick connecting the target and look at how the foot is positioned. Then go ahead and find pics of a spinning side kick and compare these to your posture... Jeebuzz... -.-

@spacetime can you tell me if my spinning side kick is right, I haven't thrown one in a mad minute:

P.s I did not post this to brag lol, I'm pretty sure people can tell why I posted it lol.

Good lord, you´re a stupid muppet. WT does not produce official instructionals. It is just some random shit you have found on the net (likely from Kukkiwon). And I guarantee you that guys knee is facing outwards. Now go ahead and look for pics of a back kick connecting the target and look at how the foot is positioned. Then go ahead and find pics of a spinning side kick and compare these to your posture... Jeebuzz... -.-

I'm so disgusted by all of this. Have you no shame.

SPACETIME JUDGE MY SPINNING SIDE KICK YOU MUPPET!!

Sigh... Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. If you work on your balance and weight distribution it could probably be quite decent. What the fuck do I know.

Sigh... Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. If you work on your balance and weight distribution it could probably be quite decent. What the fuck do I know.

Lol it was meant to be a really terrible spin back kick, but I did it surprisingly right lol.

I'm so disgusted by all of this. Have you no shame.
I do, yet I use shame as a verb. I use it to shame you, because you should be ashamed... and disgusted.
shame-shame-19400915.png

I do, yet I use shame as a verb. I use it to shame you, because you should be ashamed... and disgusted.
shame-shame-19400915.png
I threw a spin back kick in the video and he didn't notice lol. Make him to the walk of shame.

Back