spartan health

joshdsbrgh

White Belt
Reaction score
hey, have any of you tried the spartan health regime and if so whats it like and what results did you get from it, would you recommed it

Oddly enough, I own the gold edition. I'm a sucker for infomercial shit. Here's what it boils down to:
Natural fats are good
eat eggs
eat things as raw as you can (get your steaks med-rare, eat fish raw when you can and when its safe, raw milk is infinitely superior to pasteurized milk, etc.)
don't eat sugar
eat organic food whenever possible
don't eat processed food (no processed oils, virtually nothing that comes packaged or that has a longer shelf life than you, etc.)
eat a lot of fruit

as for the workout:
dips, overhead presses, and stiff legged deadlifts. and pullups i think. low rep, low set, high weight. that's it.

What did I get from it? well, to be honest it's a lot of common sense. I cut back on my sugars a lot, eat tons more fruits and vegetables, and feel a little better for it. But his claims are far beyond the benefits you'll get. I ditched the strength routine. It's not really bad, per se, but you'd be better off reading the stickies. I was glad to see some quality exercises in it and good paradigms presented (low rep, compound movements... and no curls) but again, it's not going to turn you into a spartan badass. consult the stickies.

it's good information, and it seems novel when you're reading it, but reflecting back I have realized it's pretty much all common sense. Eat more fruit, don't overcook your meat, eat a minimal amound of processed foods and lift heavy. good info, not worth 100-200 dollars.

Back