Sparring with coach

TheBruteFist

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thing is, I am usually aggressive in my style, with people, on mitts, on bag, but when It comes to sparring with coach..I just don't give it my all, too much respect? I don't know, I am 100% sure he wont feel a thing but I still pull back punches and just stand there. He is 202cm *no joke :( * about 105 kg i think, and he was a national champ for 4 years i think, he isn't too old too, about 29 years old. So, i dont know, is it an age thing? or just afraid of punching a tank? I don't know, so guys, what do you suggest? What do you do with your coaches?

its cause your scarred of him knocking your block off

try to land those tyson hooks at 50% power instead

just practice accuracy, unless you want to up the intensity lol

Well, I dont curl up and end up in the corners either, but the guy is freakin strong, he literally breaks my peekaboo guard and smashes my freakin face. Sometimes he goes easy on me, which is pretty good, sometimes he say "Put your headgear on", I know I'm dead. but in both cases, idk, Yeah i think i am afraid of being countered, I fight basically on instinct, and with him, my instinct tells me not to rush hooks.

yeah it happens to all of us, your afraid of being in the pocket with him

Unless theres footage or sumthing, my advice would be prepare mentally to get hit alot, and try to setup those hooks, from a jab or sliP for example

what style is he?? Like yours or more counter puncher??? Is he taller than you?? Those are all variables that come into play for your strategy against him

yeah it happens to all of us, your afraid of being in the pocket with him

Unless theres footage or sumthing, my advice would be prepare mentally to get hit alot, and try to setup those hooks, from a jab or sliP for example

what style is he?? Like yours or more counter puncher??? Is he taller than you?? Those are all variables that come into play for your strategy against him

is he taller than me?! his 202cm man! 2 meters!! ah yeah, his low guard style , more of a rjj style of boxing, i manage to get inside ALOT, i never back up, i get hit alot, mentally ready for that, but once i decide to hit, the hooks are like 1% of normal speed, I face no problems in bodyshots tho *which are about my shoulder height*....I also face problems against his reach. infact his reach is long for his height...about 212 or something i think? damn huh

is he taller than me?! his 202cm man! 2 meters!! ah yeah, his low guard style , more of a rjj style of boxing, i manage to get inside ALOT, i never back up, i get hit alot, mentally ready for that, but once i decide to hit, the hooks are like 1% of normal speed, I face no problems in bodyshots tho *which are about my shoulder height*....I
also face problems against his reach. infact his reach is long for
his height...about 212 or something
i think? damn huh

Lol missed the part where he was 202 cm.... anyways you want to stand just outside his reach, like how martinez did against paul williams, another tall mofo... Then if he jabs you slip it and go in... If his head is too far or moving, bodyshots are ur friend, force him inside and be Digger A

also focus first on speed and accuracy, power will come later

I don't have any feeling for my "instructor", so i don't afraid to follow through with my punches to the maximum power allowed in the session.

You should only hit as hard as you want to be hit yourself. That goes for anyone standing in front of you and your level and above. If it's someone lower skilled you hit them as hard as you need to in order to help them progress. That is...unless they're trying to take your head off to prove something, then you hit them as hard as they're trying to hit you.

You should only hit as hard as you want to be hit yourself. That goes for anyone standing in front of you and your level and above. If it's someone lower skilled you hit them as hard as you need to in order to help them progress. That is...unless they're trying to take your head off to prove something, then you hit them as hard as they're trying to hit you.

Well said. That really changed some of my mentality about fighting. I can't go raging on people unless I'm ready to be raged on or get countered mentally. Here is a cookie! *Throws a cookie at SAAMAG*

It better not be a fucking fortune cookie.

Delicious_cookie!.jpg

Just be glad you won't have to spar my most recent Coach. It's a pain in the ass to deal with this shit:

Edit: And yes he IS saying "you're late" and "too late" every time the guy misses.

It must be hard too keep your cool and keep sparring a learning environment.
And I tough I had it hard when Kambalay Peter Sisomphou screamed out of his lungs when I didn't kick him as hard as I could or when Say Moinsourath pushkick my hip/legs to make me fall if I ever had sloppy composure.

Last edited:
Just be glad you won't have to spar my most recent Coach. It's a pain in the ass to deal with this shit:

Edit: And yes he IS saying "you're late" and "too late" every time the guy misses.

ouf. Why do coaches these days like to fight like that! Hands down and stuff, my coach uses the same style just ...abit bigger in size. I most certainly do not care about sparring with the HW in our gym anymore, I just get some chills when I spar with my coach. Being hit by him gave me some confidence lol.

"you're late" and "too late" thats really annoying lol, if I was the other guy, I would rage more and more and more everytime he say that.

Goddamn !
Who's the huge guy ?

Back