Sparring with coach

ouf. Why do coaches these days like to fight like that! Hands down and stuff, my coach uses the same style just ...abit bigger in size. I most certainly do not care about sparring with the HW in our gym anymore, I just get some chills when I spar with my coach. Being hit by him gave me some confidence lol.

"you're late" and "too late" thats really annoying lol, if I was the other guy, I would rage more and more and more everytime he say that.

That's the thing, Sosa is only playing around. You rage on him you risk him REALLY hitting you, which is a terrible idea.

Goddamn !
Who's the huge guy ?

You dont know who Merqui Sosa is?

The last time I sparred my coach was years ago, before he blew his Achilles tendon.

Back then he damn near tore my nipple off with the sole of his shoe after grazing me with a turning side kick.

Fuck that hurt :icon_cry2

Last time I sparred with my coach he kicked me in the balls.

Suffice to say, I hate him.

K I googled him.
Nice names on his record.

He's really only 6'1 with a 74" reach ?
Looks like a condor in the ring !

How's learning like from him ?
Anything interesting he has to say about his time in the ring with GJ , RJJ or Nunn ?
Edit : he split decisioned JT ? Dayuum !

Btw does McCallum ever lace up anymore ?
What's that like ?

Last edited:
At first it would really be awkward hitting your coach if you are new to sparring with him. But once you get the hang of it, its just like you were sparring with anyone else on the gym.

K I googled him.
Nice names on his record.

He's really only 6'1 with a 74" reach ?
Looks like a condor in the ring !

How's learning like from him ?
Anything interesting he has to say about his time in the ring with GJ , RJJ or Nunn ?
Edit : he split decisioned JT ? Dayuum !

Btw does McCallum ever lace up anymore ?
What's that like ?

Merqui's actually 6'2" and 1/2. But yes, his reach is insane nonetheless. Learning from him is about as difficult at learning from Mike. Former athlete, lots of talent for the concepts of the Sport, wants everyone to just magically be as good as he was. But he's full of gems from the Cuban Amateur system because the Dominican Republic's system wasn't much different, and his original Coach learned directly from them.

He has lots of interesting things to say, basically they're all cowards. Typical former fighter shit-talk.

Mike gets the bug to train every now and again. And when he does it can be pretty amazing. I'd never seen anyone throw a 7-punch combination ALL to the body, beginning with the jab to the body before I watched him hit a heavy bag.

Back