Spain's King Juan Carlos I to abdicate

Many Spaniards, just like in the Brits, are very proud of their royalty and what it represents.

I will never understand that, for me Kings are a symbol of oppression, unless its a Norwegian king, who is just a privileged welfare receiver. :icon_chee

for many others, royalty is just a bunch of leeches put in power by those who overthrew the democratically elected republic by force and imprisoned, tortured and executed hundreds of thousands for their political believes.

for many others, royalty is just a bunch of leeches put in power by those who overthrew the democratically elected republic by force and imprisoned, tortured and executed hundreds of thousands for their political believes.

Same could be said about "democratically elected republicans" and those involved in revolutions

Fuck the King, long live the Queen.

200_s.gif

Pupi, I know he is a bourbon. I said that in a response to him giving Americans/Afircans money for his country's crimes.

He could push for dissolution of the monarchy, sell all of the monarchy's assets and donate the money or set up funds for African or American people whom his ancestors butchered.

Would be a start imo.

mj-laughing.gif

He basically single handedly prevented another Spanish Civil War following the death of Franco.

Came on TV and told the soldiers to just go back to the barracks.

And they did.

He basically single handedly prevented another Spanish Civil War following the death of Franco.

Came on TV and told the soldiers to just go back to the barracks.

And they did.

no. not even close. 1981 was a completely different scenario from 1936, both internally and internationally.

the organizers were a bunch of out of touch wackos, only one of all the military regions supported the coup(Milans del Bosch was an old school fascist that even fought for the nazis with the Blue Division in WWII) and good luck trying to find support for a fascist regime in EU/NATO and Warsaw Pact Europe. there was zero chance of the coup being succesful, let alone a civil war starting.

He could push for dissolution of the monarchy, sell all of the monarchy's assets and donate the money or set up funds for African or American people whom his ancestors butchered.

Would be a start imo.

You're serious, Clark? Can you see that far down from your high horse?

I mean I'm all for getting rid of monarchies, but you looking down on him as if doing what you said he should do is what any normal person would do is ridiculous. Yeah, I'm sure if you were born a king, the first thing you'd do is give it all away and give it all to the people who's distant relatives were killed by yours, all of which you had absolutely no control over. Hell, your great-great-great-great grandfather might have killed my great-great-great-great grandfather, you should give me all your money. If you start handing out reparations, then you'll never stop and everyone will have their hand out because everyone's ancestors have harmed someone else's at some point in time.

You're serious, Clark? Can you see that far down from your high horse?

I mean I'm all for getting rid of monarchies, but you looking down on him as if doing what you said he should do is what any normal person would do is ridiculous. Yeah, I'm sure if you were born a king, the first thing you'd do is give it all away and give it all to the people who's distant relatives were killed by yours, all of which you had absolutely no control over. Hell, your great-great-great-great grandfather might have killed my great-great-great-great grandfather, you should give me all your money. If you start handing out reparations, then you'll never stop and everyone will have their hand out because everyone's ancestors have harmed someone else's at some point in time.

I was born with zero inherited money and my family were piss poor you goofball. I'm not carrying the spoils of war of any of my potentially 'bad' ancestors and I would never want any blood money.

This asshole carries the wealth for which the monarchy butchered entire civilizations.

Think hard before you post asinine nonsense.

I was born with zero inherited money and my family were piss poor you goofball. I'm not carrying the spoils of war of any of my potentially 'bad' ancestors and I would never want any blood money.

This asshole carries the wealth for which the monarchy butchered entire civilizations.

Think hard before you post asinine nonsense.

So? You don't think the people who they butchered carried the blood money of people they conquered? Life's tough, get a helmet. Some guys are lucky, some aren't.

Back