Spain's King Juan Carlos I to abdicate

lapollarecords

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
64519-Tywin-the-king-is-tired-game-o-ubk6.jpeg

Madrid, Spain (CNN) -- After nearly 40 years on the throne, King Juan Carlos I of Spain will be stepping down, the country's prime minister said Monday.
Crown Prince Felipe, 46, will succeed his father, Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced in nationally televised address.
Rajoy did not offer a reason for the king's planned abdication. The king is expected to issue a statement later Monday.
Spaniards generally hold Juan Carlos, 76, in high regard for his service to the nation and his defense of democracy after the death of the dictator Francisco Franco in 1975.
But the king's popularity took a hit in 2012 over a controversial elephant-hunting trip to Africa while the nation was mired in a deep economic crisis.
The focus of his reign was to bring about reconciliation between Spaniards of different political persuasions, and from different regions.
Many consider the the king's finest hour to be his decisive stand to halt a right-wing military coup in 1981, when he went on televisionto say that the monarchy would not tolerate attempts to interrupt democracy by force.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/02/world/europe/spain-king-abdication/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

tumblr_m5x8k5c7dW1rnlu31.jpg

Last edited:
for those who don't know him, imagine a drunk whoremonger like Robert Baratheon, except being chosen as his successor by a fascist dictator instead of seizing the throne by force. he also hunted chained bears in his trips to Russia and "accidentally" shot his brother dead with no witnesses. best friends with scumbags like the Saudi Arabia king.

lol "kings" in 2014..

you wouldn't lol if his and his inbred retard family's luxury lifestyle was payed by your taxes

his career highlights:

one of his multiple falls
629110171.gif

hunting caged bears in Russia that had been given vodka with honey(I guess to make it a fair contest)
Ym05MGFXTnBZVEV1U2xCSF8zNjg5OV82MjU2XzE=_36911_6256_1.jpg

Borbones+Anuncio+disolucion.jpg

falls and injuries himself in Africa, and him hunting there for years with taxpayer's money is revealed
elefante-encima-rey.jpg

his daughter and son in law involved in ridiculous corruption scandal, trial so rigged even the prosecutor defends the king's daughter
inaki-urdangarin-y-la-infanta-cristina.jpg

Juan Carlos is a cocksucking bitch!

Am I fighter bashing?

he didn't fight anyone in his life, just shoot them from safe distance, so I guess you're not.

He did stop a coup. I think that says a lot more than anything else he has ever done.

But no, he is an asshole for liking to drink and hunt. So fuck him, right? Who needs freedom, when you can bash a public figure?

He did stop a coup. I think that says a lot more than anything else he has ever done.

But no, he is an asshole for liking to drink and hunt. So fuck him, right? Who needs freedom, when you can bash a public figure?

did he? nothing of what happened that day is clear. specially his implication. and the place coup plotters have been jailed was more hotel than prison, with stewards, good wine, seafood and shit.
http://www.lasexta.com/noticias/nac...domo-marisco-vinos-reserva_2014032000247.html

I cant hate on the old guy, its not his fault he was born a king.

But it is time for kings all over the world to disappear.

Yes the plotters were not punished. But they were stopped. One was the king's responsibly the other was not

the plotters were too moronic to have any real chance at being succesful. it has been discussed that the army high command(the king being commander in chief) was well aware of the intentions of a bunch of extreme right wing nuts wanting to go back to the good old days Francoism and simply used them to solidify the monarchy's image.
the people in power(monarchy, oligarchs, etc) didn't want that at all, because being part of the EU, NATO, etc is where the money is at, not being an isolated dictatorship.

the only thing he did was to publicly condemn the coup knowing the vast majority of the people and armed forces were against it.

I cant hate on the old guy, its not his fault he was born a king.

But it is time for kings all over the world to disappear.

He could push for dissolution of the monarchy, sell all of the monarchy's assets and donate the money or set up funds for African or American people whom his ancestors butchered.

Would be a start imo.

the plotters were too moronic to have any real chance at being succesful. it has been discussed that the army high command(the king being commander in chief) was well aware of the intentions of a bunch of extreme right wing nuts wanting to go back to the good old days Francoism and simply used them to solidify the monarchy's image.
the people in power(monarchy, oligarchs, etc) didn't want that at all, because being part of the EU, NATO, etc is where the money is at, not being an isolated dictatorship.

the only thing he did was to publicly condemn the coup knowing the vast majority of the people and armed forces were against it.

He did so after he ensured that the unti regiment's commanders were with him. He swayed the coup, which given the instability of Spain, had some success in working.

Yes he did condemn it, when the military was on his side. As he made sure of that.

He could push for dissolution of the monarchy, sell all of the monarchy's assets and donate the money or set up funds for African or American people whom his ancestors butchered.

Would be a start imo.

Didn't realize he was a Hapsburg?

Juan Carlos did a lot of good for Spain and I can say that I'm a fan, but who wouldn't be after the disastrous reign of Franco. His son Felipe will be a better king, imo. He has been trying to encourage better relations with the former Spanish colonies, which is good, imo. We also need young blood in order to modernize politics and Spanish society a bit. Abdication is a good step towards progress.

Didn't realize he was a Hapsburg?

He's a bourbon, so in other words he is related to the monarchs that ruled France since Hugh Capet in the early 8th century until the late 18th.

Would be a start imo.

Why would anyone do that? Royalty is a good source of income and press for the country and greatly helps to bring about unity and also to cement alliances with other countries. Constitutional monarchies are the most stable forms of government, it's best if it continued doing what it's doing. Many Spaniards, just like in the Brits, are very proud of their royalty and what it represents.

Why would anyone do that? Royalty is a good source of income and press for the country and greatly helps to bring about unity and also to cement alliances with other countries. Constitutional monarchies are the most stable forms of government, it's best if it continued doing what it's doing. Many Spaniards, just like in the Brits, are very proud of their royalty and what it represents.

Yeah well they're all lame ass geezers and morons, those people.

They must be very proud of their oppressive, murderous monarchy's roots and history.

Yeah well they're all lame ass geezers and morons, those people.

They must be very proud of their oppressive, murderous monarchy's roots and history.

Revolutions cause more bloodshed than monarchies ever do, especially when one takes into account the amount of constitutions and republics that have to be created, oftentimes more unsuccessful than the monarchs they themselves ousted. France and Spain come to mind with their 5 republics. Democracy is oh so successful lol.

This century alone is testament to the amount of totalitarian violence and oppression alternative forms of governance can create without a monarch on the throne. Stalin's Russia, Mao's China, Hitlers Germany, Franco's Spain, Mussolini's Italy, Perons Argentina, the list can go on and on.

Would be a start imo.

Well he is not responsible for his ancestors, no one is.

But yeah it would be nice if he could do something useful and helpful for people. I wouldn't liked to be viewed as an arrogant, useless asshole, but i wasn't raised as a king so my mentality is different, i am sure he got his own twisted view of reality.

Back