southwest cuisine

EleazarI**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
is best cuisine, discuss

in b4 eastcoasters and their chowders

Hell Yeah. Carne Adovada is better than Claim Chowder or those Big Ass Fake Burritos in Ca.

Fish doesn't not belong in a Taco.

Southern/soul food ftw. That's real American cuisine.

I was a bit upset when I went to New Orleans that it wasn't spicy enough.

I am, however, doing a Gumbo tomorrow.

Do you mean spicy hot, or just spicy in general? New Orleans has a reputation for being spicy hot, but I've always found it to be more flavorful than anything.

Gumbo is freaking great.

I disagree with that assessment. When it is done right it can be fantastic but it has been half-assed all around the country by chain restaurants to the point that its reputation has been besmirched.

Not hating. Enjoy those sw flavors. But I guess if I'm forced to choose I'd say Italian.

BTW I am not of Italian descent.

Also soul food is way overrated.

Hell Yeah. Carne Adovada is better than Claim Chowder or those Big Ass Fake Burritos in Ca.

Fish doesn't not belong in a Taco.

This x10. We don't do that shit in Texas.

Thought this was gonna be about food on southwest airlines...

Southwest cuisine is great for toilet paper sales.

Do you mean spicy hot, or just spicy in general? New Orleans has a reputation for being spicy hot, but I've always found it to be more flavorful than anything.

Gumbo is freaking great.

Yeah spicy hot, I'm used to Asian hot and I was expecting it to be sort of like that. I'm not complaining, there's enough complexity of flavour for it still to be lovely anyway.

Yeah I'm doing this one http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ked-sausage-gumbo-with-white-rice-recipe.html I'm going to bung some shrimp in too though.

mexican food + corn and black beans = southwest food.

i'd rather eat cajun or real mexican all day

I was a bit upset when I went to New Orleans that it wasn't spicy enough.

I am, however, doing a Gumbo tomorrow.

The best gumbo I've ever had I had in florida at an oyster bar. That shit blew my mind. Perfect amount of heat and full of flavor.

Yeah spicy hot, I'm used to Asian hot and I was expecting it to be sort of like that. I'm not complaining, there's enough complexity of flavour for it still to be lovely anyway.

Yeah I'm doing this one http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ked-sausage-gumbo-with-white-rice-recipe.html I'm going to bung some shrimp in too though.

Yeah, that Asian hot is something else. I can see why people like it, but if my mouth is burning, it's hard for me to enjoy the dish. Kimchee is about as hot I'll go, though I love that with noodles. Clears the sinuses right up.

And you are awesome for adding shrimp. No self respecting gumbo recipe should be without shrimp! And don't forget the bay leaves!

Edit: just looked at the recipe, and they've got it down pat.

Back