southpaws?

You're gonna straight left someone in the liver if they're in the orthodox stance? You must have 4 foot arms.

I didn't see anything he wrote about straight punches. I think, he meant, that you can generate more power to the liver if you're naturally a southpaw, but I'm not so sure.

Leading off with the right is too awkward for me but i could do it i guess

i never really look at peoples Style in MMA but in boxing its noteable

CC's a converted southpaw right?
i feel more comfortable starting southpaw because when i was in Judo the head instructor was southpaw and i had to randori(is that even the right term) with him most of the time so it was easier to switch southpaw for everybody then futilly try for a right handed grip
he was probably 50ish leaner then me but a silver medalist back in the day

CC's a converted southpaw right?
i feel more comfortable starting southpaw because when i was in Judo the head instructor was southpaw and i had to randori(is that even the right term) with him most of the time so it was easier to switch southpaw for everybody then futilly try for a right handed grip
he was probably 50ish leaner then me but a silver medalist back in the day

Don't know for certain, but I recall seeing a highlight that showed him shooting a rifle with his right hand, so I wouldn't be surprised.

nicee
personallly.
i go SP cuz i have close to equal power in both hands.
but my right hand makes for a pretty good hook.
and it jsut felt natural..
same for my kicks.

what about u?

Technically I come from a Jeet Kune Do background, so it's something I have trained. Plus I feel I have two power sides now with my right in front instead of just one.

in JKD i was taught to lead with whatever leg/arm i felt strongest with.. being a righty.. i lead with my right foot/hand this was so i could be faster and reach my target quicker. I like switch stance better tho, throws off your opponents timing and rhythm.

Who'd you learn JKD under? I trained under a student of Paul Vunak, and now I am training under a student from both Jerry Poteet and Dan Inosanto.

Back