southpaws?

CHOLERA

White Belt
Reaction score
i'm naturally a southpaw, and i was wondering which mixed martial artists, kickboxers and boxers are southpaws as well. i know anderson silva is a southpaw, and so is mirko cro cop, but they're the only ones i can think of at the moment.

Like, a lot of them? I personally like Pacquiao and Katsidis.

You're gonna straight left someone in the liver if they're in the orthodox stance? You must have 4 foot arms.

jens pulver, chris leben, diego sanchez, kid yamamoto, joachim hansen, spencer fisher,, to name a few haha...

im a righty lefty...
meaning im right handed but fight southpaw..

Likewise.

nicee
personallly.
i go SP cuz i have close to equal power in both hands.
but my right hand makes for a pretty good hook.
and it jsut felt natural..
same for my kicks.

what about u?

jens pulver, chris leben, diego sanchez, kid yamamoto, joachim hansen, spencer fisher,, to name a few haha...

im a righty lefty...

My best friend's dad(RIP) was a boxer in the marines and a southpaw that fought orthodox much of the time. He was a great outfighter from what his brothers told us as kids.

People who fight against their natural stance tend to rely on their front hand too much in my opinion!
Even the great Miguel Cotto to my left <<<<<< his right cross doesnt impress me when he throws it! He seems to do pretty well being 1 and 1/2 handed at 33-0ish.

But for the southpaw stance my favourite fighter has to be Pacquiao is probably overall best and I also like LeBanner in K-1 although he's naturally right handed.

Choose wisely though because footwork is the most important thing in fighting and its not so easy to re-learn the footwork for the other stance once you get used to the first one you try!

im a righty lefty...

sick, i didn't know pulver, kid, or hansen were lefty's. i wonder if pulver and kid being southpaws has to do with their wrestling backgrounds, anybody know?

A couple of the guys at my gym training in the southpaw postition because of their wrestling background. They shoot with their right leg forward so the boxing coach told them to train in the southpaw position.

Personally I fight in the southpaw stance because my left eye isn't as good as my right. The SP stance gives me better vision. Also I'm ambidextrous so fighting in the SP stance isn't awkward for me.

i know so many damn people in boxing that are southpaw but fight otho

in JKD i was taught to lead with whatever leg/arm i felt strongest with.. being a righty.. i lead with my right foot/hand this was so i could be faster and reach my target quicker. I like switch stance better tho, throws off your opponents timing and rhythm.

kid is southpaw because of his wrestling bg
if you notice he uses his right hook like he has 1 arm

pulver is a natural southpaw, his left straight is his bread and butter
his right is not too good

Back