Soukhamthath Responds To Accusations of Stupidity and Fixing

In defense of the rest of the Asian community...he's Laotian.

He knew he was getting lit up on the feet for most of the fight and defaulted to where he thought he'd have a better chance.

He calls it instincts, I'd call it desperation. In either scenario, it was pretty bad fight IQ. Unfortunate.

Luck had nothing to do with it.

He saw his opponent stand on 1 leg, and decided not to tee off or kick at it. Ok, if instinctively it didn't occur to him cause he's not smart... but then his corner was yelling at him repeatedly to back off and and let it up.

He strictly refused.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. With how little money is being paid upfront to fighters, that leaves plenty of budget for marketing, bribes, lining rich suit pockets etc...

Lets put the stupidity of him refusing to stand aside. Even when he had O'Malley on the ground, he wouldn't even throw any ground and pound. Dummy was still trying to pick his shots.

He's 12-6 overall now, made an all time dumb mistake. Hopefully he gets released so he can work on his mental game, maybe he'll make it back but he's really not that good of a fighter.

BTW...12-6 is the stuff legends are made of in WMMA..

Luck had nothing to do with it.

He saw his opponent stand on 1 leg, and decided not to tee off or kick at it. Ok, if instinctively it didn't occur to him cause he's not smart... but then his corner was yelling at him repeatedly to back off and and let it up.

He strictly refused.
Who said luck had to do with anything?

The reference to chance, was acknowledgement of the fact that Soukhamthath had more success when the fight was on the ground. Even on one leg, O'Malley managed to drop Soukhamthath with a spinning elbow, and he rocked/was lighting him up at any other time both feet were working. Soukhamthath's choice of TD demonstrated poor fight IQ (we're watching as a 3rd party, he's in the heat of the moment), but his actions and related reasoning reflected a man who wanted no part of O'Malley on the feet.

He's 12-6 overall now, made an all time dumb mistake. Hopefully he gets released so he can work on his mental game, maybe he'll make it back but he's really not that good of a fighter.

BTW...12-6 is the stuff legends are made of in WMMA..
12-6 and on the main card of a PPV. Which was not an all-time dumb mistake by the UFC, but an all-time questionable booking that leaves more questions than answers about the legitimacy of this fight.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. With how little money is being paid upfront to fighters, that leaves plenty of budget for marketing, bribes, lining rich suit pockets etc...

I'm sure they would risk a 4 billion dollar company to market o'malley

Maybe Soukhamthat is smarter than most of us give him credit for.

O' Malley is a 9-0 UFC prospect who fought on the main card. I don't remember the last time a 135lb prospect was given that spot. The UFC / Dana White must have been supporting him.

Therefore, if Soukhamthat purposely lost that fight, he kept the hype train on its rail track and made the UFC brass happy. They already rewarded him with a $50k fight of the night bonus. I have no doubt they will reward him by giving him more fights in the future.

That's one way of grasping at straws.

He was rocked silly and wasn't thinking straight, it makes sense. It's too bad he couldn't focus to listen to his corner but I have no idea what it's like to keep fighting for 10 minutes after being nearly ko'd.

Andre fought like a lion....i.e. when a lion sees a gazelle limping, it takes down the gazelle.
That makes sense. Maybe he was trying to eat Sean.

Aren't Asians the smartest people on Earth? LOL

As a representation of the Asian delegation, I'd like to announce that we've traded him for the Wu-Tang Clan along time ago.

Also, we have never claimed Black Chyna, please tell her to stop using "Chyna" she can't even spell it correctly.

Well I think instinct and fight IQ can be separate things. Not defending the guy, just saiyan.

fdfygy.jpg

Back