Soooooooo...these Eastern Europeans boys aren't playing. We (N and S Americans) may have messed up

riitzni

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I mean we were having a great time, having epic matches between Americans, Canadians, Brazilians, everywhere in between. Mexico was getting a little love, we had some rando Englishmen making waves, everything was peachy keen.

Bellator had to go and open up a Russian pipeline for talent and at first it was pretty slow, not paying much dividends. The most famous Russian never fought in the UFC and prefers to crush cans overseas to this day. Then we get Khabibi and there's a wave slowly cresting. The Dagestanis in particular are not fucking around. They currently have a terrifying Olympic champion.

I'm all for it, mind. I want the best in the world no matter where they're from. But I think Khabib is just the beginning. Us Americans might be watching a hostile takeover at work.

الحمد لله

0 are champions except khabib who beat an 11 ranked guy for it so I don't know where this eastern European dominance is.

Don't give a rats ass where fighters come from, tbh.

If they come to throw down in beast mode, I will support them.

tenor.gif

Ireland could yet win the war singlehandedly...

Hope I’m wrong. The sport needs Khabib to win.

"I want the best in the world no matter where they're from."
Then why this entire post? Who friggin cares? Brazil had all the best fighters/camps until the USADA came along and outside of that I haven't raised an eyebrow in a while.

0 are champions except khabib who beat an 11 ranked guy for it so I don't know where this eastern European dominance is.

Shh ts is one of those sherdoggers who have some homoerotic fixation on slavs. Let him do his thing.

I mean we were having a great time, having epic matches between Americans, Canadians, Brazilians, everywhere in between. Mexico was getting a little love, we had some rando Englishmen making waves, everything was peachy keen.

Bellator had to go and open up a Russian pipeline for talent and at first it was pretty slow, not paying much dividends. The most famous Russian never fought in the UFC and prefers to crush cans overseas to this day. Then we get Khabibi and there's a wave slowly cresting. The Dagestanis in particular are not fucking around. They currently have a terrifying Olympic champion.

I'm all for it, mind. I want the best in the world no matter where they're from. But I think Khabib is just the beginning. Us Americans might be watching a hostile takeover at work.

الحمد لله

We've been there and done that and it did not end well for them. The last time a unified USSR tried to take on our GOAT nation it resulted in their own collapse and the destruction of the Berlin Wall. Now they're fractured into a thousand little parts and we're more powerful than ever. It's a complete mismatch.

Don't give a rats ass where fighters come from, tbh.

If they come to throw down in beast mode, I will support them.

tenor.gif

What's wrong with race, nationality? I love that Khabib / Fedor are Russian, I love that Wandy / Silva are from Brasil. It adds so much flavor and fun to the combat sports. It's about history, genetics, evolution and culture and how they collde on the big stage. Wrestling over did it, but MMA has it just right.

Nationalism is stupid and only works against the working class.

Not eastern Europeans, more like just Dagestanis/Caucasians. All Dagestanis in the UFC combined have something crazy like 10 times more wins than losses in their UFC fights.

The moment the PFL brought over a couple of Dagestani fighters, they started dominating and sweeping all the other fighters. Once the UFC gets a bigger Dagestani wave, similar things will happen.

"I want the best in the world no matter where they're from."
Then why this entire post? Who friggin cares? Brazil had all the best fighters/camps until the USADA came along and outside of that I haven't raised an eyebrow in a while.

Because things are a-changing, not necessarily for the bad. But changing.

Shh ts is one of those sherdoggers who have some homoerotic fixation on slavs. Let him do his thing.

lol at 0 except for the LW champion, about to be in the biggest fight all year in the toughest division in MMA. You guys don't math very well. Never even said they were dominating everything but there's a noticeable uptick in talent that wasn't there even five years ago. As stated before idc where they come from but a part of the world with great grappling roots is slowly becoming a force. If they were Japanese it wouldn't matter.

Next show won't be telling at all, as most russians will receive favorable matchups.

Think of it as the typical Brazil show, the local talent gets showcase fights to keep the crowd happy, with the odd upset or actual decent fight thrown in.

There's a ton of russian talent and some of it will be shown next week, but can we stop acting like those guys will destroy any and every fighter in their division just because their name ends in 'ov'?

I love the new surge of these guys from Africa knocking fools out left and right. Finally to see some natural A level athletes in UFC. I'm not being sarcastic here.

We've been there and done that and it did not end well for them. The last time a unified USSR tried to take on our GOAT nation it resulted in their own collapse and the destruction of the Berlin Wall. Now they're fractured into a thousand little parts and we're more powerful than ever. It's a complete mismatch.

lol it didn't result in anything, they collapsed on their own because communism so quickly degenerates into a autocratic kleptocracy. The only thing they've got going for them is that their autocrat is a dangerous KGB agent with zero moral restraint and he helped elect the biggest idiot Americans could find with zero penis restraint.

Years ago on my old account I made a prediction that there would be a wave of Russian fighters after I did wrestling for three months. What I didn't predict is Australia having our first Champion! Watch out America and Russia, a dingo is about to eat your baby!

lol it didn't result in anything, they collapsed on their own because communism so quickly degenerates into a autocratic kleptocracy. The only thing they've got going for them is that their autocrat is a dangerous KGB agent with zero moral restraint and he helped elect the biggest idiot Americans could find with zero penis restraint.

You can spin this however you want, we won, USSR collapsed. They couldn't even take on the GOAT nation as a united front in their prime you think they stand a chance today as fragmented bits? LOL. Russian vs. US fighters will look like ACB vs. UFC. It's pure spite mismatch.

Back