Something very serious about the integrity of the sport just occurred to me...

paddy_da_pikey

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Iv been watching the sport a long time almost 20 years and followed all the naratives over the years

In early 2000's I remember an interview with Dana White stating he managed Chuck and Tito but when he got his ownership state HE HAD TO RELINQUISH HIS MANAGEMENT OF THE FIGHTERS AS YOU CANNOT BOTH OWN THE PROMOTION AND MANAGE THE FIGHTERS WITHIN IT!

This makes perfect sense....

So HOW THE FUCK is there no major kick up from him or journalists anywhere else that Ronda is both managed and promoted by the exact same agency when were already seeing concessions made for her over and above other fighters with media etc - these are just the concessions in the public domain - what other concessions are being made for her behind the scenes we dont know about??

Id like to hear someone like Luke Thomas delve into this more as this is a very dangerous prescedent for the sport right now

timthumb.php

I watched UFC 1 live bro

Interesting point, but there is no integrity in mma.

You could have stopped at "dana white"

integrity of the sport as in the sport of mma should be ashamed of itself?

Hmm Interesting point

Dana/The UFC cares very little about what the hardcore fans think.
We are likely the only ones that would remember something as obscure as what he said in the early 2000s. I am really hoping the UFC fizzles out in the near future, as it has become less about fighting and more about how much the people at the top make - most of whom are not fighters.

That's why it is called sports entertainment, not sports.

Oh yes,its a huge conflict of interest but Ronda isnt the only one,but shes the only one you mention for some odd reason

Why are media obligations so important to you guys?

It's pointless questions from fat nerd journalists who have never fought a round in their life.

the UFC is not a legitimate entity. It's too bad we don't really have anything else.

I remember some cuck was like "yes my question is,uhh,well i dont like ronda,you know shes a bad person"

"..do you have a question?"

This wasnt even a fan,it was a "journalist"

which is pretty much the same thing in mma.

I wouldnt wanna talk to them either if thats the game.

That issue was brought up a while ago on the MMA Beat - which I'm sure is how I first found out she was managed by the agency/company (whatever the fuck it is) They didn't really go in depth about it as they didn't know what was going to happen, but 'conflict of interest' was used and 'we'll cross that bridge when we get to it' also popped up.

Maybe she has taken a 'sabbatical' from being represented by them. It's hard to ask someone that question when there's a media blackout around the new owners and Rousey, but like in the case of Ali Abdelaziz in WSOF, where he was the matchmaker and manager of fighters in the organisation, I'm sure the UFC know there is a conflict of interest at play.

But there hasn't being a situation like this so maybe the NAC are scrambling around to write up new laws or the UFC went to them to clarify the situation and it got sorted - just that nothing was released in public. Fuck knows.

she isnt the only one

news at 11

Back