Something very serious about the integrity of the sport just occurred to me...

Definitely if WME still manage her and other fighters as well as the UFC then there seems to be a conflict of interest. I read as part of the MMAAA press releases that TJ Dillashaw is one of the guys concerned by it too.

Think the same thing happened recently with Ali in WSOF and he had to step down or something.

Why are media obligations so important to you guys?

It's pointless questions from fat nerd journalists who have never fought a round in their life.

In fairness to Rousey, she done a shit load of media and traveling before that Holm fight and even prior to that - so I'm on the same page as you in terms of her not doing any media.

One reason why I think Dana calls her the best athlete he's ever worked with, is because he snaps his fingers and she does shite mid-day TV shows in the States, to probably doing every interview request in the build up to her past fights.

Interesting point, but there is no integrity in mma.
this.
MMA is a business and all the SherMBAs constantly remind me of why I should be more interested in matches that pander for money rather than match ups based on merit, fighting record and past fight performance.

Iv been watching the sport a long time almost 20 years and followed all the naratives over the years

In early 2000's I remember an interview with Dana White stating he managed Chuck and Tito but when he got his ownership state HE HAD TO RELINQUISH HIS MANAGEMENT OF THE FIGHTERS AS YOU CANNOT BOTH OWN THE PROMOTION AND MANAGE THE FIGHTERS WITHIN IT!

This makes perfect sense....

So HOW THE FUCK is there no major kick up from him or journalists anywhere else that Ronda is both managed and promoted by the exact same agency when were already seeing concessions made for her over and above other fighters with media etc - these are just the concessions in the public domain - what other concessions are being made for her behind the scenes we dont know about??

Id like to hear someone like Luke Thomas delve into this more as this is a very dangerous prescedent for the sport right now
MMA should and hopefully will be more regulated as a sport. there is USADA then maybe for fair competition and labor practices.

the UFC is not a legitimate entity. It's too bad we don't really have anything else.

tito-ortiz-chael-sonnen-juicy-juice-boy.jpg

Send your inquiry to Holy Luke, he will be happy to put X-mas and New Year's eve on ice to write a 200 page essay on it...

she isnt the only one

news at 11

There's other fighters represented by the new owners?

Think the folk saying she's only getting a title shot because she is on their books are kidding themselves.

No sporting organization has integrity. See MLB, NBA, NFL, FIFA, etc.

There's other fighters represented by the new owners?

Think the folk saying she's only getting a title shot because she is on their books are kidding themselves.
there was another thread listing them i believe,ill try to find it

there was another thread listing them i believe,ill try to find it

Ah, that's cool, man. I'd imagine it's some of the fighters who did movies.

Integrity of sport ceased to exist as soon as money was involved.

However you have 'real sports' and then you have the UFC. The UFC doesn't even pretend to have integrity.

I love MMA but you just have to enjoy the fights, you can't care too much about 'the sport' because it isn't one, not under the UFC banner anyway.

Back