• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Some setups for the stiff jab?

Replay19

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I like doing the stiff jab, but what are some good ways of setting it up? Usually there's a good chance it'll land since it is straight to the opponent especially with the lead arm (half the distance vs the rear straight) but I lack variety in knowing ways to set it up.

The only way I know of is to wait for the opponent to step within your range and launch off with the stiff jab, but are there other ways besides that? Like feints, low kicks to stiff jab, or anything?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

You want to land that jab consistently? Feint. A lot. Use a variety of feints as well.

watch how bob foster angles his body so it looks like he is going to jab the body and then he brings the jab up from where the opponent cant see it. ive had great success with this simple technique.

watch how bob foster angles his body so it looks like he is going to jab the body and then he brings the jab up from where the opponent cant see it. ive had great success with this simple technique.

Great example. It's one of the best ways to keep your jab landing, vary the attack low to high and high to low. Body jabs don't get used often enough. It's no coincidence that the greatest boxer of modern times is one of the best at this technique.

Light jabs set up hard jabs, low jabs set up high jabs.

Back