Some People Aren't Giving Lombard Enough Credit

snaportap21

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love how when Alan Belcher beats Rousimar Palhares, its a great victory and he's now officially top ten (no disrespect to Belcher I'm a huge fan). Yet when Lombard does it all of a sudden he's just a can crusher. The way Lombard did it is impressive too because Dan Henderson couldn't knock Palhares down and then finish him. I think sherdog needs to quit with the double standards.

Because everyone knows Palhares has zero striking... so he was never going to go anywhere. It was still a good win though.

Belcher was much more impressive because he sat inside Palhares game and it did nothing to him.

Lombard knocking him out is not as impressive. No one has actually told Palhares that MMA involves standup.....he hasn't a clue.

Palhares wants inactivity hoping that the ref puts them on the ground.

TS, although some people do not give Hector enough credit, there are people like me who have been praising his victory with just as much decency as when Alan Belcher won. Everyone sets a different standard on fighters, and yes biases come into play, but in general, there are so many people on Sherdog, and by law of average, there will be those who believe that Hector is not up to their standard.

The way Lombard did it is impressive too because Dan Henderson couldn't knock Palhares down and then finish him.

Off topic but I hate how everyone assumes its some amazing feat to not get finished by Hendo. The guy was called Decision Dan at one point.

Belcher had 4 straight wins. Hector has 1.

Last edited:
Fighting where an opponent is weak should not make wins any less impressive

Belcher was much more impressive because he sat inside Palhares game and it did nothing to him.

Lombard knocking him out is not as impressive. No one has actually told Palhares that MMA involves standup.....he hasn't a clue.

Lombard not getting nearly subbed is more impressive.

Belcher won 4 straight after Paul Harris. Hector won 1.

Okay but let's be real Lombard should've won against Tim Boetsch (although no one really won in that fight) and Lombard then would've had an extremely long win streak. And also the competition between Belcher and Lombard were not that much different seeing as all three fighters before "Paul Harris" were released from the UFC (but Cote is back now).

Palhares is a excellent win. Hector Lombard did great.

OR...Lombard was more impressive cause he never put himself in Palhares game. People should realize that it's MORE impressive avoiding an opponent's strength versus I escaped after getting myself caught in their strength.

Pretty simple...

When Belcher/Palharas fought they was both on 3 fight win streaks
When Lombard/Palharas fought they was both coming off a lose, therefore the win was not as value.

OR...Lombard was more impressive cause he never put himself in Palhares game. People should realize that it's MORE impressive avoiding an opponent's strength versus I escaped after getting myself caught in their strength.

OR...You're both wrong, Lombard was in Palharas' guard for atleast 30-40 seconds

Off topic but I hate how everyone assumes its some amazing feat to not get finished by Hendo. The guy was called Decision Dan at one point.

Look at his record, there's no streak of decisions that would warrant a nickname like that. They called him that because of controversial decisions, not his lack of finishes

you can credit that to shertards nut-hugging guys like silva, bisping, and other supposed top mw's. you can't give credit to lombard without taking credit away from them i guess :icon_conf

It depends on how much credit do you expect us to give him?
He got beat up in his debut fight by the barbarian, think about it.

Lombard had a huge streak dude. The Boetsch fight was BS.. he was sick there anyway.

But he lost that fight. He is 1-1 in the UFC, while Belcher is a on 4 fight win streak. It's easy to see why they're not in comparable positions right now.

Unless we use shoulds and woulds.

Back