Some People Aren't Giving Lombard Enough Credit

Lombard did good. Just cause RP doesn't have good stand up doesn't mean shit. He is dangerous. Its a fight.

It depends on how much credit do you expect us to give him?
He got beat up in his debut fight by the barbarian, think about it.

Beat up by the barbarian? No. Lost a decision? Yes. He lost a close decision in a fight where both men were fairly cautious and neither did much damage.

Pretty simple...

When Belcher/Palharas fought they was both on 3 fight win streaks
When Lombard/Palharas fought they was both coming off a lose, therefore the win was not as value.

OR...You're both wrong, Lombard was in Palharas' guard for atleast 30-40 seconds

Being in Palhares's guard isn't being in his strength. Being caught in one of his leglocks is, which Belcher was. I don't consider being held down hoping to stall a dangerous strength of Palhares.

Being in Palhares's guard isn't being in his strength. Being caught in one of his leglocks is, which Belcher was. I don't consider being held down hoping to stall a dangerous strength of Palhares.

You should probably learn something about Jiu Jitsu before you reply.

I love how when Alan Belcher beats Rousimar Palhares, its a great victory and he's now officially top ten (no disrespect to Belcher I'm a huge fan). Yet when Lombard does it all of a sudden he's just a can crusher. The way Lombard did it is impressive too because Dan Henderson couldn't knock Palhares down and then finish him. I think sherdog needs to quit with the double standards.

The issue is how both fights went.
Belcher fought Toquinho on the ground and was not submitted.
Lombard is a striker who punched a non-striker.
There's a difference to that.

With that said, I do think Lombard is a great fighter that deserves more respect. but he will get it probably once he fights top 5 guys and wins convincingly.

Thats the way the fight game is and always has been. If Mayweather fought Pac now and KO'd him it would not be as impressive if he had done it before the Marquez fight.

This is the way fight is and always has been why is anyone surprised by this. When Machida beat Randy it is not as impressive as it would had been if he had done it right after Randy won the belt from Tim. I could go on and on with examples but I think you get the point.

Paul Harris was on a three fight win streak he was coming off a TKO loss against Hector.

Beat up by the barbarian? No. Lost a decision? Yes. He lost a close decision in a fight where both men were fairly cautious and neither did much damage.

Have to agree don't care who won that fight cause it was shit and they both deserved to lose but anyone thinking either fighter got "beat up" is delusional.

That was written poorly. Belcher had 4 straights wins at that point.

The wording was fine.

Before Palhares he had three, after, he had four.

Anyone taking a millisecond to think about it would have understood immediately.

I think it is ridiculous how much Lombard fans all dismiss the Boetsch fight. They say that he won the fight or he was sick so it doesn't count or that nobody won that fight. The point is Lombard DID lose and he isn't on any sort of streak. He smashed a bunch of nobodies in Bellator and then was afraid to let the leather loose against an actual opponent in the UFC so he lost. He was probably one of my most anticipated signings by the UFC but his first fight seriously sucked so until I see him strike against a striker, I'm pretty indifferent on the guy.

He is a great fighter and will get more respect when he strings a couple more wins together.

Palhares just isn't that good. Everyone fell in love with his physique and "tap or snap" mentality when leglocking inferior competition. Everytime he's taken a step up in competition, he's folded.

I love how when Alan Belcher beats Rousimar Palhares, its a great victory and he's now officially top ten (no disrespect to Belcher I'm a huge fan). Yet when Lombard does it all of a sudden he's just a can crusher. The way Lombard did it is impressive too because Dan Henderson couldn't knock Palhares down and then finish him. I think sherdog needs to quit with the double standards.

Fighting is as much mental as it is physical. Once Belcher defeated Palhares, the next guy to do it wouldn't be as impressive (I was impressed with Lombard though). Sort of like the Tyson mystique....once the curtain is pulled back, you always knew it was just a man:)

Back