Some of the same folks who says Jon won with walking forward

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
Also said aldo lost doing the same.

My point is forward aggression doesn't mean much of anything if your getting out struck. Which is what happened in rnds 1-3.

If Aldo gets a title shot then Reyes deserves a rematch.

Jones outstruck Reyes in round 2 that's what edged him the win.

Also said aldo lost doing the same.

My point is forward aggression doesn't mean much of anything if your getting out struck. Which is what happened in rnds 1-3.

If Aldo gets a title shot then Reyes deserves a rematch.
Provide one example of someone that said both

Completely disagree. The harder shots were landed by reyes who also had the volume.

Sit down and shut up.

EQURqKWXUAAoQTh

I just watched the fight for the first time. Rounds 1 to 3 I gave to Reyes. Rounds 4 and 5 Jones. Fun fight to watch. Lots of action. I hate to use the old "To be the champ you have to beat the Champ" but sometimes that really does apply. Also the UFC doesn't historical see Majority Draw decisions. Its a very rare outcome. There was no robbery like I keep reading over and over again this forum. Rematch warranted though. I think right now in the 205 division we have 3 really close fighters. Jones, Reyes, Santos. Would be fun to see these guys do a 3 fighter round robin style tournament over the course of a year.

I just watched the fight for the first time. Rounds 1 to 3 I gave to Reyes. Rounds 4 and 5 Jones. Fun fight to watch. Lots of action. I hate to use the old "To be the champ you have to beat the Champ" but sometimes that really does apply. Also the UFC doesn't historical see Majority Draw decisions. Its a very rare outcome. There was no robbery like I keep reading over and over again this forum. Rematch warranted though. I think right now in the 205 division we have 3 really close fighters. Jones, Reyes, Santos. Would be fun to see these guys do a 3 fighter round robin style tournament over the course of a year.
Here's the thing. Your generally correct about the beat the champ thing. But its rnd by rnd. So reyes did that for the 1st 3 rnds. The last 2 rnds should never dictate how the 1st 3 were scored.

So Reyes didn't have the gas for rnds 4 and 5. It doesn't mean the scores change for 1 2 and 3.

This is what saddens me when talking to mma fans. They seem to score pride rules which just isn't the system of today

Reyes should have saved energy for the later rounds. If he had eased off the gas a little in 1 and 2 he would have won it.

Reyes should have saved energy for the later rounds. If he had eased off the gas a little in 1 and 2 he would have won it.

This would be true if 3 wasn't a bigger number than 2.

Easy to say in hindsight. He was going for it and I commend him for that. Anthony Smith saved energy and did nothing with it. Almost content to have went the full five having done nothing.

Here's the thing. Your generally correct about the beat the champ thing. But its rnd by rnd. So reyes did that for the 1st 3 rnds. The last 2 rnds should never dictate how the 1st 3 were scored.

So Reyes didn't have the gas for rnds 4 and 5. It doesn't mean the scores change for 1 2 and 3.

This is what saddens me when talking to mma fans. They seem to score pride rules which just isn't the system of today
Well your not wrong there. I'm a little old school still. LOL. I was 16 when I watched UFC 1. Me and my friends didn't even know what we were watching back then. No weight class', hardly any rules.

I saw jones turn his back and run a few times. I thought Heyes might actually catch him and tko him. but then he got tired and Jones started wrastlin

was a better fight than I expected to be

I would be open to the rematch

Many already told you you're wrong but I also want you to know you're wrong.
Hey, you're wrong
22-33 Reyes

Back