Some consistency with all the stickies...

D

Deleted member 53

...each forum has a bunch of various stickies. Far too many in most situations.

I think a universal topic for rules/faq/what to post/where to post etc. should be made to encompass the entire forum. At the moment it's just messy.

Also, there seem to be a lot of random or outdated stickies all over the place.

Other than important announcements such as fund raising, charity events, condolences etc. I don't understand why they're necessary.

I've only recently come back to Sherdog forums due to how other forums have changed, for the worst. Above are just a few things I noticed that have put me off a little.

One more thing, I cannot make new topics in the Mayberry Lounge...am I missing something?

...each forum has a bunch of various stickies. Far too many in most situations.

I think a universal topic for rules/faq/what to post/where to post etc. should be made to encompass the entire forum. At the moment it's just messy.

Also, there seem to be a lot of random or outdated stickies all over the place.

Other than important announcements such as fund raising, charity events, condolences etc. I don't understand why they're necessary.

I've only recently come back to Sherdog forums due to how other forums have changed, for the worst. Above are just a few things I noticed that have put me off a little.

good observation. i think the reason for this is that each forum has different rules and aim for its topics.
i've i think all the universal faqs can be found in the customer service section, like belt color and cardable offenses. i hope this helps some, though i am no mod.

Thanks guys. Those stickies ... they seem like good ideas at the time they're put up but they do kinda get in the way.

The fellas will take your suggestions constructively.

A 2001 and 2002 poster are the first two in any thread on this forum in years .... gotta be some kinda record. Prolly based on most of the new guys fwappin or whatever they're doin, elsewhere.

I think each of the stickies could be placed into a master sticky - that has subtitles for various forums and sections. It would just take up a lot less space and make a whole lot more sense to have everything in the one across-the-board announcement.

I totally understand the UFC forum having its stickies with regard to each fight on the latest event. That makes sense when they are only temporary. I think the minor leagues could have similar stickies just for upcoming event discussion, rather than individual fights.

Perhaps have a HDNet FiGHTS sticky with upcoming event info, past even discussion and FAQs on getting the shows etc.

I think each of the stickies could be placed into a master sticky - that has subtitles for various forums and sections. It would just take up a lot less space and make a whole lot more sense to have everything in the one across-the-board announcement.

I totally understand the UFC forum having its stickies with regard to each fight on the latest event. That makes sense when they are only temporary. I think the minor leagues could have similar stickies just for upcoming event discussion, rather than individual fights.

Perhaps have a HDNet FiGHTS sticky with upcoming event info, past even discussion and FAQs on getting the shows etc.

HdNet pays for stickies I believe. Speaking of which, my Versus email campaign hasn't worked yet despite being stickied. Such a great card just 6 days away and Versus can't give us a gawddamn 3 hour slot, instead running a taped countdown show before, and a repeat of Tapout Season1 Recap after :mad::mad::mad:.
Also, this may fix your Mayberry thread problem: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f19/unable-start-threads-776431/#post22796585

Welcome back

The problem is the more streamlined we've tried to make certain stickies that are continual, the more they get ignored. We can delete out-dated stickies, and we should update ones that SHOULD be continual more diligently, but minimilazation just doesn't work on a board this size.

As long as my thread isn't cut, I fully support this cause.

Most people blatantly ignore the stickies anyway. Virtually every Machida topic conceivable was discussed in the stickied thread yet we are still left with dozens upon dozens of redundant threads.

It can be hard to navigate through the garbage to find something you're actually interested in. Maybe you guys should be less forgiving on the repeat threads?

I think whenever someone breaks a rule or posting guideline it would be easier to close the thread and just send them a PM pointing out the universal 'ultimate sticky' and say lookup the relevant sub-section.

Regarding not being able to make new threads, if it breaks I just don't bother to try again. It's too much hassle and time wasting. If I'm going to make a substantial post I just copy the text beforehand just in case it doesn't appear.

Back