Somali Pirates VS Ship's Private Security Guards

I used to hate these pirates until I learned why they're doing what they're doing.

These guys live off of fishing. Then big commercial ships from other countries literally come in and scoop up practically all the fish with huge nets, then leave as fast as they came in, leaving the native population with no means to support themselves.
So why not pirate the ships that are actually stealing their fish? If somebody breaks in and steals my TV, that doesn't give me the right to steal my neighbor's new big screen.

Love the videos...any thief deserves that. And poverty is never a valid excuse for thievery.

So why not pirate the ships that are actually stealing their fish? If somebody breaks in and steals my TV, that doesn't give me the right to steal my neighbor's new big screen.

Love the videos...any thief deserves that. And poverty is never a valid excuse for thievery.

Exactly, its stupid.

Exactly, its stupid.
Sadly, many 3rd world people see absolutely nothing wrong with stealing from those that have more, and are taken aback by the violent response against them. Like little kids misbehaving and confused as to why their parents are spanking them. SMH.

Sadly, many 3rd world people see absolutely nothing wrong with stealing from those that have more, and are taken aback by the violent response against them. Like little kids misbehaving and confused as to why their parents are spanking them. SMH.

So what you are saying is we should kill all 3 world people?

They were just coming along to ask for directions

So what you are saying is we should kill all 3 world people?
You're being facetious, but I've no sympathy for the pirates that died in the filming of this very entertaining video.

You're being facetious, but I've no sympathy for the pirates that died in the filming of this very entertaining video.

Dammit I thought we agreed on something :(
kill them all! Well except the hawt women.

Dammit I thought we agreed on something :(
kill them all! Well except the hawt women.
haha.....having lived in the 3rd world for way too long, I've a tiny bit of sympathy for the locals, their impoverished plight, and resulting malevolent mannerisms. Still no excuse for thievery.... up your fishing game, Somalia...it's that simple.

It's interesting how casually both sides are just sending live rounds in other human beings' direction. Just another day at the office for everyone involved.

I got offered a job doing this,turned it down cause one of the government's down there has a habit of locking people up for doing this.

Locking people up for defending themselves from pirates?

There was an article about a bunch of mercenary contract ship guards who got stranded on some oil rig staging area a while back. The story nuts. Some legit ex operator guys and some total freaking clowns all piled on some rusty oil rig that had been poorly converted into a barracks.

What's the story though? They get attacked by pirates?

An anti-material round would come in handy here. Perhaps they usually carry one and it just wasn't shown in this video.

Locking people up for defending themselves from pirates?
did they really look like theyre "defending" themselves, 50 feet in the air above the pirates in a steel tanker with barbwire around it. Come on. They were playing videogames in RL in god mode with the pirates being convenient targets.

I wouldn't mind sending a few rounds downrange if they are floating my way. Their biggest threat is shooting an rpg at your hull
This is the thing. Sure you can kill a few (or more than a few of them) but if they start shooting RPGs at your shit, it's going to cost you alot more than it does them.

It's interesting how casually both sides are just sending live rounds in other human beings' direction. Just another day at the office for everyone involved.

It doesn't take long to get used to shooting at and getting shot at. It's difficult for the pirates to get any accuracy in a fast moving boat. I'm surprised that they don't have larger caliber weapons. I'd want a 50 cal to start with to shoot at greater distances.

did they really look like theyre "defending" themselves, 50 feet in the air above the pirates in a steel tanker with barbwire around it. Come on. They were playing videogames in RL in god mode with the pirates being convenient targets.

Someone should offer a Somali Safari Cruise. You get berth on a ship, long guns, ammo and trained ex-military to help out should you bite off more than you can chew. You cruise along the coast of Somali until the pirates attack. Your money is refunded if you don't make at least one confirmed kill:)

So why not pirate the ships that are actually stealing their fish?

Their fish? They own international waters now??? Hey, the bank has my money. Yes, I do not own the bank, but that bank is where I get my money from so I am entitled to it all.

Someone should offer a Somali Safari Cruise. You get berth on a ship, long guns, ammo and trained ex-military to help out should you bite off more than you can chew. You cruise along the coast of Somali until the pirates attack. Your money is refunded if you don't make at least one confirmed kill:)

"Sign me up" - Ted Nugent

What's casual about it? These pirates are coming to do bad things. Seems like a textbook reason to open fire on them.

What's casual about it? These pirates are coming to do bad things. Seems like a textbook reason to open fire on them.

National Geographic broadcast a show called "Lawless Oceans" where some guy was investigating Somali's found shot dead in boats at sea like it was a bad thing.

Back