Solving the #OscarsSoWhite Controversy

Armbar247

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

He makes a good point about basketball. Never saw it that way. Solution seems good too!

Can't wait to hear Chris Rock on this.

All this because the NWA movie didn't get any nominations?

That fucking film was terrible.

Couple of years ago everyone jizzed all over 12 Years a Slave.

No one claimed that the Academy hated dogs back when Air Bud was snubbed for best actor

th

All this because the NWA movie didn't get any nominations?

That fucking film was terrible.

Couple of years ago everyone jizzed all over 12 Years a Slave.
You have terrible taste in films good sir
That movie was fuckin awesome and captured the atmosphere of the time frame perfectly

You have terrible taste in films good sir
That movie was fuckin awesome and captured the atmosphere of the time frame perfectly

I dunno about all that... They made it seem all glitzy and happy and like they were the nicest pack of friends you could meet. Also they tried to fit way too much in, lied a lot when they did, minimised important stuff, and so on. I could watch it again, but it was a solid 6 at best... Oscar worthy? Jada Smith smoking crack.

Just get all of the white actors to do their performances in blackface this year and problem solved.

The only way to 'solve' this 'problem' is to start handing out participation trophy's.

Frankly, if I were part of the African American Community, I'd be far more concerned about the absolute slap in the face Hollywood has given them with the massive amount of white savior films produced recently. Now that is both embarrassing and insulting.

I dunno about all that... They made it seem all glitzy and happy and like they were the nicest pack of friends you could meet. Also they tried to fit way too much in, lied a lot when they did, minimised important stuff, and so on. I could watch it again, but it was a solid 6 at best... Oscar worthy? Jada Smith smoking crack.
We musta seen two different movies cause that was pretty much how things went according to everything Ive read and what I remember from being a big time NWA fan throughout their whole career
Just cause they didnt talk about Dee Barnes people seem to think the whole film was a vanity puff piece
And I grew up in the California ghettos in the 80's and 90's and that was a pretty spot on representation

We musta seen two different movies cause that was pretty much how things went according to everything Ive read and what I remember from being a big time NWA fan throughout their whole career
Just cause they didnt talk about Dee Barnes people seem to think the whole film was a vanity puff piece
And I grew up in the California ghettos in the 80's and 90's and that was a pretty spot on representation
I actually lived in Compton in the early 90's never liked or respected NWA. Cb4 made me like nwa less it was strangely accurate. Dee barnes being slapped was funny guys like Charlemagne on radio need to get slapped.

I actually lived in Compton in the early 90's never liked or respected NWA. Cb4 made me like nwa less it was strangely accurate. Dee barnes being slapped was funny guys like Charlemagne on radio need to get slapped.
Grew up in and around Oakland which isnt any different than Compton which is why I say this movie represented the timeframe perfectly

These award ceremonies are basically self-aggrandizing celebrity circle jerks.

If people gonna talk about equality they should at least choose a platform that has some meaning.

Lets face it, The oscars are have systematically sidelined african american black people who participate in the industry, its racist and it needs to be changed, i already addressed this injustice in another thread but its important, for starters the statue needs to be obsidian black with a diamond necklace, then we take it from there.

new-black-panters-e1337776870533.png

Idris Elba will tear the establishment down soon. Id say its possible that blacks (they seem to be the main complainers of this so I didnt say minorities) need to up their acting game but I dont watch many movies so perhaps there were blacks worthy of nomination that got snubbed. Its a pretty sad and pathetic affair overall.

The best solution is for people to find more important things to complain about other than fucking pointless movies awards.

Blacks need to organize their own Oscahs .

Litttle black acting trophies made of Onyx instead of that racist golden Oscar. Litttle Black trophies for the little black haters.

Jada us just raising a fuss cause her husband did a shit job on a shit movie and didnt get nominated. Boo Fn hoo

Blacks are 13% of the population, and win 16% of the Oscars.

In the USA, we enjoy pretending to have problems that we don't have, while ignoring the real ones.

Anyone who doesnt realize how important it is to end white privilege in the Oscar movie awards is a full nazi racist that should be in prison

The best solution is for people to find more important things to complain about other than fucking pointless movies awards.

Seriously. The news can only handle so much racial injustice talk. It's wasting time on this "issue"

They already dealt with it. They already solved it. They've taken proactive measures to inject color into the Academy's 94% white male membership. They violated the integrity of the "buddy nomination" system which has stood in place since the founding of this awards ceremony, but oh well, I guess you don't have to build it to own it. Still, the disproportionate racial makeup hasn't changed at all since I was a boy, so I understand why they're trying to expedite the integration of nonwhite and female members. If won't change quickly without an artificial influence. People tend to identify with their own, white or black, but due to the nature of the world in the 1920's, the initial make-up is almost exclusively white.

So now we get to see if the nonwhites can prove to be as fair and without bigotry as the 94% of white men who have awarded the Oscars to almost perfectly reflect the greater ethnic make-up. I'm aware of the sports analogy. It isn't my favorite since the difference is that winning and losing in basketball is an objective competition, and not judged (only referee'd). Still, it brutally counters those who would assert that success within any particular pursuit must perfectly reflect the ethnic make-up of the greater population.

It is just freaking hilarious that Spike Lee & other blacks have spearheaded a movement which would rightfully benefit those of Asian/Latino descent.

Back