• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (First Reactions; Tracking for $160M+ Holiday Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, Rogue One was easily the best one since Empire. I'm of the opinion that ANH, Empire and Rogue One are the only really great Star Wars films. Jedi and ROTS are okay films. The rest are really just drivel.

Yeah I can see that, I do love Jedi as well but Rogue One is probably more consistent with no weaker Ewoke section.

ROTS did have some good scenes in it but also a lot of typical prequels drek for me plus afterall that time it still rushed Anakins turn. Actually reminded me somewhat of Last Jedi that again isn't without its moments but with a lot of junk inbetween.

Just so that everyone knows... this is what is known as "constructive conversation." I obviously don't agree with a lot of what he has said... as anyone who knows me is aware of... but I appreciate the manner in which he said it.

If we could get these Star Wars threads back to discussing thingz instead of just flamming general insults... then we can have a decent time here...

...& I won't have to come in here & hijack these threads anymore. :D
You do realize that today's pissing contest started with your first post, right? Here's the first line of your first post that started it.

"Bunch of casualz seem to have taken over these Star Wars threads."

Delusion much? <Lmaoo>

Yeah I can see that, I do love Jedi as well but Rogue One is probably more consistent with no weaker Ewoke section.

ROTS did have some good scenes in it but also a lot of typical prequels drek for me plus afterall that time it still rushed Anakins turn. Actually reminded me somewhat of Last Jedi that again isn't without its moments but with a lot of junk inbetween.
Aside from the 3 good ones, all the rest struggle with tone. They just don't know what they want to be. Is Jedi a serious movie or a hokey movie to sell toys? They didn't quite do either well. The lack of consistent tone has plagued Star Wars.

@Der Eisbär is even more out to lunch when it comes to Veganism. You should see him get owned in those threads and tuck and run. lol.
Yeah, that's his M.O. He likes to make grandiose posts, get called out for them and then start throwing insults while accusing others of using ad hominem attacks. I honestly think he has some psychological issues, but maybe it's all a ruse and he's just trolling. If that's the case, well done.

"Star Wars haters" are dominating the thread because TLJ was objectively terrible. It's not like all of us fans woke up one day and decided to hate Star Wars. FFS, stop being a weirdo.

Nope there are plenty people who love it but when you see constant hate and complaining and moronic complains that if I had a dollar for every single time I heard that 'dropping bombs in space' complain oh brother...

It become cool to hate on Star Wars this is what the cool kids do. Funny enough you see a bunch of them in those comic book movie threads and wow there they are full of hype and way more positive cause 'Thanos is coming wooo hoo'.

So yea I stay away from the constant complain and bitterness, I'm fine with the movie I'm fine to talk it out with other fans and cya you all guys in the Ep 9 thread.

Empire - 10
ANH - 9
Rogue One - 8 1/2
Jedi - 6
ROTS - 6
TFA - 5
PM - 4
AoTC - 2
TLJ - 2
Thank you... I clicked like for you participating... but this is a major fail on your lower ratings.

On the real, what we're doing with a rating system is comparing them to other movies. Your favorite movie of all time is a 10... & your worse favorite movie of all time is a 1. From there we rate movies in between those 2 extremes.

I have see such crap movies where nothing is good. Not the soundtrack, the acting, the story.... I mean just absolutely horrible crap. No way any Star Wars even comes close to some of that stuff.

Even if you don't like the stories... you gotta give them more than a fooking 2 for production value alone. Music track alone.... Great actors.

I'm not saying you gotta like it as much as me... but to me... in no way can a big production budget movie like this ever fall anywhere close to a 2. I personally think we guage Star Wars between 5 - 10 just by default of production value & the world that's created. maybe you're just burned out on the world & you no longer appreciate being drawn back into it. I personally relish any effort that brings me back into the world & due to their attention to production I can't see how a Star Wars could ever fall below a 5.

@Der Eisbär is even more out to lunch when it comes to Veganism. You should see him get owned in those threads and tuck and run. lol.
As today's thread moderator, I do not approve of this attempt to derail this Star Wars discussion.. You are now being shown to the door & I suggest you stay away until at least after tomorrow when I have left.

Thank you... I clicked like for you participating... but this is a major fail on your lower ratings.

On the real, what we're doing with a rating system is comparing them to other movies. Your favorite movie of all time is a 10... & your worse favorite movie of all time is a 1. From there we rate movies in between those 2 extremes.

I have see such crap movies where nothing is good. Not the soundtrack, the acting, the story.... I mean just absolutely horrible crap. No way any Star Wars even comes close to some of that stuff.

Even if you don't like the stories... you gotta give them more than a fooking 2 for production value alone. Music track alone.... Great actors.

I'm not saying you gotta like it as much as me... but to me... in no way can a big production budget movie like this ever fall anywhere close to a 2. I personally think we guage Star Wars between 5 - 10 just by default of production value & the world that's created. maybe you're just burned out on the world & you no longer appreciate being drawn back into it. I personally relish any effort that brings me back into the world & due to their attention to production I can't see how a Star Wars could ever fall below a 5.

Production value is all you need lol

LJ has to have the worst script and story. Fuck production.

You must like gold plated turds

"Star Wars haters" are dominating the thread because TLJ was objectively terrible. It's not like all of us fans woke up one day and decided to hate Star Wars. FFS, stop being a weirdo.

You clearly don't know what objectively means.

You do realize that today's pissing contest started with your first post, right? Here's the first line of your first post that started it.

"Bunch of casualz seem to have taken over these Star Wars threads."

Delusion much? <Lmaoo>
That's not true... the convo started with everyone's venom being spit at the new Solo trailer. Most of it isn't even constructive... it's just haters spitting venom at it with general statements. That's what started it.

Most Star Wars threads are full of that stuff to the point that I don't even enjoy coming in here any more. I really wish you haters weren't so over the top because it's just way to much. You guyz are just feeding off each other convincing each other that these movies are crap to the point where you actually believe it.

I mean, at the most all you can really say is that you didn't care for it because of this & this... but I liked this & this etc... If you're any kind of Star Wars fan, you'd at least appreciate the universe being expanded on film with such great production value. To deminish it to "crap" or a rating of 2 is WAY OVER THE TOP. Like not even close to reality. it's nothing more than spewing venom. The haters club has been feeding each other with this stuff for a long time now & I'm stepping up today to let you know it's f*cked.

Last edited:
Update: April 8, 2018

Official Trailer for SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY

200.gif

Why must they continually shit on the franchise? Fuck.

So now you're telling me how to rate films? How can I give a film like AoTC anything above a 2 when it's so bad? It managed to not only age incredibly poorly from a production standpoint (the visuals are hilariously bad), but also somehow managed to get some of worst performances ever from fine actors. It's a terrible movie by any measure.

The Last Jedi might be one of the most tonally inconsistent films I've ever seen. From a narrative standpoint, it's an absolute mess. Literally it's only redeeming quality is that it's shot well. Even the score is bad IMO.

I rate films how I want to rate films.

Production value is all you need lol

LJ has to have the worst script and story. Fuck production.

You must like gold plated turds
Again with your "selective reading comprehension"... I've said over & over that it's "presenting the Star Wars universe with the high production value." I've also made my point very clear that high production value alone moves it to a "higher' rating... not that it's the only thing we consider. You gotta really get real with what a 2 out of 10 rating means when you compare it to other movies. I mean there is some real crap out there. no doubt about it. All I'm saying is that no matter what you feel about the story or whatever... there's movies out there that don't have a good story... plus they don't have the production value.... & those movies are at the 2 level. By default a big production movie gets boosted off of fooking 2.

To your point though... the end of your post is something that can actually be discussed. You are still presenting it in an overly hateful way... but if you have a problem with the story then that can be discussed.

The people taking over the galaxy are launching a huge attack on the biggest resistance cell against them. oh yeah that's f*cked. Oh wait... no it's not... that makes a lot of sense.

My point being that it's not the entire plot & story that you don't like. You're just complaining about the details. & that's fine, but you said it's the worst script & story... & yet that point I just brought up makes sense. i've seen movies that made absolutely no sense. My wife & I were litereally sitting there trying to figure out what the plot was half way through the movie. So when you say sh*t like "it's the worse script & story", you are comparing it to that movie.

Again, you are all just over exaggerating your point of view because it's Star Wars & you expect so much more... but when you didn't get what you wanted... you go WAY OVER THE TOP to express your point of view. it's not that bad. Maybe you would've done thingz different... & maybe you didn't like the way it went down... but it's certainly not to the extreme you speak of.

What are you trying to be the Joe Rogan of movie commentating? Don't use objective when you mean subjective.
Dude, I was using hyperbole by saying it's so bad, it's objective and not even subjective.

Again with your "selective reading comprehension"... I've said over & over that it's "presenting the Star Wars universe with the high production value." I've also made my point very clear that high production value alone moves it to a "higher' rating... not that it's the only thing we consider. You gotta really get real with what a 2 out of 10 rating means when you compare it to other movies. I mean there is some real crap out there. no doubt about it. All I'm saying is that no matter what you feel about the story or whatever... there's movies out there that don't have a good story... plus they don't have the production value.... & those movies are at the 2 level. By default a big production movie gets boosted off of fooking 2.

To your point though... the end of your post is something that can actually be discussed. You are still presenting it in an overly hateful way... but if you have a problem with the story then that can be discussed.

The people taking over the galaxy are launching a huge attack on the biggest resistance cell against them. oh yeah that's f*cked. Oh wait... no it's not... that makes a lot of sense.

My point being that it's not the entire plot & story that you don't like. You're just complaining about the details. & that's fine, but you said it's the worst script & story... & yet that point I just brought up makes sense. i've seen movies that made absolutely no sense. My wife & I were litereally sitting there trying to figure out what the plot was half way through the movie. So when you say sh*t like "it's the worse script & story", you are comparing it to that movie.

Again, you are all just over exaggerating your point of view because it's Star Wars & you expect so much more... but when you didn't get what you wanted... you go WAY OVER THE TOP to express your point of view. it's not that bad. Maybe you would've done thingz different... & maybe you didn't like the way it went down... but it's certainly not to the extreme you speak of.
That's such an incredibly bad argument. Transformers films have high production value, but I'll be damned if that means they're an automatic 5. Budget has nothing to do with the quality of a film.

That's not true... the convo started with everyone's venom being spit at the new Solo trailer. Most of it isn't even constructive... it's just haters spitting venom at it with general statements.

Most Star Wars threads are full of that stuff to the point that I don't even enjoy coming in here any more. I really wish you haters weren't so over the top because it's just way to much. You guyz are just feeding off each other convincing each other that these movies are crap to the point where you actually believe it.

I mean, at the most all you can really say is that you didn't care for it because of this & this... but I liked this & this etc... If you're any kind of Star Wars fan, you'd at least appreciate the universe being expanded on film with such great production value. To deminish it to "crap" or a rating of 2 is WAY OVER THE TOP. Like not even close to reality. it's nothing more than spewing venom. The haters club has been feeding each other with this stuff for a long time now & I'm stepping up today to let you know it's f*cked.

It's being directed by Ron Howard....
The only movie that has been decent since the original trilogy has been Rogue One. The prequels were an abomination. The Force Awakens is a rehashed story line. The Last Jedi was terrible. The cartoons, Rebels and Clone Wars, have been better than the movies.
If they want to make Star Wars great again, they need to have Timothy Zahn write a script for a movie based on Thrawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back