Locked SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (First Reactions; Tracking for $160M+ Holiday Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is thinking TLJ was shit because every character decision was fucking retarded a "neckbeard" reaction?
Yours are.

Hey, if the label doesn't apply to you maybe don't pretend to wear it just so you can rip it off. Literally no one cares when you declare something you're not.

Hey guys! I'm not a turnip eater. I refuse!

See?

tumblr_m7us608tiG1qjoeuho2_250.gif

Except that the original directors were removed, Howard had to reshoot almost the enitre movie and reports state that the guy playing Solo needs an acting coach on set and he sucks and the Movie cost millions more in reshoots

Lets not forget we haven't seen even one piece of promotional material yet and the movie is 4 months away.

Things are not looking good for the Solo movie and Disney knows it. Plus the release date is horrible
#1. How well the production goes is not a good indicator. People were scared that THE BOURNE IDENTITY would tank, but we're like five films later in that franchise for better worse. Productions go not-smoothly all the time.

#2. All those changes were for the better. In Ron We Trust.

#3. Fuck those cowards (not you).

Yours are.

Hey, if the label doesn't apply to you maybe don't pretend to wear it just so you can rip it off. Literally no one cares when you declare something you're not.

Hey guys! I'm not a turnip eater. I refuse!

See?

tumblr_m7us608tiG1qjoeuho2_250.gif

#1. How well the production goes is not a good indicator. People were scared that THE BOURNE IDENTITY would tank, but we're like five films later in that franchise for better worse. Productions go not-smoothly all the time.

#2. All those changes were for the better. In Ron We Trust.

#3. Fuck those cowards (not you).

The entire movie basically had to be re shot and the lead actor sucks.

How are those good signs for a movie

You also don't like Scorsese so wat you say should be taken with a grain of salt.

You also don't like Scorsese so wat you say should be taken with a grain of salt.
Thanks a lot for reading my posts! I didn't say they were good signs. Thanks a lot for not reading my posts!

I said the CHANGES are for the BETTER. I didn't say that CHANGE is good, but I am implying we shouldn't resist it and fear the worst.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Thanks a lot for reading my posts! I didn't say they were good signs. Thanks a lot for not reading my posts!

I said the CHANGES are for the BETTER. I didn't say that CHANGE is good, but I am implying we shouldn't resist it and fear the worst.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Problem is there was no outcry from the public to make this movie. No one was dying for a Han Solo prequel movie. Then you mix in all these reports of behind the scenes being awful and you have a recipe for disaster.

I'm hoping for a fun movie but I don't think this will be anything special. I hope it is tho

Ok let's use a bit of logic on that rumor.

Most likely they knew about some of the upcoming resistance vs TLJ, maybe not to this extent but still they had to know because they saw the movie and most likely they passed it around to their trusted sources that they normally use to get some feedback.. a company that big and that smart doesn't do things from the hip so they knew yet they proceeded in that direction most likely because they wanted a fresher / cleaner road moving forward and end to this old era, fans wanted another movie or two before ending it they took the bandage right off and now the hard part is done they will mend the wound and move forward.

You don't write off a movie that costed you 250 mill and that will soon either be moved in December or start a marketing campaign. That would be bad business even if the movie is bad you work it and with PR/marketing and the Star Wars name you still make 800 mill on such a brand why would you not what is the alternative here. They didn't start the PR because they move it or just needed the time for TLJ to step in the spotlight.

The lead actor is bad, well kinda hard to be that bad considering we saw him perform very well in Hail, Caesar! then we have this all casting process that had hundreds of options then we were left with 10 or so top names and from tests they decided to go with this option thinking it's the best portray of the character.
We are basing this 'bad actor' on just the fact he got a personal acting coach hired by the studio ? and ignore all the other things.. then if you look into it this isn't that uncommon for younger actors to have hired help to make their performances even better, you guys think Leo or some other top young actor didn't get lessons or had a personal coach at one point in their careers ? so I'm not that worried about it at all.

The bad scrip, well the man behind that script is non other then Lawrence Kasdan and son this man is the same one behind Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi and The Force Awakens so he isn't someone new testing out waters, this is someone very familiar with Han Solo he wrote for him 3 times already now 4 times with this movie. (bonus the man did Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Bodyguard and Wyatt Earp some of my favorites and great hits) So all of a sudden he stroke out on Han Solo a character he nailed all this time ? doesn't make sense and if the scrip was bad then why not change it along with the directors why keep the same script.

It is a Star Wars movie that will be more adventure themed oriented with smugglers and action of the sort maybe even a tad dirty and gritty in look like Rogue One ? .. do I think it reaches 1000 million well maybe not if they land on May and we still see some TLJ waves but 750-800 mill could be in the ballpark and if the movie is better then expected and word of mouth gets in on it who knows.

Can't wait for more news on the trailer and the release date they will be sticking too.. I will say this I wasn't asking for a young Solo movie and it wouldn't had been my first pick either but who knows maybe this would be a real treat.

The mother of Dragons in space and more Star Wars adventures.. I'm in what do I have to loose anyway.

DSziO7AW0AEPl9J.jpg

I think you need to relax

Its just a rumor

Problem is there was no outcry from the public to make this movie. No one was dying for a Han Solo prequel movie. Then you mix in all these reports of behind the scenes being awful and you have a recipe for disaster.

I'm hoping for a fun movie but I don't think this will be anything special. I hope it is tho
No offense: I'm trying to figure out why "no one asked for this" is an important criterion for you. Is it fear that the STAR WARS name shall further be unduly sullied by yet another POS film?

I don't like the idea of a Non-Ford Han myself, but it can't be any worse than the actual Ford Han in TFA. In fact, watching Harrison Ford allows me to free up the notion Han needs to be sanctified and unspoiled. What kind of a Han leaves his wife because his brother-in-law wasn't unable to do the job he also couldn't do?

Further, the notion that this film probably will be bad allows more room for potential. Since none of us are staking staking anything on a HAN SOLO solo film film, expectations remain comfortably pragmatic, in which case it can only go up. Since who goes to a movie for pragmatism?

No offense: I'm trying to figure out why "no one asked for this" is an important criterion for you. Is it fear that the STAR WARS name shall further be unduly sullied by yet another POS film?

I don't like the idea of a Non-Ford Han myself, but it can't be any worse than the actual Ford Han in TFA. In fact, watching Harrison Ford allows me to free up the notion Han needs to be sanctified and unspoiled. What kind of a Han leaves his wife because his brother-in-law wasn't unable to do the job he also couldn't do?

Further, the notion that this film probably will be bad allows more room for potential. Since none of us are staking staking anything on a HAN SOLO solo film film, expectations remain comfortably pragmatic, in which case it can only go up. Since who goes to a movie for pragmatism?

Well because there is no need to make this film. None at all. There was no public outcry for this movie and I think most people who are fans feel the same way.

Why tamper with a cultural icons story if you don't need to do so. You're missng context here. This isn't some fun of the mill character this is quite possibly the most popular Star Wars character ever and no one was crying for this movie to be made.

They arent gonna strike gold twice with casting Han Solo. Only Ford can play the roll properly. Thinking that you can just replace that variable is ingnorant and as we suspected the new actor is a bust. Or at least reports say as much

LEDDY????
Yuji-_Shimada.jpg

FOIGHT!

Well because there is no need to make this film. None at all. There was no public outcry for this movie and I think most people who are fans feel the same way.

Why tamper with a cultural icons story if you don't need to do so. You're missng context here. This isn't some fun of the mill character this is quite possibly the most popular Star Wars character ever and no one was crying for this movie to be made.

They arent gonna strike gold twice with casting Han Solo. Only Ford can play the roll properly. Thinking that you can just replace that variable is ingnorant and as we suspected the new actor is a bust. Or at least reports say as much
I get you.

Ok let's use a bit of logic on that rumor.

Most likely they knew about some of the upcoming resistance vs TLJ, maybe not to this extent but still they had to know because they saw the movie and most likely they passed it around to their trusted sources that they normally use to get some feedback.. a company that big and that smart doesn't do things from the hip so they knew yet they proceeded in that direction most likely because they wanted a fresher / cleaner road moving forward and end to this old era, fans wanted another movie or two before ending it they took the bandage right off and now the hard part is done they will mend the wound and move forward.

You don't write off a movie that costed you 250 mill and that will soon either be moved in December or start a marketing campaign. That would be bad business even if the movie is bad you work it and with PR/marketing and the Star Wars name you still make 800 mill on such a brand why would you not what is the alternative here. They didn't start the PR because they move it or just needed the time for TLJ to step in the spotlight.

The lead actor is bad, well kinda hard to be that bad considering we saw him perform very well in Hail, Caesar! then we have this all casting process that had hundreds of options then we were left with 10 or so top names and from tests they decided to go with this option thinking it's the best portray of the character.
We are basing this 'bad actor' on just the fact he got a personal acting coach hired by the studio ? and ignore all the other things.. then if you look into it this isn't that uncommon for younger actors to have hired help to make their performances even better, you guys think Leo or some other top young actor didn't get lessons or had a personal coach at one point in their careers ? so I'm not that worried about it at all.

The bad script, well the man behind that script is non other then Lawrence Kasdan and son this man is the same one behind Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi and The Force Awakens so he isn't someone new testing out waters, this is someone very familiar with Han Solo he wrote for him 3 times already now 4 times with this movie. (bonus the man did Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Bodyguard and Wyatt Earp some of my favorites and great hits) So all of a sudden he stroke out on Han Solo a character he nailed all this time ? doesn't make sense and if the script was bad then why not change it along with the directors why keep the same script.

It is a Star Wars movie that will be more adventure themed oriented with smugglers and action of the sort maybe even a tad dirty and gritty in look like Rogue One ? .. do I think it reaches 1000 million well maybe not if they land on May and we still see some TLJ waves but 750-800 mill could be in the ballpark and if the movie is better then expected and word of mouth gets in on it who knows.

Can't wait for more news on the trailer and the release date they will be sticking too.. I will say this I wasn't asking for a young Solo movie and it wouldn't had been my first pick either but who knows maybe this would be a real treat.

The mother of Dragons in space and more Star Wars adventures.. I'm in what do I have to loose anyway.

DSziO7AW0AEPl9J.jpg

I think you need to relax

Its just a rumor
So Brother One takes each topic & explains them in a positive manner & he's the one who needs to relax? Looks to me like the people spreading this rumor business with no sources & all ready claiming the movie is sh*t... are the ones you should be directing your comment toward.

Yup, that's how I'm taking this film. I have very low expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Disney leaked the info that they were writing things off, to cool expectations.

I love Woody Harrelson in supporting roles and Ron Howards is a good clean up guy. Donald Glover is really funny too and even though he looks nothing like Billy Dee, I have full confidence that he can pull it off.

Hopefully it's a fun movie and at least as good as Rogue One. It can't be worse than the current trilogy.

Yup, that's how I'm taking this film. I have very low expectations. I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Disney leaked the info that they were writing things off, to cool expectations.

I love Woody Harrelson in supporting roles and Ron Howards is a good clean up guy. Donald Glover is really funny too and even though he looks nothing like Billy Dee, I have full confidence that he can pull it off.

Hopefully it's a fun movie and at least as good as Rogue One.
Yeah! That's the spirit.....

It can't be worse than the current trilogy.
tenor.gif

Was this film cancelled? I was looking at future release and realized this thing comes out less than 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back