Soldier of God vs Stylebender

I've grown to like the Stylebender but even I think he loses this one. Bad match up for him (and for that reason Dana won't make it).

Also bizarre how many people are shifting on Adesanya after Saturday's fight. It was honestly an incredible solid technical fight from him. Shows how many people here don't recognise that when it is in front of their eyes, honestly...

Yoel would probably get KO'd , he isnt flying knee on , and would not land a haymaker on Sanya . Yoel doesnt have the ground skills to finish Sanya

Stylebender via head kick. I think his next fight results in a devastating KO against his opponent.

Anderson is the only one who would've evaded those kicks Saturday Night. That's what made that fight so special.

I would favor Izzy over Costa, but Yoel over Izzy unless age suddenly catches up with Yoel.

I don't want to see Izzy against Yoel, unless it's for a belt.

Last edited:
When has Romero ever won via using his grappling except maybe the Jacare fight?
You see, when you use words like "except" while trying to prove a point, you pretty much automatically destroy your own argument. Fact is, there is zero chance of Israel stopping Yoel's takedowns. Yoel has all the tools to take him down and pound him out, it is more than a realistic path to victory.

You see, when you use words like "except" while trying to prove a point, you pretty much automatically destroy your own argument. Fact is, there is zero chance of Israel stopping Yoel's takedowns. Yoel has all the tools to take him down and pound him out, it is more than a realistic path to victory.
Yoel doesn't attempt to use his wrestling offensively. In the Jacare fight Jacare attempted to take the fight to the ground and they got stuck in a couple grappling positions with Yoel in top control.

And no saying "except" does not destroy an argument. It acknowledges that you can't blanket statement everything. It's trying to keep the subject focused on the rule and not the exceptions.

Show me an example of Yoel shooting a double in the UFC? In fact I can show you examples of Romero almost losing because got outwrestled. See the Brunson, Jacare and Weidman fights.

Yoel doesn't attempt to use his wrestling offensively. In the Jacare fight Jacare attempted to take the fight to the ground and they got stuck in a couple grappling positions with Yoel in top control.

And no saying "except" does not destroy an argument. It acknowledges that you can't blanket statement everything. It's trying to keep the subject focused on the rule and not the exceptions.
This is MMA, there are no "rules" in the sense that fighters are free to adapt their gameplans based on their opponent instead of simply doing the same thing over and over. Saying that Yoel does not have a path to victory through "offensive" wrestling because that is not something he usually does is like saying that Aldo never used his wrestling offensively in his fights, simply because he's a "defensive" wrestler as well. Yoel might very well do the same thing "Aldo The Defensive Wrestler" did in his fight against Korean Zombie. You never know, because this is MMA and gameplans are flexible.

Israel loses via snapped leg when kicking Yoel.

This is MMA, there are no "rules" in the sense that fighters are free to adapt their gameplans based on their opponent instead of simply doing the same thing over and over. Saying that Yoel does not have a path to victory through "offensive" wrestling because that is not something he usually does is like saying that Aldo never used his wrestling offensively in his fights, simply because he's a "defensive" wrestler as well. Yoel might very well do the same thing "Aldo The Defensive Wrestler" did in his fight against Korean Zombie. You never know, because this is MMA and gameplans are flexible.
Ok an I'll say DC landing a HK and knocking out his next opponent with it is a possible outcome because we've seen he attempt kicks in the past.

I'm looking at fighter's instinct. When they're tired and fighting off instincts they fall back to what got them there.

For Yoel that's shelling up and exploding into a striking exchange.

Just because you say Yoel has a clear path to victory doesn't mean that path is a one that Yoel is likely to take.

Yoel has too much power and grappling advantage. Isreal is someone I am looking forward to making money off of. With the right opponent with someone like Costa or Yoel I could pull the trigger

Ok an I'll say DC landing a HK and knocking out his next opponent with it is a possible outcome because we've seen he attempt kicks in the past.

I'm looking at fighter's instinct. When they're tired and fighting off instincts they fall back to what got them there.

Just because you say Yoel has a clear path to victory doesn't mean that path is a one that Yoel is likely to take.
Yoel is more likely to take that path to victory than ever, because Israel is dangerous on the feet and his TDD is nowhere near good enough to stop Yoel's takedowns. Israel is no Whittaker: if Yoel grabs a hold of him, he's going down. No one can deny that Yoel has the tools needed to take Israel down and pound him out.

Israel is no Whittaker: if Yoel grabs a hold of him, he's going down. No one can deny that Yoel has the tools needed to take Israel down and pound him out.

Hey, what's going on here? Ain't he seen both of Yoel's fights with Whitaker? How many doubles and singles did Rob need to defend again? Yoel goes for TDs, not just as a distraction to set up his strikes either.

Hey, what's going on here? Ain't he seen both of Yoel's fights with Whitaker? How many doubles and singles did Rob need to defend again? Yoel goes for TDs, not just as a distraction to set up his strikes either.
Yep, Yoel officially made 18 (eighteen) TD attempts in the first fight and 10 in the second. He sure as heck tries to wrestle offensively and Israel will have no answer to his bulk and skill on the mat.

What's this? A logical post on Sherdog?

Get this shit outta here B. You're taking up much needed bandwidth for hot takes.

<BronTroll1>

Back