soaps and testosterone

AMBUSH

White Belt
Reaction score
what are the soaps/oils a persone should avoid that decrease testosterone, I read an article about it once but cant find it.....HELP ps I know my spelling is bad:redface:

Soap decreasing testosterone? Wtf I have never heard about this. Most regular soap is just like a glycerol molecule. The soap molecules have a hydrophobic part and a hydrophilic part. So they attach themselves to dirt and oil and wash away with water.

Does it matter? Alot of little things decrease testosterone. The stress you get from worrying about it will decrease your testosterone too and if your t-levels are so low that you have to worry about every little thing that might drop your testosterone by 1% you're a big pussy

j/k.

Just don't use soap if you are that worried about it.

I've heard that tea tree oil and products containing it have been linked to lowering test levels... though I don't know of any replicable studies that have been done on the matter

I'd be very skeptical of that myself too Urban.

/stops using pink dove soap to be safe.

~Foz

Make your own soap if you worried about lowering your testosterone.

Lavender and Tea Tree:

NEJM -- Prepubertal Gynecomastia Linked to Lavender and Tea Tree Oils

"Our in vitro studies confirm that lavender oil and tea tree oil possess weak estrogenic and antiandrogenic activities that may contribute to an imbalance in estrogen and androgen pathway signaling. Estrogenic or antiandrogenic activities have been reported for other essential oils and some of their monoterpene constituents."

Just use Lava to scrub down your junk. That's what a real man with insanely high test would do.

post-lava.jpg

Triclocarban, an antimicrobial ingredient found in some soaps, may lower testosterone levels. Go to hpd.nlm.nih.gov for a list of products containing triclocarban.

I use for everything. My hair is 3/8 of an inch short, so it's my shampoo and bodywash.

i think any kind of pink soap would probably decrease test levels,

but not for any reason scientific

nvm: It's an American board and someone would eventually do it.

The easiest solution? don't use soap. Just sand off your outer layer of skin daily and you're good.

Reflecting for hours on what soap to use is likely to decrease your test levels by more than using the wrong soap.

I just clean myself with a Brillo pad and Comet.

I've also heard that Lavender and Tea Tree Oils have some anti-test properties. That might be what you are refering to.

I've also heard that Lavender and Tea Tree Oils have some anti-test properties. That might be what you are refering to.

Now where (it was) did you hear (already posted) that crazy (in post #8) idea?

Back