So you're hooked?

1 friend but he ended up no longer going for unknown reasons. He grapples a lot too, but times is hard and he rather buy jordans than train BJJ anyways unfortunantly.

I've been trying to get my lazy ass of a brother to join but no. So far my fiance is really into it.

physicaltherapy said:
I've been trying to get my lazy ass of a brother to join but no. So far my fiance is really into it.

If you can, that's really great, because my brother got me into it, and we both can train together basically whenever we want. It's good to have a fighting family :D

My friend informed me about the uni club which was starting up, and I started up before him.

He initially wasn't interested in BJJ, and just wanted to do the judo part of the club (combined club), but since that wasn't starting for awhile I convinced him to come along.

He did and loved it. We were just asked this morning about which we prefer, bjj or judo, and both of us agreed that bjj was better (though we haven't dont much judo at all)

Other than that, I've had a few friends/people I know come along, some stick around sorta, others don't.

My friend I was talking about is better than me now :( I can still submit him, but usually after getting controlled for 20 minutes

None.

The first year I did it i was all enthusiastic about BJJ and try to spread the word like crazy, caues i thought it was awsome n some hidden martial art. After talking to 100+ ppl about it in my hgihschool and showing them shit and hearing the same line "o ya I'll save up some money and get on that" n not having anbody show up.

I gave up and just mind my own business now. Only certain ppl are interested in BJJ and MMA and those ppl are bound to discover it on their own.

I have two guys who really got into it after seeing what I could do. One of them is a former wrestler who weighs 30 pounds more than me. He couldn't believe that I could sub and sweep him, and that got him hooked.

Back