So why won't Nate fight Tony?

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
Seriously though what's up with this? I listened to the MMA hour with him, and in all of his rambling he really doesn't give a legit reason why he won't fight him. Nate would be getting all the opportunity here. Tony is ranked number 1 so Nate would be leap frogging a bunch of people. If he were to beat Tony he would be guaranteed a fight with Conor basically.

So to me there is only two real reasons why he is ducking Tony so bad. 1). He is afraid of Tony. No if, and or buts. If you are a fighter and another fighter calls you out, there is no reason to not accept it. Especially if he's his WEIGHT class. Speaking of that... Reason 2.) He can't make 155 anymore. Yes he fought majority of his career at 155. But if you go back to when he fought Rory MacDonald at 170 back then, Nate is very clearly smaller than when he fought conor at 170, especially in the second fight. He's also OLDER. The weight cut just not be easy enough anymore. If that's the case he needs to just come out and say it. Either he transioned to 170 like cowboy, or he retires.

Hmm... fight Tony for peanuts or wait for Conor to come back and make $10 million in the rubber match.

Tough choice...

I would pay for this fight. Possible Fight of the Year !!! Just don't think Nate would get millions for it.

it does seem like a good fight. maybe he is just too rich. much easier to just wait for conor rematch than bother taking damage vs tony.

Conor said for the III fight it would be at 155, my guess after this Mayweather thing ends, whether they fight or not. They will do the trilogy fight at 155 for the belt. So Nate is in no rush he is sitting on a 5 to 10 million dollar pay day.

Hmm... fight Tony for peanuts or wait for Conor to come back and make $10 million in the rubber match.

Tough choice...
Why are you so Confident conor Even Comes back? After fighting Mayweather for 75$ million? As a fighter. How can Nate just sit around and hope conor does. Doesent Nate wanna make money IN THE MEAN TIME?

Cause he thinks hes worth millions now when he should be thanking Conor if anything. Nate aint a real fighter if hes only going to fight for big paydays now.

The truth is that Conor vs Diaz 3 will probably happen at some point as long as Nate is still a top fighter and that fight makes him much more money. If he starts losing fights then he risks no longer being relevant enough for Conor. Tony is a dangerous fighter. So yeah, I guess in a sense he's ducking Tony. But I think it's more about the money than being scared of Tony.

Why are you so Confident conor Even Comes back? After fighting Mayweather for 75$ million? As a fighter. How can Nate just sit around and hope conor does. Doesent Nate wanna make money IN THE MEAN TIME?
conor just likes fighting too much, he trains a lot. I would be really surprised if he doesnt come back to UFC.

If the UFC was offering him good money he would probably take the fight.

It is a frustrating answer for a Diaz fan

No matter what they are offering him he wants more, but this isn't like the situation where Conor said I wanna fight Nate pay him whatever he wants lets make it happen.

Nate gained so much casual buzz from his Conor fights he could be a massive star now if he went out and had a few good performances, set up that 3rd fight with Conor. Instead he seems happy to sit home and claim he isn't fighting unless he gets 10 millon dollars.

I am sad that we probably will never see Nate fight again.

The UFC will not pay him what he thinks he deserves to fight Tony, so why should he fight?

Here is the thing, pay per view is not the only way the UFC makes money. Nate Diaz is a very popular fighter, that means the UFC will get better sponsorship deals, of which Diaz will get ZERO dollars.

The UFC has the money to pay Nate at least U$1M to fight Tony Ferguson, but they are too greedy to do so, Nate is smart enough to say "fuck you then."

Nate is already wealthy from his first two Conor fights. He never needs to fight again. That's the single biggest reason. Why would be fight when he can do nothing, not cut weight, blaze all day and not get hurt?

The UFC will not pay him what he thinks he deserves to fight Tony, so why should he fight?

Here is the thing, pay per view is not the only way the UFC makes money. Nate Diaz is a very popular fighter, that means the UFC will get better sponsorship deals, of which Diaz will get ZERO dollars.

The UFC has the money to pay Nate at least U$1M to fight Tony Ferguson, but they are too greedy to do so, Nate is smart enough to say "fuck you then."
I believe they need to pay him much more. Nate's price is probably north of $2.5m and the UFC is definitely too greedy to pay that.

Both Diaz brothers aren't trying to fight anyone until nsac drops weed from prohibited substance list. Think if one joint cost you 25k

Seriously though what's up with this? I listened to the MMA hour with him, and in all of his rambling he really doesn't give a legit reason why he won't fight him. Nate would be getting all the opportunity here. Tony is ranked number 1 so Nate would be leap frogging a bunch of people. If he were to beat Tony he would be guaranteed a fight with Conor basically.

So to me there is only two real reasons why he is ducking Tony so bad. 1). He is afraid of Tony. No if, and or buts. If you are a fighter and another fighter calls you out, there is no reason to not accept it. Especially if he's his WEIGHT class. Speaking of that... Reason 2.) He can't make 155 anymore. Yes he fought majority of his career at 155. But if you go back to when he fought Rory MacDonald at 170 back then, Nate is very clearly smaller than when he fought conor at 170, especially in the second fight. He's also OLDER. The weight cut just not be easy enough anymore. If that's the case he needs to just come out and say it. Either he transioned to 170 like cowboy, or he retires.
You touched on the reasons I believe he doesn't want to fight Ferguson but I honestly don't think he is scared. Nate has definetly put on a lot of size recently and I just don't believe he can make LW anymore and he basically said that by saying that fighting Ferguson isn't worth cutting all that weight because the money just isnt there . Another big reason is he wants to fight McGregor again($$$) and knows a loss really makes the chances of that fight happening a lot less likely.

Cause he wouldn't make much money and Tony is a dangerous opponent.

The better question is why are fans entertaining this fight? Nate Diaz does not deserve it.

Back