So why did Ortega need a Spanish translator?

I heard it. My guess is the coach wanted to give Ortega the option of saying something without Herb knowing what he said. Instead, he was ready to fight.

EDIT: Not sure who actually asked

I didn't consider that but I bet that's the reason, if so, that's so fucking shady of that coach/corner.

Its funny cuz u could hear ortega tell the spanish doctor "tenme confiansa guey" pretty much saying, "have faith in me bro" doctror says, "are u ok?" Ortega says "ill be alright"

To tell the ref he could see last night?

I'm not sure if anyone else caught that, I speak Spanish and I could swear that at one point when they were wasting time getting out of the corner (I think between rd. 4 and 5), and they were checking Ortega's vision, I thought I heard him get asked if he can see in English, then as he didn't respond they had someone asking him in Spanish to which he responded.

<36>

So what the fuck was that, you got this blue eyed kid from California who lived in his States all his life, and suddenly he needs a Spanish translator? Damn, Volk must have decked him pretty hard, sent his mind back to his ancestry.

Did anyone else catch this?

Herb was trying hes very best to stop that fight...but Ortega wasnt having it..even tried to get him crossed up in two languages to admit he couldn't see...but ortega wasnt having non of that No MAS shit.

Mexicano blood

I'm not sure if anyone else caught that, I speak Spanish and I could swear that at one point when they were wasting time getting out of the corner (I think between rd. 4 and 5), and they were checking Ortega's vision, I thought I heard him get asked if he can see in English, then as he didn't respond they had someone asking him in Spanish to which he responded.

<36>

So what the fuck was that, you got this blue eyed kid from California who lived in his States all his life, and suddenly he needs a Spanish translator? Damn, Volk must have decked him pretty hard, sent his mind back to his ancestry.

Yes I remember that. I think that Ortega just spoke spanish as he'll speak SPanish to his family most likely so when you're brain is all scrambled, he probably reverts spanish. I recall him speaking both spanish and english when Herb Dean and the other guy were checking on him.

Yes I remember that. I think that Ortega just spoke spanish as he'll speak SPanish to his family most likely so when you're brain is all scrambled, he probably reverts spanish. I recall him speaking both spanish and english when Herb Dean and the other guy were checking on him.

Also, if he knows an official is a latino or spanish speaker, he will speak Spanish to him.
All people whose main language is xyz do that with nationals of said country.

i cringed then i heard it,i was like isnt he american all way through??? the ref or doctor or whoever it was asked him ''estas bien''???... whole ortega vibe sucks balls... from the gang signs to the fake im street thug act is a joke
I bet his Spanish isnt even that good either

<36>

You guys have it wrong. Here is what happened in that exchange of words.

Ortega's vision was messed up but he didn't want to say it to the ref because they would stop the fight. Instead, Ortega told his trainer in spanish, so that Herb or the doctor wouldn't be able to understand, that he couldn't see. At that moment, the trainer calls for Herb, and Herb asks Ortega what's wrong? Ortega then tells his trainer "te dije en confianza guey" which translates to, "that was between me and you, fool" Ortega then tells Herb that he's fine and ready to go.

Last edited:
For someone who took the time to learn Spanish it seems like you dislike Hispanic culture
How do you come to that conclusion?

My point was his corner was trying to steal time, I would have said the same thing if they were speaking Russian or Italian, you missed the point and see what you wanna se.

<Fedor23>

You guys have it wrong. Here is what happened in that exchange of words.

Ortega's vision was messed up but he didn't want to say it to the ref because they would stop the fight. Instead, Ortega told his trainer in spanish, so that Herb or the doctor wouldn't be able to understand, that he couldn't see. At that moment, the trainer calls for Herb, and Herb asks Ortega what's wrong? Ortega then tells his trainer "te dije en confianza guey" which translates to, "that was between me and you, fool" Ortega then tells Herb that he's fine and ready to go.
That makes sense.

He is Mexican
He's as Mexican as I am German. Just because your ancestry originates from a location doesn't mean you automatically become part of that countries culture. He was born in America. Lived here is whole life. He's fucking American, and clearly not even fully Hispanic. He looks more like a caveman than a Mexican.

Back