• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So Who Are You? For grapplers:

iam the smooth and silky guy with the satin gi who puts vanilla ice cream on his chest and let it melt down to his genetals after rolling

10/10.

I've met basically all of those characters. The beginning of the list was the most realistic, and it faded a little towards the end but was still hilarious. I guess I'm the de-humani-zer or whatever, but half the time I get my ass kicked. The Takada guy and the "i let you have me" guys are the ones i hate the most

One Move Wonder (actually two move wonder...but close enough)
Laugher

Craftsman. Im getting better but when i first started people would say like nice "so and so" sub and i was like wat? i just did what looked like it would hurt if it happend to me

This thread is lol. Im none of the above. What is UG? Ultimate Grappling?

Lol I am like 5 of those!

just to name a few, I am the Getting Serious Guy, One Trick Hero, Latecomer and Can I try something dude

Man good read, although mostly I am the getting serious dude, work, bars, women, school, car problem bleh!

I started reading it. It was interesting. I got pretty far (considering how long I thought it would be). I never looked at the length or posts before I started reading it.

Then, I was like, WTF. How long is this? But never checked. I kept reading and got a few past the Farter.

And then I was like, how long is this and scrolled down.

DUDE!!!

WTF ARE YOU THINKING?

ps. I read a lot. Just finished The Selfish Gene and a few other cool books, so, it ain't like reading scares me. I guess, just was caught off guard.

you know i was thinking about this thread a couple of days ago when i saw the lot sharks outside serra's gym. still a classic thread IMO

The two that fit me the best are sack of knee and elbows and the no-responsibility guy.

I think you should add "thinks he knows better than the instructor guy" who always comments on what the instructor says when showing a technique.
We have a guy like that where I train, he ALWAYS has to give his input (usually obvious or stupid). And when we go over the techniques and you mention that he is doing it wrong, he says "Well this way is better" but then proceeds to do what you tell him.

Going over the list, I'm finding that he fits in to all the negative categories
He is the following:
Won't let you practice guy
Let's Go Light Guy
Practice hero
Pre excuse guy
The WhatChaWeigh guy
Drama guy (He even complained that I highguard him too hard?)
Asshole guy
The Take Every Advantage Guy
SWEAT DRIPPER GUY
Nasty Sweaty Zitty Back Guy
Stinky Guy

And of course, he is the only one my weight so I get paired up with him all the time.
Felt so good to vent that out :redface:

The two that fit me the best are sack of knee and elbows and the no-responsibility guy.

I think you should add "thinks he knows better than the instructor guy" who always comments on what the instructor says when showing a technique.
We have a guy like that where I train, he ALWAYS has to give his input (usually obvious or stupid). And when we go over the techniques and you mention that he is doing it wrong, he says "Well this way is better" but then proceeds to do what you tell him.

Going over the list, I'm finding that he fits in to all the negative categories
He is the following:
Won't let you practice guy
Let's Go Light Guy
Practice hero
Pre excuse guy
The WhatChaWeigh guy
Drama guy (He even complained that I highguard him too hard?)
Asshole guy
The Take Every Advantage Guy
SWEAT DRIPPER GUY
Nasty Sweaty Zitty Back Guy

You see we have a great philophy at our school we will pound on you until you conform or leave. No one has ever been asked to leave but lot's of people have been repeated put through every pressure point in the book especially by Kong our 300 pounder who's got a good decade of training

And of course, he is the only one my weight so I get paired up with him all the time.
Felt so good to vent that out :redface:

You see we have a great philophy at our school we will pound on you until you conform or leave. No one has ever been asked to leave but lot's of people have been repeated put through every pressure point in the book especially by Kong our 300 pounder who's got a good decade of training

The first day I thought I was the natural, only to realize I am

The Takada guy/The Laugher/The One Move Wonder

all rolled into one! Some others probably apply as well

The SPY: This guy comes in one day, is very friendly, seems to know a lot about BJJ scene and says he's from out of town. He rolls and blends in with the students, seems like a very promising prospect for the club.
Result: You never see him again after the first class and months later when browsing a competition's website you see the mother****er in their seminar photos being one of their "regulars".

im the lazy possum and even though im a guy the The De-Man-Izer beucuz im small but i like going against huge people cuz well it can be challenging.
and well the the lazy possum becuz i let the people try passing my guard as i just lay there and if they do i just shrimp back 2 it an eventually when they are tired sub them or sweep them

Back