So who’s hoping Edwards destroys Chimaev

Yeah but if he beats Edwards, he will for sure get a shot at Usman. (maybe even before Burns).
Wasnt the fight vs Aliskerov at WW?
You can praise him all you want for quickly finishing his opponents and beating a sambo world champ, like that would mean anything going into elite MMA competition. The gap between the absolute best of the best and the vast pool of decent but not top 10 MMArtist is too big imo, to make a decent assumption on how good he really is.
Thats why you usually fight your way up the rankings, test yourself against different styles and guys with much more experience and than eventually fight another top contender. Not knock out an unranked MW to instantly enter the WW title picture.
Again this has nothing to do with me hating Khamzat. Good for him.

If he beats Edwards, he has proven to be at a title contenders level, as I consider Leon to be at that level.
Nah, MW.
That's why you don't only go by wins over unranked opponents, but go by every bit of info you can gather.
Yeah, you shouldn't act like it's a given he's going to beat Usman or Izzy, but that's not really why I responded to you, nor what I ever stated.
You made a comparison with a fighter based on only one or a few similarities, that doesn't strike me as a fair indication for either predicting Khamzat's future, nor for assessing the current state of Khamzat.

Expecting Leon to win but why is he even taking this fight?! He's way above the rankings...high risk low reward...

I dont know how Edwards avoids being force fed 10 family meals while being drowned with soda.

I dont dispute that. The thing is neither of them has faced even closely good enough competition to be considered a real title contender, that people make/made them to be.
Its crazy to me how you can assume that Khamzat is ready or able to beat both Usman and Izzy. (Other than for the memes ofc)

Watching both of their pre-UFC careers, it’s obvious Khamzat is a fucking savage. He is a caucus mountain fighter who has been wrestling since he was 5, and he has knockout power. Idk if he will definitely become champ, but the guy is here to stay.

I want Chimaev to lose so his fanbase shut the f up.

i don't.....right now Khamzat is A LOT more interesting than Edwards, in fact the latter was basically irrelevant before the fight was announced

I hope not as Leon is the real deal but he's just so booooring to watch. Chimaev actually finishes fights and doesn't coast fights. Leon probably wins by points but I hope Chimaev subs him

It’s amazing how spiteful “fans” are that they root against exciting prospects just because in their mind it may make someone else unhappy. They’ll even root for boring decisions.

Expecting Leon to win but why is he even taking this fight?! He's way above the rankings...high risk low reward...
Did you already forget Dana kicked him out of the top 15 until he took this fight?

Did you already forget Dana kicked him out of the top 15 until he took this fight?
If that's the case then this is a must win for him as Khamzat isn't that high on the rankings...

I dislike Chimaev because of his fans, and Edwards because he never fights and is often boring. May the best man win (read: the fans)

If that's the case then this is a must win for him as Khamzat isn't that high on the rankings...
Don’t pay attention to the rankings for this. Khamzat is obviously highly touted and an exciting win over him would give him a lot more shine than a win over most other guys even in the top 10.

No its come to a point, where not anybody is in there for the just bleed anymore. Khamzat is an exciting fighter, way more so than point machine Edwards. But the way the UFC tries to hype him up, is borderline ridiculous and has nothing to do with actual competition. I dont hate the fighter or want to see Dana get angry, but i hate the fact, that the UFC gives more shit about being a circus show than the top organisation for competivie athletes.
I hate the fact that someone like Khamzat can just come in, copycat Khabib smesh gimmick and get a shot at fighting the 4th best WW after beating fcking Gerald Meerschaert at MW, whos best win is Deron Winn for fcks sake. WTF is this shit show?

Edit: And if Khamzat loses a UD to Edwards, all of you clowns will just forget that he even existed and look for the next hype job.
Eh...I guess I'm the "clown in that scenario? Lmao. Hype job is something that gets thrown around far too often. The UFC is a business. It is their job to identify and properly market upcoming talent. They aren't right all the time, obviously. But Sherdog is far from perfect in that regard as well. Izzy vs Costa being the most prominent example. One was the biggest hype job in UFC history and the other was the natty goat. How did those chips fall, sherbro?

The UFC also has a clear history of rewarding those who make sacrifices for the organization. You can say Khamzat just followed the Khabib smesh gimmick if you want. But he fought twice in 10 days during a pandemic. We don't have enough information to say he is that dude just yet, but that also means we don't have enough information to invalidate him either. He earned the Leon fight imo. Give fighters a chance before you write them off is all I'm saying.

Also a difference in "just bleed" and wanting to see fighters who make an attempt to finish the fight. I'll never call a guy out for a specific performance, but as a larger body of work presents itself, there are trends that begin to form. Leon Edwards and decisions just go together. What else has Leon been doing? Being inactive for so long that he is no longer #4 in his division? Neat. Hate on the UFC as an organization all you want, but no one was saying they were a shit tier company when they were the only professional sport, let alone professional MMA org that was putting on events. Again, really fucking weird that hatred for an organization/president/who other fans like, leads to a "fight fan" hoping for a lackluster performer to win against an exciting competitor. Seek help, my guy...

Like Chimaev now, but we'll see how badly this hype does or doesn't go to his head.

Nah a boring af decision win wouldn't be funny just sad, then just imagine Leon calling for a title shot afterwards would be cringey af, if he absolutely starches Chimaev however then yeah that would be amusing, tbf I don't see that happening, if someone's winning by a finish it's going to be Chimaev.
I tend to agree. Leon has a more established track record, but with all of those fights against top talent, I still can't get too excited to see him fight for a title. Chimaev seems to have potential, but no real tests in the UFC as of yet. Make the fight and enjoy. Don't really care who comes out on top, but would prefer that the winner shows conclusively that they are deserving of title contention.

Burns/Usman, Colby/Mas, Leon/Khamzat...I'm interested in seeing how things play out at welterweight. Up and coming talent gets hated on before it can be proven/disproven because it's easier to label someone as a hype job than to admit the truth, patience is required to make a better determination and fight fans are impatient.

Leon is #3 for a reason. If Chimaev beats him convincingly, he might as well get the next title shot or Colby for the title eliminator.

Even though I’ll have to sit here and read all the dudes slobbering on his knob, I want khamzat to succeed. Like able guy with a good story and loves to fight. I don’t wish bad on people just because of their annoying fans. WarKhamzat

It’s a tough one to call really because everyone looks great against weaker competition

Apparently he travelled to Ireland to attack McGregor, and got stopped by the police at the border?
Take from that what you will.
Like him even more now, talk shit get hit. Ve been the case since the dawn of time, internet won't change it.

Back