So who’s hoping Edwards destroys Chimaev

So this is what we have devolved to as MMA fans? Hoping for a Leon Edwards decision win against a guy who is 3-0 in the UFC with 3 finishes in 4 months because **checks notes** the look on Dana's face? This is low-brow even for Sherdog standards.
No its come to a point, where not anybody is in there for the just bleed anymore. Khamzat is an exciting fighter, way more so than point machine Edwards. But the way the UFC tries to hype him up, is borderline ridiculous and has nothing to do with actual competition. I dont hate the fighter or want to see Dana get angry, but i hate the fact, that the UFC gives more shit about being a circus show than the top organisation for competivie athletes.
I hate the fact that someone like Khamzat can just come in, copycat Khabib smesh gimmick and get a shot at fighting the 4th best WW after beating fcking Gerald Meerschaert at MW, whos best win is Deron Winn for fcks sake. WTF is this shit show?

Edit: And if Khamzat loses a UD to Edwards, all of you clowns will just forget that he even existed and look for the next hype job.

I want a double ko

But if I had to pick, I guess leon

Huge pressure on Leon here.

He should be the better fighter
He should be the better striker
He should win.....

I think anyone specifically wanting Khamzat to lose is a fake fan or internet troll.

Oh no we have someone who finishes fights, fights on short notice at two weight classes....

No, why would I want boring Edwards to stop an exciting hypetrain?

Chimaev is waaay too cocky but that level of confidence can be a good thing as well. Whenever he runs his mouth about fighting 3 guys in one night I wish someone showed him that fighting top tier opponents is a different ballgame. The kid is super talented but he will lose a fight, It’s inevitable. Will Leon be the guy? I don’t know, Chimaev is still COMPLETELY untested... he could be the next Israel/Jones/Gsp or another Huerta/Lombard.

What I hope is that they make Leon the underdog so I can make some quick cash.

No dude, I'm a genuine Khamzat fan. I truly believe he will smesh Leon.
Fair enough. He is entertaining. I just dont like the fact, that he is already so close to a title shot without beating even a ranked opponent.

I dont dispute that. The thing is neither of them has faced even closely good enough competition to be considered a real title contender, that people make/made them to be.
Its crazy to me how you can assume that Khamzat is ready or able to beat both Usman and Izzy. (Other than for the memes ofc)

Dude beat a highly touted, undefeated in MMA, sambo world champ at MW, outside of the UFC. He has a very solid background and seems to be very well rounded, very athletically gifted, very good fighting instincts, and the right mindset. We're talking about him fighting Leon, not Usman or Izzy, for as far as I know.

i hope he dominates the entire fight but wins by cut so we can have 900 threads about how Chimaev would have won

The reaction on Dana’s face would be worth it
Haters can't choose who they want to lose more. Usman or chimaev lol.

I want chimaev to win so he can fight usman. What fight fan wouldn't want to see that?

I'm more curious how the "Khamzat hype lol he hasn't beaten anyone ranked" people will trash top-3-and-on-a-huge-winning-streak Leon if he were to lose.
I mean, he sure as fuck doesn't deserve the fight, but beating Edwards is beating Edwards. If the UFC was shitty enough to book Tai Tuivasa against Stipe for some retarded reason and Tai won by knockout, he'd still be champ. We can talk for months about why the fuck it happened, but Tai's the champ.

Chimaev could be rapist I would still cheer for him over an unlikable potato head like Leon.
That's how much I hope Chimaev wins and Leon looses

Imo Chimaev smeshes him pretty much and I have it ending in the 1 or 2 round with TKO or submission

Dude beat a highly touted, undefeated in MMA, sambo world champ at MW, outside of the UFC. He has a very solid background and seems to be very well rounded, very athletically gifted, very good fighting instincts, and the right mindset. We're talking about him fighting Leon, not Usman or Izzy, for as far as I know.
Yeah but if he beats Edwards, he will for sure get a shot at Usman. (maybe even before Burns).
Wasnt the fight vs Aliskerov at WW?
You can praise him all you want for quickly finishing his opponents and beating a sambo world champ, like that would mean anything going into elite MMA competition. The gap between the absolute best of the best and the vast pool of decent but not top 10 MMArtist is too big imo, to make a decent assumption on how good he really is.
Thats why you usually fight your way up the rankings, test yourself against different styles and guys with much more experience and than eventually fight another top contender. Not knock out an unranked MW to instantly enter the WW title picture.
Again this has nothing to do with me hating Khamzat. Good for him.

Back