• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So when did Nate Diaz lose his motivation in the sport?

A common trend is people holding them down to win on points. It's happened a ridiculous amount of times,

Jeezis, not this old myth again. You would think "Diaz Fans" would actually have watched their fights.

Nick:
Lost every round to Silva in a pure stand up fight.
Lost every round to GSP in a fight where more than 50% was on the feet, and GSP won the standup as well as the ground game.
Lost 4/5 rounds of nearly pure standup to Condit, who is not a ground fighter.
Lost a Pure Stand up fight to KJ Noons.
Sherk, Riggs, Diego, Karo, none of those guys LnP'd Nick.

Nate:
Dominated in the Stand Up by RDA, and had zero on the ground.
Head kicked off by Josh Thompson.
Dominated in the Stand Up by Bendo.
Ragdolled by Rory.
Lost to Kim controlling the ground (That's 1 fight).
Maynard beat Nate in a Stand Up fight.
Lost to Joe Daddy in a good technical grappling match.
Lost to Guida in a ground fight (that might be 2 fights, but Nate was mostly a ground fighter then as well).

That's it for Nate and Nick's UFC losses. 1 for sure, maybe 2 could be called LnP losses.

Any other Diaz fan that are a bit sad that Nate ONLY wants Mcgregor? No Lawler no nothing.

Everyone talks about how it sucks that Mcgregor is off the card, but i enjoy Nate's fighting style more!

Out of selfish reasons, i just wanna see the guy fight. Sucks that Nate is off 200. We probably wont even see him fight again.

baseless conclusion. perhaps he lost motivation for ufc200, but not the sport.

Nate wants the most money he can get with the lowest risk of taking damage.

He can fight tougher opponents who he might lose to for much, much less than he'd make fighting Conor, or he can fight a guy that he's already beaten and make millions.

I don't think he's super keen on prize fighting, or at least not these days. He's been fucked around enough and been through wars and he's probably tired of it all.

I'd like to see him fight a contender (Ferguson, Khabib, Barboza, etc), but it won't pay anywhere near what the Conor rematch will. If someone gave me the option to do a tremendously difficult job for decent pay, and also offered me a job I was more confident about that paid nearly enough to retire off of and involved less risk, I know what I'd go with.

Any other guy willl give him bum money. Only goat can give him the chance to get a 7 figure check.

Nate is not known for being a brilliant guy but he is doing the right thing this time.
Just because he's not well spoken doesnt mean he's dumb. He has a PhD in fighting and anyone that can specialize to that degree is smart IMO. Plus he leads a healthy and frugal lifestyle. Makes educated choices about diet, fitness and money. Yeah I'd say he's smart.

Waiting for Conor is another smart choice.

Just because he's not well spoken doesnt mean he's dumb. He has a PhD in fighting and anyone that can specialize to that degree is smart IMO. Plus he leads a healthy and frugal lifestyle. Makes educated choices about diet, fitness and money. Yeah I'd say he's smart.

Waiting for Conor is another smart choice.

I dont think he is dumb at all. And yes he could even be smart in some ways. All im saying is that i dont think he is a brilliant guy much less he is know for being so.

I love that he is in a good spot now. He truly deserves it.

Conor is a bigger money fight, and way easier for him. Why jeopardize his big payday?

He's just playing the game...if the Conor fight is on the table, that's all he wants

Why would he want to go back to making $20-40k?

Nate legitimately made more in his last fight than he probably ever expected to make in a lifetime and more than his teachers in school ever expected him to make.

He made big money for anyone, but from where Nate comes from its big big money too.

I totally see where Nate is at right now. He needs a serious fight that makes sense in propelling his career up even higher, because for very good reasons he feels like it's at a peak right now. And he's not motivated to take a different opponent to save a card because he legitimately doesn't need the (smaller) paycheck like he would in the same situation 2 years ago.

When you make more money than you ever thought you could in life you start rethinking whether fighting a top ranked professional fighter in a cage match for $50k or $75k or whatever is a good idea. Even if you're a top ranked fighter yourself.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say:
1) When he got KO'd by Thomson
2) When he got destroyed by RDA
3) When Nick decided to only take money fights like with Anderson

I wonder which made Nate happier:

Offer of original Conor fight
Or
Offer of a rematch?

Jeezis, not this old myth again. You would think "Diaz Fans" would actually have watched their fights.

Nick:
Lost every round to Silva in a pure stand up fight.
Lost every round to GSP in a fight where more than 50% was on the feet, and GSP won the standup as well as the ground game.
Lost 4/5 rounds of nearly pure standup to Condit, who is not a ground fighter.
Lost a Pure Stand up fight to KJ Noons.
Sherk, Riggs, Diego, Karo, none of those guys LnP'd Nick.

Nate:
Dominated in the Stand Up by RDA, and had zero on the ground.
Head kicked off by Josh Thompson.
Dominated in the Stand Up by Bendo.
Ragdolled by Rory.
Lost to Kim controlling the ground (That's 1 fight).
Maynard beat Nate in a Stand Up fight.
Lost to Joe Daddy in a good technical grappling match.
Lost to Guida in a ground fight (that might be 2 fights, but Nate was mostly a ground fighter then as well).

That's it for Nate and Nick's UFC losses. 1 for sure, maybe 2 could be called LnP losses.

Almost everything you just said could be argued against. But more importantly wth you have this anti-Diaz obsession?

Facts are facts. Silly Diaz-level arguments can't change them.

Losing on a cut is not losing the stand up. Many people thought Nick won vs Condit. Maynard and Guida beat nate in a split decision. very arguable decisions but of course you will never entertain the thought because like I said you have something against the Diaz brothers.

It is disappointing that he won't fight other people but understandable given the financials and the dangers of the profession. He makes far more against Conor than anybody else and he matches up very well against him with his skillset and physical advantages.

For the same reasons why should Conor fight Frankie when he can make more money fighting more main stream opponents? I know the differences in purses would not be as extreme as the Diaz situation % wise but this is a short career that can end in an instant so fighters should always look after their best interests if they have enough sway with the company to have a say in their own match making. The company should strip him of his title though!

Back