So what's with the Calzaghe hate?

I dunno.. the most memorable punches of the fight were thrown by Hop. Cal doesnt do anything memorable.
Had Cal tried to beat Hop to the punch everytime he set up to throw that sloppy right cross, he might have dominated... but he was too afraid to try and lead Hop. He wanted hop to lead so he could block it and then flurry before hop tied up. He knew the game hop was playing and he played right along. He's just as guilty for the fight being boring.

That is a bad bad sig and av loss, glorious, this made me erupt laughing!!

On topic, I like Calzaghe and think hes a good guy and a very good fighter. I dont think he won this fight though and would be very surprised if he went for a rematch. I dont think he thinks he won either, he looked very uncomfortable in there and really didnt look convinced of the decision.

On topic, I like Calzaghe and think hes a good guy and a very good fighter. I dont think he won this fight though and would be very surprised if he went for a rematch. I dont think he thinks he won either, he looked very uncomfortable in there and really didnt look convinced of the decision.

I know it isn't really an accurate indicator, but his corner telling him he had to finish a few rounds out was not a good sign, and then going into the last telling him again he has to finish (while Hopkins corner telling him he's ahead) echoed what I was thinking.

Wouldn't Hopkins age prohibit a rematch? I don't think he would want one either, better to claim a "moral" victory ie the "I should have won the decision" leaves doubt, but if he were to lose a rematch, all doubt is gone.

Calzaghe must be Italian for "Another overrated Euro"...

Joe wants to fight Roy Jones Jr. Did George Foreman turn him down?

Pavlik would crush ol' Slappy Calzaghe.

Calzaghe must be Italian for "Another overrated Euro"...

Joe wants to fight Roy Jones Jr. Did George Foreman turn him down?

Pavlik would crush ol' Slappy Calzaghe.

Go away.

People were slow to get in Joe's bandwagon because of his perceived quality of opposition. They wanted him to fight a "real" contender, so he ruined Jeff Lacy's career.

Then they wanted him to fight Kessler. Kessler was flawless and was still outclassed.

Then they wanted him to come to America, so he came to America and he outboxed Bernard Hopkins. And over the last half of the fight, he made it look relatively easy and had Hopkins playing make believe to try and salvage a win.

Joe's chin certainly isn't on par with Marvin Hagler's, but it's solid. Dropped three times in 45 professional fights? That's pretty good, I'd say.

Calzaghe and Hagles (or Hearns, Monzon, SRR, Burley, Ketchel, etc) don't belong in the same sentence.

because i like hopkins and all calzaghe did was slap him and did nothing to hurt hopkins

The greatest S.MW of all time? Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Back