Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
And how much of it was the fever dream of a crazy dude

There's a good take that all of it except for the asylum scenes are fake

What you mean like in real life?

Well theres been plenty clown dudes running around killing people

Appearance on show, Comedy club tryout, Murders....real.. girlfriend much like the Average SD member....fantasy.

It's all real, except the fake parts.

Joaquin Phoenix is just a figment of my imagination

It was a movie, bud. It wasn't real life.

Still haven't watched it.

I hate Phoenix, so might never watch.

I still want to believe that staircase scene with the jock jamz music was a figment of my imagination, and really didn't happen...

First watch I had no clue what was real. After 2nd watch Only The hot girlfriend , obvious parts about the late night show , his recounting of the comedy club ...... were fake.

The end of movie where hes standing on th he car with people cheering him I m 50/50 on that being dream as well.

Appearance on show, Comedy club tryout, Murders....real.. girlfriend much like the Average SD member....fantasy.

Yep. Agreed. Hence the scene where he is in her apartment and she tells him he’s in the wrong apartment. Oh, and the first time he was on DeNiro’s show in the audience. That wasn’t real either.

Such a overhyped movie, I liked Joaquim take but I expect the Joker to be be smart, cunning and cold blooded. Not some loser with mental issues and bipolar. His origins in comic should be kept, criminal who gets dropped into a tub of chemicals

Yep. Agreed. Hence the scene where he is in her apartment and she tells him he’s in the wrong apartment. Oh, and the first time he was on DeNiro’s show in the audience. That wasn’t real either.

Yep. The movie made it clear that the girlfriend angle was never real. I figured the first appearance on the late night show was fantasy. He wanted DeNiro's admiration. Any scene when she appears as his girlfriend is in his mind, even if he was really in those places. I think the stand up scenes were coping with his failure; no one laughing at his grade school jokes.

Such a overhyped movie, I liked Joaquim take but I expect the Joker to be be smart, cunning and cold blooded. Not some loser with mental issues and bipolar. His origins in comic should be kept, criminal who gets dropped into a tub of chemicals

His origin in the DC universe is just as unreliable as the scenes in this movie. The Joker is supposed to be anonymous. No one knows where he came from, even though some comics have attempted an origin story.

And either way, he is definitely mentally unwell.

His origin in the DC universe is just as unreliable as the scenes in this movie. The Joker is supposed to be anonymous. No one knows where he came from, even though some comics have attempted an origin story.

And either way, he is definitely mentally unwell.

Falling in acid/chemical waste after a robbery gone wrong has always been the most used origin, him being bipolar and depressive with a weak mind was never an angle before. He was always ruthless and cold

Pheonix didn't portray Joker, his character is someone that inspired the real Joker to appear.

Completely agree. This movie is overrated as hell. He gives an excellent performance but that's the only part worth watching. The ending on the talk show was especially disappointing.

Back