So what's Charles legacy in LW division history ?

Im pretty sure he is still an active fighter.

a guy who was there for a long time, had a great resurgence, and remained at the top. it's not over yet. he lost to arman, but finished strong IMO. i wouldn't write him off yet, or talk about legacies.

Hard to rank him, but he's a great comeback story as he wasn't consistent earlier in his career, however later had a great run with mostly finishes that lead to the LW belt. The LW division has a long history of badass fighters, but he's definitely up there in the mix and still a threat to anyone in the LW division.

hes not above anyone who defended 3x

Probably in the 6-10 range. He had some very good wins, but he also had some really bad losses. And he had a couple glaring weaknesses: for much of his career, he was rightfully considered a quitter; and despite all of his submission wins (which were usually caught during scrambles), he's always struggled from bottom position.

Islam, Felder, Cowboy and Miller are his only losses at LW. Both Miller and Cowboy was before he even turned 23.

Charles is a top 3 all time at LW.

One of the best of his era. One of the most offensively gifted LWs ever as well.

Do Bronx isn't even retiring yet.

Probably top 5-6 lightweight of all time. I’d put Khabib, Penn, Gomi, RDA and Islam over him.

Islam has two top 10 wins, there's no reasonable argument for him being in the GOAT list. He hasn't even caught up to Pettis yet.

Gomi top 5 has to consider PRIDE Surely, which is hard for me to count as the same division.. I'd love to know what fights he fought at Welterweight though, apparently has, never knew that until now.

he has only beaten 1 ranked LW like ever lmao he isn't even in the top 10... skillwise he might be top 2... but your actual resume matters lol
Name which 1 ranked LW he beat again and tell me whether or not he's somehow related to the fighter which is the very subject of this post?

"Isn't even in the top 10".... ehhhh

No. The only top 5 LW he beat is Charles. That says a lot. And as someone said earlier he has two top 10 wins only.
Actually says a lot that he beat (FINISHED) the very guy you're ranking him under.

<{outtahere}>

Name which 1 ranked LW he beat again and tell me whether or not he's somehow related to the fighter which is the very subject of this post?

"Isn't even in the top 10".... ehhhh
Charles Oliveira has 4 top 5 wins... Islam 1... if you want to use your argument Conor Mcrgegor was the goat when he beat aldo... ALDO HAD FINISHED EVERY OTHER GUY...

Back