• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So... What if Stipe wins?

If Stipe wins we wait another three years for the rematch.

Everyone is acting as if Jones winning is a foregone conclusion but what if Stipe wins? Does Jones still retire? Would Stipe retire?
What will Dana White feel? Does Stipe become the 'guy who walks out of the room' every single time for Dana?
What narrative shifts do you see if Stipe beats Jones?

A rematch in 5 years time and Dana still says Jon is the goat

Jon Jones fans will be on life support.
I'm really curious as to how Jones himself with take the loss. He's talked about being okay with losing to Francis and Reyes but then you see him rant and gloat for days on Twitter about how he's undefeated and the best ever.
Will it be Ronda Rousey-esque?

Who knows, who cares. I’m guessing something along the lines of getting his pick of any 65 year old woman at the nursing home

Assuming that they're both healthy, and barring JBJ having another mental breakdown, the UFC would likely push for an immediate rematch rematch to take place within 6 months.
Best scenario is for each guy to win then lose; facilitating an infinite rematch loop. Our great grandkids will be watching stipe and Jones being pushed out for wheelchair fights. Dana will be happier than a pig in shit while proclaiming “this is the fights our fans want!!!” before shaking Jon/stipe awake to drive their mobility scooters into each other

Everyone is acting as if Jones winning is a foregone conclusion but what if Stipe wins? Does Jones still retire? Would Stipe retire?
What will Dana White feel? Does Stipe become the 'guy who walks out of the room' every single time for Dana?
I don't know, what if I win a million dollars and fuck Taylor Swift? Both are pretty much nil in terms of chances

If Stipe wins I see him actually fighting Aspinall. Unless DW and the UFC try to get him to fight for pennies. Jon will likely retire as I do not see him fighting the other HWs. It is crazy IMO to see Jon at 36 talking like he is "Old" when 36 is PRIME for a HW. Werdum 42, Randy 47, Reem 41, Big Nog 39, Brock 39.

If Stipe wins Aspinall probably has to wait another 8 months for a unification.

Hopefully he gets better commercials than gov x dot com.

I'm really curious as to how Jones himself with take the loss. He's talked about being okay with losing to Francis and Reyes but then you see him rant and gloat for days on Twitter about how he's undefeated and the best ever.
Will it be Ronda Rousey-esque?
He won't be able to take it and would engage in self destructive behavior and probably get locked up within 24 hours of him losing.

Stipe seems to only want big fights only, so defending the title would be lots of money. I see him taking fights until he loses. Jones then Aspinall, and if he won that too he'd probably take another. We'd be waiting a long time in between his fights, probably worse than he was with the DC trilogy.

I will suck Dana's dick and apologize for calling him greedy pig. My distaste for Jones at this point overrides my annoyance with Dana.

Semi more money for the UFC and another wasted year on a rematch.

If Stipe wins, he will turn around and defend his title vs Tom. He said as much.
See Here.

HW primes come later in life so we dont know how Stipe will look until he steps into the cage.
but if he wins I'm definitely gonna make a thread gloating about it

Technically that statement doesn't promise a match will be made, just talked about. But it's still a damn sight more likely Stipe would fight Aspinall than Jones would.

If Stipe wins I'll look out for your thread and join in...after I finish tap-dancing naked under the waxing moon in manic glee.

Dana gets hospitalized after suffering a stroke ringside.

They're both retiring after the fight, leaving Dana with no more opportunities to make anymore cash out of them. He wouldn't give a shit who wins lol.

Last edited:
Back