So was Ellenberger's hand ever hurt?

Rogan sure does play doctor a lot during fights. Next to saying that a fighter needs to utilize more legs kicks, guessing about injuries is his next favorite thing to talk about.

Let's not forget in the Hendricks/Lawler fight Rogan mentioned how Robbie had a bulge on his shin from a checked leg kick or kick and was sure that it was affecting Robbie. Then when he asks Robbie about it post fight Rob responds "Yeah thats a bump, its fine, I don't fee it." Or something along those lines.

Can't believe so many people hate Rogan for those types of comments. haha.

Jake hadn't landed anything significant, and then he finally went in for the kill and hit Robbie with some great punches. Then directly after he appeared to wobble him, Jake just dipped under and grabbed for underhooks and didn't follow up (and also started eating knees). It was very odd behavior considering that was the closest he had been to hurting Robbie. He also never really threw any hard punches after that either so it was hard to tell what his deal was. Rogan was just speculating that an injured hand could have been the reason for all of it.

Rogan sure does play doctor a lot during fights. Next to saying that a fighter needs to utilize more legs kicks, guessing about injuries is his next favorite thing to talk about.

A commentator for a combat sport was pointing out a potential injury during a fight.
RIDICULOUS! FIRE HIM!

It did look like Ellenberger hurt his hand.

Ellenburgers hand was extremely obviously hurt after his barrage in the beginning of the third...

Are you blind???

he clearly stopped throwing and touched his hand like 27 times... watch the fight..

I still think Lawler would have won because he is much better but the hand injury was obvious as fuck...

even if he didn't break it a severly bruised hand, or messed up tendens makes punching someone unbearable.

and in round three most of the adrenaline is gone.

You guys love complaining about everything...

Ellenberger wasn't throwing his right hand after the good flurry he had on the beginning of round 3 (or 2?). That could mean his hand was injured, or not.

Joe didn't make it up from nothing.

Agreed. That and Jake adjusted his hand with his other hand as if he had hurt it and was trying to fix it or something. I certainly thought he did hurt it.

So it wasn't outlandish that rogan said that. People need to.back off his nuts. Sorry but the UFC isn't accepting applications for a commentating position anytime soon.

Rogan is there to stay

Can't believe so many people hate Rogan for those types of comments. haha.

Jake hadn't landed anything significant, and then he finally went in for the kill and hit Robbie with some great punches. Then directly after he appeared to wobble him, Jake just dipped under and grabbed for underhooks and didn't follow up (and also started eating knees). It was very odd behavior considering that was the closest he had been to hurting Robbie. He also never really threw any hard punches after that either so it was hard to tell what his deal was. Rogan was just speculating that an injured hand could have been the reason for all of it.

I dont remember robbie getting wobbled but i agree with everything else

could've been sprained even if it wasn't broken. def. seemed to hurt it.

could've been sprained even if it wasn't broken. def. seemed to hurt it.

This is what I'm thinking.

May not be broken, but the way he was acting, it looked hurt.

But he found himself in another boring fight, and nobody was going to point at his opponent this time. I wouldn't leave out the possibility of over selling it.

I dont even remember Rogan saying Ellenberger had maybe hurt his hand... However, I do remember Rogay saying Rivera was looking tentative and shy during the fight and now he needs to have his right hand cleared...hmm

lots of medical suspensions following UFC 173

Rogan claimed it in the 3rd round, maybe 1-2 minutes before the TKO.

It was a very strange behavior. He got Robbie bad in the exchange and did not follow. I think Robbie even had a flash-wobble (or may be just out of balance). He had the chance and he did not take it. Rogan thinks thats because he busted his hand.

Joe Rogan saying his hand was hurt doesn't mean it is hurt. He said Rob was in deep trouble and I saw none of that either.

I thought he was talking about Lawler when he said he hurt his hand. I don't know how he could tell if Jake hurt his hand, he threw nothing the whole fight except one or two shots in the third, and his pace never changed.

You guys love complaining about everything...

Ellenberger wasn't throwing his right hand after the good flurry he had on the beginning of round 3 (or 2?). That could mean his hand was injured, or not.

Joe didn't make it up from nothing.

Exactly. He wasn't "playing doctor" or speculating out of thin air- he's there to provide commentary and that's what he was doing. He said it looked like he may have hurt his hand, and I actually agreed.

It doesn't mean it was hurt 100%, but he was saying it was a possibility. Why should he not say this? I was actually also curious if anything had been revealed.

Back