So was Ellenberger's hand ever hurt?

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rogan was saying he hurt his hand? Was Rogan just seeing things or has anyone heard if he actually hurt it?

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/ufc-173-medical-suspensions-ellenberger-among-eight-facing-long-terms

UFC 173 medical suspensions: Ellenberger among eight facing long terms

A total of 17 fighters from the card were suspended, among them eight who were given terms that could reach six months, pending medical clearance. Included on the list is headliner Ellenberger, who needs a fracture near his eye cleared by an ophthalmologist after his third-round TKO loss to Robbie Lawler.

Jake Ellenberger: Suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days. Additionally, must have left inferior wall blowout fracture cleared by ophthalmologist or no contest for 180 days.

Last edited:
I dont even remember Rogan saying Ellenberger had maybe hurt his hand... However, I do remember Rogay saying Rivera was looking tentative and shy during the fight and now he needs to have his right hand cleared...hmm

lots of medical suspensions following UFC 173

Joe Rogan saying his hand was hurt doesn't mean it is hurt. He said Rob was in deep trouble and I saw none of that either.

Poor Jake, got fucked up. Robbie is coming for that belt

Rogan's commentary has progressively become shittier and shittier. Dude needs an ego check. Other than that i love him.

He certainly seemed like he hurt his hand late, but he was getting his ass whipped up until and after that point, so I don't see how it would've made a difference either way.

He certainly seemed like he hurt his hand late, but he was getting his ass whipped up until and after that point, so I don't see how it would've made a difference either way.

yeah, that's why i'm curious. Maybe he hurt it but didn't break anything. Or there was nothing wrong at all. That's why i'm asking. I don't check his twitter or any of that stuff. I was wondering if anyone saw anything.

You guys love complaining about everything...

Ellenberger wasn't throwing his right hand after the good flurry he had on the beginning of round 3 (or 2?). That could mean his hand was injured, or not.

Joe didn't make it up from nothing.

Injuries in hockey are a lot easier

lower body injury
upper body injury

Hockey rules. Go Rangers. Fuck the habs

I hope the Rangers win the cup.

I do remember Rogan saying that Ellenberger appeared to injury his hand and it did look like it... but havent heard anything since the fight.

It just seemed to me that Jake threw his best shot and got discouraged when Lawler didn't just crumple.

I think he definitely hurt it or thought it was hurt worse than it was. He was throwing everything he had right before he just completely stopped committing to his right hand which is his main weapon standing. He kept touching it every few seconds and he wasn't doing that the whole fight, just after he stopped throwing it.

Rogan sure does play doctor a lot during fights. Next to saying that a fighter needs to utilize more legs kicks, guessing about injuries is his next favorite thing to talk about.

Back