So, Thiago Santos is currently the best LHW in the world?

Your way is the silly way to think. Jan's champion. Not Santos. If Santos goes around thinking he's the best, uncrowned champion and all that jazz, he winds up just like Reyes did. On the floor with no fucking idea where he is getting his ass kicked by someone people expected him to beat.

No-one says he is not a champion, but being a champion and being the best in physical reality are two different things. Bisping was a champion, but very few thought he was the best MW at the time. What Jan has is just a title, that title doesn't make his skill set and ability any better. He literally got knocked out by Santos last year, that's what matters when talking about who should be considered as the favorite between them = who is better.

If Santos goes around thinking he's the best, uncrowned champion and all that jazz, he winds up just like Reyes did. On the floor with no fucking idea where he is getting his ass kicked by someone people expected him to beat.

Every fighter thinks they are the best even before they win the belt. Santos actually has a legit reason to think he is.

You must be kidding yourself about Jiri. His last 3 wins are over C.B Dolloway, Maldonado and Ozdemir who should have been 1-6 coming to this fight.
He also knocked out Bellator champ Nemkov... Don't judge a fighter just by his record, have you even seen him fight? 9 straight KO wins!

Until Rumble comes back in 2021 and Ngannous everyone. The only good grapplers at LHW are old man Glover and Cirkunov, and Rumble annihilates both. Dont see anyone in the top 5 RNCing Rumble.

giphy.gif

He also knocked out Bellator champ Nemkov... Don't judge a fighter just by his record, have you even seen him fight? 9 straight KO wins!

Yeah that guys post was a bit wild and I don't have much of a point except he didn't knock out Nemkov...he got his ass kicked for most of it iirc and Nemkov gassed and quit but he probably would have if Nemkov didn't throw in the towel. I just think it's ironic you saying he knocked out Nemkov and that people should actually watch his fights instead of just looking at his record lol.

No-one says he is not a champion, but being a champion and being the best in physical reality are two different things. Bisping was a champion, but very few thought he was the best MW at the time. What Jan has is just a title, that title doesn't make his skill set and ability any better. He literally got knocked out by Santos last year, that's what matters when talking about who should be considered as the favorite between them = who is better.

Every fighter thinks they are the best even before they win the belt. Santos actually has a legit reason to think he is.

The problem I think people have including myself is you are saying it is a matter of fact that Thiago is the best LHW in the world and we just don't know that. It was only a year and a half ago but a ton has changed. Some media outlets had Jan winning round 1 and round 2 , i'd have to watch the fight again, and Thiago caught him rushing in quick in the 3rd but all of that is kind of a moot point considering Thiago has been out with very serious injuries and Jan looks way better every fight. You can't just say it's a fact that Thiago is better right now, that's stupid. In some cases we know another guy would be the clear favorite and would likely win the fight but the odds on this one would be close with Thiago likely a slight favorite while Jan is constantly pulling the upsets. It would be a very tough fight to pick. People aren't disagreeing that Thiago is possibly the best, they are saying we really don't know and you're just insisting over and over that he's the best lol. It's silly.

It'll be awesome to see how Thiago looks this weekend.

jones fell off--two words for you to think about...reyes (and) smith

i will bet 1000.00 that jan defends his title and/or beats jones

jones fell off--two words for you to think about...reyes (and) smith

i will bet 1000.00 that jan defends his title and/or beats jones
jan also lost to corey anderson--jan is much better now--and much better in rematches---WATCH

A lot has changed in a year and a half. Jan looks totally different. I remember watching probably 10 of his fights before he even came to the UFC and always thought he was boring and middle of the road. Thought the same in the UFC but he started to pick up the intensity. The last few years he has really turned the corner in many ways which is crazy at his age and after such a long career while Santos' knees were destroyed. It's really f'ing stupid to assume the fight would go down the same now and just assume Thiago is better. Jan is the one with the belt around his waist looking super improved while Thiago has been out getting surgeries. Sometimes things just come together for fighters. You look at guys like Drew Dober who was an absolute decision machine losing to anyone good and now he's crushing guys. Things have been coming together for Jan and it shows big time.

TS is pretty thick imo.

Jan actually looked very different in his last fights, he has a calm selfconfidence attitude + great striking which makes him very scary.
I dont remember having seen someone coming to prime this late but its a great thing actually.

In his last two fights he has split decisioned Jones with one leg and knocked out the current champion.

ScholarlyAdorableBangeltiger-size_restricted.gif

How is he not the best LHW currently, regardless of who happens to hold the belt at the moment? Poor Glover.

Jan seems like the kind of guy who would like to avenge the loss.

So we will be entertained finding the real answers.

Yeah he won with Nemkov who only had 5 pro fights while Jiri had 18 fights on his record already, on top of that it was like 5 years ago so don't you think fighters might be on a very different level after that time? I'm not judging him, you just made ridiculous statement that hes no.1 lhw on the planet.

Oh fuck off man every god damn post on this site is a ridiculous claim, there's god damned retards here analyzing Israel Adesanyas chest and nipples for fuck sakes.

I hope Santos recovered fully. I just rewatched his openener-fights against Manuwa and Kevin Holland.... Santos is just so fun to watch.

War Maretta!

Ps.: I don't know who is really the best, if its not Jan, than maybe (besides Santos) also Jiri or Rakic. The time speaks for Rakic.... this kid is still training and improving day for day like a maniac!

It depends on how he looks after surgeries to both knees and a long layoff. I think Rakic has the best chance of becoming champion now.

Santos will KO Glover

And then Jan vs Santos, somebody getting knocked out too

Damn, LHW is so much better without Jon Jones decisioning everyone

It's the same division with different numbers next to peoples' names. If the champion is dominant, people call it "weak." If no one can hold the belt, they call it "a shark tank" or something of the sort. But the fighters are the same.

Back