So They Didnt Find the God Particle Afterall

No. From what @Soda Popinsky and @usmctanker242 are saying,I now see that this is a DIFFERENT partilce they thought they found and not talking about the God Partilce. I will edit the OP.

Thanks for not digging in and fighting to the bitter end, and thanks for editing the OP so the circle-jerk doesn't continue. Cheers man!

Just rename the thread, "physicists found some shit, and then found out it wasn't the shit they thought."

Thanks for not digging in and fighting to the bitter end, and thanks for editing the OP so the circle-jerk doesn't continue. Cheers man!

Unfortunately, the way people's minds work cause TS's edit to be pointless.

People read the title and then it doesn't matter that Multiple posters pointed out TS's error and TS caught his own error and corrected it in his OP, they will leave with the belief that scientists didn't find the "God Particle" after all.

Is that the definition of science they taught you at sunday school?

Actually, it pretty much is science. Maybe you don't know what science is. Science is mainly theories that have not been proven false . . . yet.

As far as proving something is absolutely true, that is mainly mathematics.

Actually, it pretty much is science. Maybe you don't know what science is. Science is mainly theories that have not been proven false . . . yet.

As far as proving something is absolutely true, that is mainly mathematics.

I guess you went to the same sunday school. One of the basic principles science is built on is that of falsifiability (aka refutability) so writing that science is 100% irrefutable proof of something is just ludicrous.

Back