So the new UFC owners, Conor's BOSS, haven't spoken to him yet

GSP and other people have also said they cannot get in contact with the top guys from new ownership.....very strange

Maybe it's wise.
Avoid talking to the expensive guys.

Build the business around popular guys like CM, Sage, Platinum Mike, and DHC.

Actually it's not. It would Be like the Patriots giving him a piece of the franchise. Which isn't crazy.

I've never heard of a player being given a piece of a franchise. Doesn't mean it's never happened, but if it hasn't, I'd say it's a crazy demand.

Conor doesnt even have their direct number. He's leaving voice mails to their reception desk.

The new owners have to produce as much revenue as possible to service the debt that they took out to purchase the UFC at its over-inflated valuation.

They've actually been warned multiple times by regulators about the amount of debt that was issued for the sale.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-to-receive-fed-warning-over-ufc-buyout-debt

Things are going to get really interesting with this union talk. The valuation of the company was based on the fighters getting screwed on the distribution of revenue. The terms of the sale mean that the owners actually can't pay out more money. They're not going to give anybody, even Conor, more than what they have to.

it wouldn't go on. they have huge debts they need to pay

without mcgregor, how they would make the numbers necessary to pay all this shit?

I imagine Conor represents a very small fraction of their profits. It's a lot of money, to be sure, but not that much in the bigger picture.

They run a great many events a year.

They need him badly. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Look at how much they're scrambling right now. Canceling PPV's, creating belts all over the place.

UFC 208 is an absolute joke as it stands.

God help them if Ronda loses.

My money's on them doing a deal to allow the boxing match with Floyd.

Conor is the sole fucking reason the UFC have been making belts left and right.

You wanna know why they haven't called him? Because he's a loudmouth wannabe businessman. They'll keep him at arms length and he'll just sit there and take it.

Don't be surprised if the owners are just running with this "Conor's feud with management" storyline because it will drive hype to new levels.

They're probably like "Uh, we were planning on meeting with him, but this anti-boss shit is gold! It's like the NWO days of wrestling!"

Actually it's not. It would Be like the Patriots giving him a piece of the franchise. Which isn't crazy.

The only person that I know of that was offered a piece of the team (NFL, NBA, MLB) was John Elway. John was offered a 10% stake in the Broncos but it wasn't free, he would have had to pay for it, and at that time I think it was rumored to be $15 Million for a 10% stake.

I was using my example by comparing Tom Brady (best NFL QB) and Conor (Best LW/hype train right now in the UFC) as a comparison in two sports organizations (NFL, UFC) giving the best player/money maker a piece of the organization.

There is no promotion that will pay Conor anywhere close to what he is making in the UFC.

Connor said something like "Conan O'brien is an owner... where's my piece of the company?" [paraphrasing].

But like, does Connor want Ari Emanuel to come to him and gift him a piece of the pie, or does he want to invest in it like all those other celebrities did? I don't see any problem with Connor paying Ari 20 million for a stake in the company but if he expects them to just give him free shit, he's delusional.

the new CEO need to get their shit together and go on UNDERCOVER BOSS or something because the golden era was over in 2013 and if mcgregor retires this whole ship sinks

It humors me that so many people think Conor is the reason the UFC exists. The UFC was around before Conor, and will be after Conor. In the past couple of years the UFC has enjoyed some good PPV numbers with cards that showcase Conor, but they will exist after Conor. There will be another fighter for Joe Rogan to bust his nut over...

It's funny to watch the new ownership pissing off their stars. While the Fertitas actually got on their private plane to meet fighters face to face to work out arrangements. This is going to go grea . First they pissed off GSP with the Toronto show last ppv where max vs Pettis headlined for a fake belt. If they would have paid GSP his modest 10 million asking price they would have gotten 1 million ppv buys easily. Instead they got 140k. One of the lowest ppvs of the year. WME fucking sucks.

The owners are going to continue to ignore him and have Dana and UFC personnel do the "reaching out".

Conor thinks he's bigger than he really is.

In the grand scheme of things, Ari Emanuel doesn't give a flying fuck about little old McGregor.

Not unless ronda gets ktfo'd into retirement

It humors me that so many people think Conor is the reason the UFC exists. The UFC was around before Conor, and will be after Conor. In the past couple of years the UFC has enjoyed some good PPV numbers with cards that showcase Conor, but they will exist after Conor. There will be another fighter for Joe Rogan to bust his nut over...

Look at PPV numbers between Conor events and non Conor events in the last year. A big company pissing off it's biggest star shows these guys aren't the pros you're all making them out to be. In fact with the rise of Mcgregor and the fighters union looking to upset the apple cart it shows the Fertitta's offloaded the UFC at the exact right time and got an excellent price for it. The UFC declared a net profit of something like $160 million last year, the interest on the 4 billion loan is $100 million a year. They can not afford to be pissing off their biggest draw at the moment...

The only person that I know of that was offered a piece of the team (NFL, NBA, MLB) was John Elway. John was offered a 10% stake in the Broncos but it wasn't free, he would have had to pay for it, and at that time I think it was rumored to be $15 Million for a 10% stake.

I was using my example by comparing Tom Brady (best NFL QB) and Conor (Best LW/hype train right now in the UFC) as a comparison in two sports organizations (NFL, UFC) giving the best player/money maker a piece of the organization.

There is no promotion that will pay Conor anywhere close to what he is making in the UFC.

Did he take it? That stake would be worth $240 million dollars at todays valuation.

I've never heard of a player being given a piece of a franchise. Doesn't mean it's never happened, but if it hasn't, I'd say it's a crazy demand.
Because usually no player is that vaulable enough to warrant that type of deal. The Broncos offered Elway a piece of the franchise after he retired but he declined. It wouldn't be crazy if the pats did for Brady if he had a new contract coming up where he would take a vet minimum contract while still getting compensated.

The comparison that it would be like the Nfl giving Brady a piece is dumb because football doesn't operate like the

the Nfl is a league of franchises. Brady works for the patriots not the NFL. It would be more akin to the patriots giving him a stake in the franchise.

A buy in for a stake in any company is common practice. To become a partner at a law firm you have a buy in cost.

I like how you characterize it as hype train and not two weight champ.

Bellator has the money to give Conor whatever he wanted if they ever got the chance but the UFC will never allow that.

A small percentage of the company for Conor to share in the profits that HE is making isn't ridiculous

Conor is not an employee, he is an independent contractor. So are the rest of the fighters.

Back