So the new UFC owners, Conor's BOSS, haven't spoken to him yet

there will always be another draw... they pie is bigger and bigger, and SOMEONE will find their way to a piece

He demanded ownership stakes and the owners ignored him. It would seem that he got his answer already.

They need him badly. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Look at how much they're scrambling right now. Canceling PPV's, creating belts all over the place.

UFC 208 is an absolute joke as it stands.

God help them if Ronda loses.

My money's on them doing a deal to allow the boxing match with Floyd.

The owners are going to continue to ignore him and have Dana and UFC personnel do the "reaching out".

Conor thinks he's bigger than he really is.

In the grand scheme of things, Ari Emanuel doesn't give a flying fuck about little old McGregor.
Well he should otherwise the UFC will be a failing business

that being true, is retarded

mcgregor is BY FAR their biggest draw and they need to treat him accordingly (well, I think the undeserved titleshot at LW and him making the FW belt hostage is proof enough)

They are treating him accordingly.

They're paying him tens of millions of dollars.

Look at how much they're scrambling right now. Canceling PPV's, creating belts all over the place.

People have been saying this for more than a decade.

There's always some new set of circumstances that makes it obvious the UFC is going to fail.

My money's on them doing a deal to allow the boxing match with Floyd.

Apparently they don't need him badly enough to offer him ownership of the company.

People have been saying this for more than a decade.

There's always some new set of circumstances that makes it obvious the UFC is going to fail.

This is a completely different scenario. This is WME-IMG, not Zuffa.

$4b in debt with $100m interest a year to pay on top of that.

There's a reason Hughes and Chuck have just been axed and fighters aren't getting free tickets to fights.

NEWSFLASH

CONOR CANNOT FIGHT FLOYD WITHOUT UFC APPROVAL.

CONOR NEEDS THE UFC OR HE WILL END UP LIKE GSP, HANGING OUT WITH REBNEY AND THE SNAKE DILLASHAW BURNING MONEY. CAN'T GO TO HOLLYWOOD BECAUSE WME WILL BLACKBALL HIM. THEN ARI AND DANA MIGHT CALL TRUMP AND REVOKE HIS US VISA.

SO YEAH, CONOR IS ARI BITCH. HUG IT OUT

UFC Brass is being as ridiculous as the dweebs on here. Giving him even 1% (only 40 million) as a bonus for each year he fights. Reality is he still wouldn't be making enough even with that, and WME would certainly still be profiting BIG TIME off him.

Conor's not stupid, he knows this, and if UFC doesn't start ponying up, he's going to go the Mayweather route and start making money himself, and it's going to lead to other fighters leaving too. Getting paid 15M for 1.5M ppv draws is an absolute joke and UFC thinking they can sustain that is an absolute joke as well.

This is a completely different scenario. This is WME-IMG, not Zuffa.

$4b in debt with $100m interest a year to pay on top of that.

There's a reason Hughes and Chuck have just been axed and fighters aren't getting free tickets to fights.

Like I said... There's always some new set of circumstances that make this time different.

Pretty sure this time isn't any different.

Conor is clearly the biggest star and a huge cash cow, but if he retired tomorrow, life would go on.

Let me ask you this, though... Do you have a position on fighter pay?

People who think the sky is falling for the UFC are often the same people who say the UFC should be paying the fighters a lot more.

Are you one of those people?

UFC Brass is being as ridiculous as the dweebs on here. Giving him even 1% (only 40 million) as a bonus for each year he fights. Reality is he still wouldn't be making enough even with that, and WME would certainly still be profiting BIG TIME off him.

Conor's not stupid, he knows this, and if UFC doesn't start ponying up, he's going to go the Mayweather route and start making money himself, and it's going to lead to other fighters leaving too. Getting paid 15M for 1.5M ppv draws is an absolute joke and UFC thinking they can sustain that is an absolute joke as well.

Eventually his contract will end, and he can test the waters. See if he can run an event himself, or fight one-offs using promoters he can make better deals with.

It's an interesting time.

Interest dropped in ronda because she hid behind a pillow and said she was suicidal and took a year off.Conor handled his loss like the double champion he is and even though 90 percent of the fighters and sherdog said he couldnt beat nate,he beat him and then when onto become a double champion.

Conor will be a draw as long as he continues to fight,will he always be a mega draw?possibly not but he will always be a good headliner no matter what.

th

No, interest dropped in Ronda because she was the progressive media's flavor of the week. When it came down to it, her little supporters didn't give a fook bout her, her problems, and certainly not MMA. That's how it goes with fake people in that side of the world, and anybody with a brain should've seen that coming.

With Conor, it's different. Everything he does is under a microscope, whether you hate him or love him - he without a doubt has your undivided attention. Just look at how much promotion he got AFTER HE LOST. His ability to capitivate people is in the league of Ali and Mayweather, and he's honestly even better at it. He may have PPVs that don't do as well (by his standards), but by other's standards he will always be a huge draw.

Eventually his contract will end, and he can test the waters. See if he can run an event himself, or fight one-offs using promoters he can make better deals with.

It's an interesting time.

He has one more fight or year (I can't remember) on his contract I believe. His time to test the waters are looming, and he seems to be very keen to do so with how the last year with the UFC has played out, and rightfully so.

The most important thing about running a promotion is promotion, and he knows how to do it arguably better than anyone, or at least does it exquisitely by accident. He doesn't need the UFC, and certainly not anymore that he is a made man. The rest of the BS in running the business can be done by anybody. He's with one of the top sports management teams in the world. If he doesn't know how to get all the other stuff set-up, he has people that can help him.

It's just a matter of actually doing it at this point, and at least for maximizing his potential - getting reputable fighters.

Thing is, I don't think getting reputable fighters is going to be hard at all. FW to WW is stacked with guys inside and outside of the UFC. He can lease fighters, but honestly I think plenty of guys who are making 100k a fight if that in the UFC are going to wait out contracts at a chance to make multiple millions for one fight.

There's also the option of co-promoting with the UFC - which would still be financially wise decision for them. I just don't think the UFC will do it, because their ability to properly hold a grudge and making stupid business decisions based off emotion.

Like I said... There's always some new set of circumstances that make this time different.

Conor is clearly the biggest star and a huge cash cow, but if he retired tomorrow, life would go on.

People who think the sky is falling for the UFC are often the same people who say the UFC should be paying the fighters a lot more.

it wouldn't go on. they have huge debts they need to pay

without mcgregor, how they would make the numbers necessary to pay all this shit?

It is different, there's a need to make back that money. We can already see the affects of it.

As for fighter pay, I don't know on that because I don't really know how much these so called camps cost.

You have fighters coming out on 8 and 8 saying they're almost fighting for free. I'd like to see the breakdown of where the money is going.

I'm very skeptical of it costing around $8k to prepare for a fight.

He has one more fight or year (I can't remember) on his contract I believe. His time to test the waters are looming, and he seems to be very keen to do so with how the last year with the UFC has played out, and rightfully so.

The most important thing about running a promotion is promotion, and he knows how to do it arguably better than anyone, or at least does it exquisitely by accident. He doesn't need the UFC, and certainly not anymore that he is a made man. The rest of the BS in running the business can be done by anybody. He's with one of the top sports management teams in the world. If he doesn't know how to get all the other stuff set-up, he has people that can help him.

It's just a matter of actually doing it at this point, and at least for maximizing his potential - getting reputable fighters.

Thing is, I don't think getting reputable fighters is going to be hard at all. FW to WW is stacked with guys inside and outside of the UFC. He can lease fighters, but honestly I think plenty of guys who are making 100k a fight if that in the UFC are going to wait out contracts at a chance to make multiple millions for one fight.

There's also the option of co-promoting with the UFC - which would still be financially wise decision for them. I just don't think the UFC will do it, because their ability to properly hold a grudge and making stupid business decisions based off emotion.
he signed for 10 fights like 3 fights ago

and not sure if his contract has an option to buy off his contract with the ufc like mayweather did

the new CEO need to get their shit together and go on UNDERCOVER BOSS or something because the golden era was over in 2013 and if mcgregor retires this whole ship sinks

Back