So Royce isn't that much lighter than Shamrock?

Thats just not gonna happen ! Royce k.o win is something on the lines of if Peter McNeeley knocked out Tyson when he hit him...the striking ability is just not there,and if it did happen would literally ruin Shamrocks entire legacy of the UFC itself since this is basically an attached argument of who would win a 3rd fight even tonight deecades later.No doubt Royce will actually be in better athletic shape then he was in 93/95 with all the cross training and impove striking how his reflexes react is another story....if Royce k.od me id become a hermit .lol
I guess you're right...It's just that Ken is now a shell of a shell of his former self and can find unique ways to lose a la Alistair Overeem..(Fujita fight, Franklin (yes I think he could get that leglock and wtf was he doing attempting that head kick having NEVER done that before), Sakuraba fight, Kimbo fight). Guess I'm envisioning a worst case scenario here.

Yea, the rules in Texas meant he had to be within 15 lbs of Ken.
It was funny though on Chael's podcast, Ken had said for the Kimbo fight he had to weigh at least 205. He was actually a little short of that, but apparently nothing was made of it. It's like "you must weigh X. Oh you didn't? Meh okay..."

Had Gracie weighed in below 185 (if that was the minimum), I'm not sure the Texas commission would have cared either. But I can see him wearing the clothes just to ensure there is not a problem.

I'm guessing the difference in the fight will be closer to 15 pounds. Still not as much as I thought.

I guess you're right...It's just that Ken is now a shell of a shell of his former self and can find unique ways to lose a la Alistair Overeem..(Fujita fight, Franklin (yes I think he could get that leglock and wtf was he doing attempting that head kick having NEVER done that before), Sakuraba fight, Kimbo fight). Guess I'm envisioning a worst case scenario here.
What all those fighters have in common is physical strength ,if Shamrock hits Royce with even one of those Fujita bombs hes going down or out... Im not to sold on the Sakuraba fight that may be one Shamrock actually did throw since there were a few Pride fixed fights but we'll call it a loss with no proof ,i just find it bizarre Royce beats Sak but Ken falls with glancing shot? Kimbo has like a 19/20 inch neck ,if Shamrock gets the same choke in and this time squeezes until hes peeled off its over! Im not sure what actually happened in the Franklin fight just remember Shamrock had him on his back and remember the k.o loss. Its not improbable Royce can win but i really dont see a k.o win and i would have Shamrock 3 to 1 favorite . It should be higher but he hasnt won in so long it cant go much higher.

If there's any striking, I think Ken will be more successful with his hands, while Royce will focus on leg kicks and his famous stiff-legged front kicks. He's supposedly been training with a kickboxer and knows Ken has shot knees.

Ken was actually boxing pretty well against Pedro Rizzo...it was the leg kicks that killed him. And I imagine he trained a bit for that bareknuckle fight that didn't pan out (thank God for Ken's sake)!

Of course, if there's much striking, it will probably be cringeworthy for both fighters and the fans.

Ken use to be great at the leg locks but haven't seen one from him SINCE 93'
He's not actually that good at leg locks, relatively speaking. He went for them in an era when almost no one else did. That's pretty much it. Josh Barnett, Marcin Held, Shinya Aoki, and Palhares are all way better at the leg game.

As others have already said, Ken chin is gone. I have no doubt that a good shot from anyone can KO Ken.

That said, I hope Ken try some oldschool shootfighting, and breaks royce ankle.

I have never liked royce attitude, so arrogant and contemptuous

It was funny though on Chael's podcast, Ken had said for the Kimbo fight he had to weigh at least 205. He was actually a little short of that, but apparently nothing was made of it. It's like "you must weigh X. Oh you didn't? Meh okay..."

Had Gracie weighed in below 185 (if that was the minimum), I'm not sure the Texas commission would have cared either. But I can see him wearing the clothes just to ensure there is not a problem.

I'm guessing the difference in the fight will be closer to 15 pounds. Still not as much as I thought.

The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything except that you have ZERO weed in your system.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-almost-10-times-less-than-wada-limits-021314

maybe that explains why Ken looks drained
No, Ken weighed 204 lbs when he fought Kimbo so he's not really cutting weight.

Without the Gi and the t'shirt, Royce would've likely been around 185 anyhow.

What all those fighters have in common is physical strength ,if Shamrock hits Royce with even one of those Fujita bombs hes going down or out... Im not to sold on the Sakuraba fight that may be one Shamrock actually did throw since there were a few Pride fixed fights but we'll call it a loss with no proof ,i just find it bizarre Royce beats Sak but Ken falls with glancing shot? Kimbo has like a 19/20 inch neck ,if Shamrock gets the same choke in and this time squeezes until hes peeled off its over! Im not sure what actually happened in the Franklin fight just remember Shamrock had him on his back and remember the k.o loss. Its not improbable Royce can win but i really dont see a k.o win and i would have Shamrock 3 to 1 favorite . It should be higher but he hasnt won in so long it cant go much higher.
Good points there. Interestingly i didnt think too much of royce's win over saku at the time. Bizarre to think, as you said, that ken lost to the same saku just a year earlier , and embarrasingly So. So that at least makes it suspicious, OR Ken declined really fast after the first tito fight... Or perhaps the frye fight as Don Frye himself thinks. Back then i actually thought hé had a shot in the second tito fight. Too bad he never fought him at his peak. Hé would have smacked him around a la fujita (as many thought at the time) IMO. Anyway, hope he gets the W tonight.

Lol i was right... Ken got TKO'd by fucking royce , nut shot or no. Haven't seen the fight yet but this is just disgraceful.

Lol i was right... Ken got TKO'd by fucking royce , nut shot or no. Haven't seen the fight yet but this is just disgraceful.
Agreed howver no punch....a knee which I dint really take into account...I thought Shammy would be aggressive he basically was looking to lose again.....hang em up ken.

Agreed howver no punch....a knee which I dint really take into account...I thought Shammy would be aggressive he basically was looking to lose again.....hang em up ken.
Yes you're right, have seen it in the meantime. It (as usual with ken) looked quite fishy, hammerpunches barely connnected? Anywhoo, just a sad sad fight really. I don't need those legends to remind me that they arent relevant anymore. Or that i myself have gotten old as well lol

Royce is pretty tall.

He also struggled mightily with tiny featherweight Tokoro...

You should watch it just to get the real story. It was definitely a nut shot that put Ken on the ground. The follow up GnP was pathetic and Ken was never out of it. He turtled from the knee to the nuts.
They both looked like shit and between that fight and the bum fight that took place between Kimbo and Dada, Bellator should be ashamed of themselves.

You should watch it just to get the real story. It was definitely a nut shot that put Ken on the ground. The follow up GnP was pathetic and Ken was never out of it. He turtled from the knee to the nuts.
They both looked like shit and between that fight and the bum fight that took place between Kimbo and Dada, Bellator should be ashamed of themselves.
So true on the last part. I watched the fight in the meantime btw. It was a clear and blatant nutshot. I think Ken would have lost anyway, seeing as he couldn't even handle the weaker (at least that is the assumption but i'm not So sure anymore) Royce in the clinch but still. What a cluster fuck.

Ken cut weight, royce didn't... there was about a 20lb weight difference.

So true on the last part. I watched the fight in the meantime btw. It was a clear and blatant nutshot. I think Ken would have lost anyway, seeing as he couldn't even handle the weaker (at least that is the assumption but i'm not So sure anymore) Royce in the clinch but still. What a cluster fuck.

Agreed. Ken looked so awful even before the foul. Sad. Royce at least looked alive.

Back